Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't play last night so will hop on shortly to finish the cup group and start the league campaign. I'm not convinced I've been able to adequately replace the players that left the club. 34 year old Gary Cahill is still very decent so I'm happy with that addition.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

I've played a few Liverpool saves over the last few years. Signing a decent keeper and at least one decent centre half pretty much guarantees turning a mid table side into title challengers.

Im sure theres a real life lesson in there somewhere

Yeah, probably!  I still need to decide if I'll sell Lovren or keep him until the next transfer window.  I've already shipped Klavan out and still have Matip and Gomez who can deputise if Laporte or Van Dijk are out.  I managed to sneak into the Champions League group stage on away goals and got the deathiest group of death ever with Juventus, PSG, and RB Leipzig!

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I lost the first leg of the Canadian Championship Semi-Final away to Toronto 2-1. I thought if I can snatch the first goal in the home leg I can maybe shitfest an away goal win.

Reveal hidden contents

5a202c5b7da66_ScreenShot2017-11-30at16_04_36.thumb.png.a1bb16e7908e096612d04f62157d6fe6.png

And that's at Half Time! Absolute scenes!!!

Toronto scored two goals in the second half which made me shite it a wee bit because they only needed to score one more goal to put us out but we held on. :thumsup2

After someone mentioning that the pyramid doesn't allow you to get promoted from the bottom I sacked the Rosyth game.

Wasn't sure what to do next so started a game as a "create a club" function, replaced Leith at the bottom tier and hoping that Dunfermline Town will one day be Scottish champions.

Starting off with 10 season ticket holders...

13 hours ago, The Ginger Prince said:

5a2069500c811_ScreenShot2017-11-30at20_24_34.thumb.png.f175a26eaaa1ab13fd8681ab15288afd.png

What a strike force they've been. Involved in 81 goals between the pair of them and it's only February.

Still raging that Coulibaly isn't in my game. A Coulibaly/Isma partnership would've been one for the ages :( 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I signed Freddy Adu for Vancouver to give him an opportunity to kickstart his ailing career.

I shouldnt have bothered, he's garbage and can't get into my team.

I signed him for Stranraer in FM 2017 and he wasn't that great at the Scottish League 1 level either lol

How good is the app version for iPhone/iPad etc on this? Does it include the same content as the PC/laptop version? I don't have a laptop or PC, just the two mentioned at the start.

45 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He is the new Pele though.

On a serious note, Adu is why I cringe whenever the media starts hyping teenagers like they did with Freddy Adu (or Islam Feruz for that matter).  These kids usually can't handle the spotlight and once people (usually parents, family, or other such hangers on) get dollar or pound signs in their eyes they can get burnt out.  I'm worried about Karamoko Dembele, he seems to have a lot of natural talent but the media needs to let him be a kid and play football without these distractions

Tried to sign Patrick Roberts for free on 23k a week (lol). He wanted 45k a week... A few days later he goes to Celtic on 18k a week. The logic escapes me and I stil feel my side a little weak and will struggle in the Premiership. Lost 3 out of the 4 opening games. 3 defeats on the bounce after smashing Partick at home in the first game.

5 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Tried to sign Patrick Roberts for free on 23k a week (lol). He wanted 45k a week... A few days later he goes to Celtic on 18k a week. The logic escapes me and I stil feel my side a little weak and will struggle in the Premiership. Lost 3 out of the 4 opening games. 3 defeats on the bounce after smashing Partick at home in the first game.

Club reputation probably.  Celtic will have a higher reputation rating meaning that players will be willing to play for them for less. 

4 hours ago, Moo said:

How good is the app version for iPhone/iPad etc on this? Does it include the same content as the PC/laptop version? I don't have a laptop or PC, just the two mentioned at the start.

I play it on android and find it good enough for the price (£9). Its not as detailed as the PC version but has all the basics apart from team talks. 

Haven't played the PC version for years but the mobile version seems easier from what I remember of the PC version. 

Archived