Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Dropped some points in the league recently. Lost at home to Celtic, drew at home with Rangers and drew away at Partick Thistle. The Thistle game finished finished 5-5. The game went like this; 1-0 down, 4-1 up; 5-4 down, 5-5 draw. Doolan and Lawless are so OP it's ridiculous. Managed to beat Hibs at Easter road, Hamilton at NDP in the league and also won the league cup after beating Thistle 2-0 in the semi final and then Hamilton 2-0 in the final. Peter Grant (who has now displaced Steven Anderson at centre back) has scored 2 goals for me so far  - the openers in those games. Still sitting second in the league, but 5 points behind Celtic who look imperious.

Isma is now up to 12 goals after a slow start to the season. Millen Baars has continued to perform well - up to 7 goals now - and Kazihiah Sterling has been a relevation. He's got 11 goals in 19 matches so far. I extended his contract with a 4.2 million release clause thinking I was being smart. His value has sky rocketed to £6 million and the media are now constantly questioning whether I'm concerned  that his release clause is much lower than his market value :rolleyes:. When he's open to discussing a new contract, I'll either have to get that clause removed or increased ASAP.

Edit: Another player I'd recommend for anyone managing in Scotland is Callum Connolly on loan from Everton. He's been great for me and I'm not having to pay any of his wages. He's out of contract in 2019 so will attempt to get him permanently in January.

Edited by Kyle

50 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The Thistle game finished finished 5-5. The game went like this; 1-0 down, 4-1 up; 5-4 down, 5-5 draw. Doolan and Lawless are so OP it's ridiculous. Managed to beat Hibs at Easter road, Hamilton at NDP in the league and also won the league

Had the same result against Rangers. 4-0 down at 55 minutes, pulled it back to 4-2, before they made it 5-2, and then scored three in the last ten minute to nick the draw. Some stupidly high scoring games in this. 

Started playing this last night. Quite like the new changes, freshened it up a bit but I’m not a big fan of the new way to search for signings. Bit shite as it use to be one of my favourite things to do was to sit for ages looking at the free agents trying to find a gem. Maybe you can still do that but haven’t got the hang of it yet.

Decided to move away from turning Falkirk into a European force this year and have decided to go Leyton Orient.7 wins and 1 loss so far has me top of the Conference and it’s all been a bit easy so far probably due three quarters of the league being diddies. Signed up Billy O’brien and John Herron who have been decent signings as well as my star signing Barry Corr who’s got 9 goals in 5 games so far.

Going to try and move about as well this year instead of staying with the one team so let’s see where this save takes me.

Got by Lokomotiv moscow with a 1-1 draw away and 0-0 draw at home. Young boys next and won 2-0 home and lost 3-1 away Through on away goals. 

Group stage Europa league, Galatasaray, Apoel nicosia and anderlecht, nice while it lasted.

Oot the league cup on pens to partick but midtable in league after beating the dons 5-2.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Started playing this last night. Quite like the new changes, freshened it up a bit but I’m not a big fan of the new way to search for signings. Bit shite as it use to be one of my favourite things to do was to sit for ages looking at the free agents trying to find a gem. Maybe you can still do that but haven’t got the hang of it yet.

You still can sift through players, you just need to dig to find the function.  From the scouting main page go to the "Players" option and choose "Player Search from the drop down menu

image.png.1325983219726466af908b259468cd1d.png

And from there click on "Edit Search" at the top left and choose the advanced function to get the old menu where you can filter by a number of variables

image.png.d73ea2a40d7b74fde519ca05faadd037.png

You still can sift through players, you just need to dig to find the function.  From the scouting main page go to the "Players" option and choose "Player Search from the drop down menu
image.png.1325983219726466af908b259468cd1d.png
And from there click on "Edit Search" at the top left and choose the advanced function to get the old menu where you can filter by a number of variables
image.png.d73ea2a40d7b74fde519ca05faadd037.png

What a champ! Cheers

Just finished season 2022/23 and won the treble again this season. 

Won 10 cups and 6 leagues.  

Spent a total of £310 million on 58 players but received £447 million for 62.  

I have a first pick for Argentina at centre back 22 year old who I picked up for £5 million who will sell for a packet further down the line. Got Moussa Dembele on a cut price deal for £18 million. He managed 14 in 18 games but got a gem of a regen 16 year old and scored 26 in 35. Man Utd bid £5 million in January before he kicked a ball for the first team but gave him a decent contract and he started or came on as a sub in every game from there on and did the business.  

I dont know if it's because I chose an easy first job or not but I'm absolutely loving the new game. Want to try and do 25/30 in a row and win the champions league after coming so close. Turned down Arsenal, Spurs, Southampton and Stoke so far but would take a top international job alongside Celtic. 

Eta I counted the regens goals in the development league in that but his record is still almost one a game. 

Edited by Broony88

It's March 1, here is the state of play so far

My results since December have been pretty excellent all things considered, although I got knocked out of the Europa League first knockout round.  

image.thumb.png.f599965111feecf68980c11f54cfc799.png

image.png.7be655eb9e7439f1ec8032cb2a91def9.png

Of my January Signings, Itumeleng Khune has been excellent, a great bargain that you should really look into, teenage regen Craig Soutar has scored 10 goals in 10 appearances for me, only 5 of those apps being starts while Phil Jones is constantly injured, he hasn't even played at Celtic Park yet and he's been with me for 2 months!  

54 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I cannot get a striker to sign for us at all. At least we have Serge Gnabry & Rony Lopes on the wings. Last season we had 5.1k season ticket holders. Despite finishing 3rd in our first Premiership season it's gone down to 4.4k this season....

Chairman suddenly announces 6083 as the final season ticket count, fair enough.

Board reminding me that they want us to get into the group stage of Europa League. Wish I could but I've been drawn against Lazio in qualifying after destroying Malmo. Lazio have a brilliant team at this stage! 

Sounds like a number of my boards in the past. FA Cup with a League 1 side away game v Arsenal and board remind me that I need to win to meet the expectations for the tournament

Don't ever change Rangers.  I'm 2-0 down at home and concede a pelanty.  Khune saves Tavernier's penalty, we go up the park and Soutar scores, two minutes later Christie equalizes and the cherry on top was Tierney's absolutely brilliant strike to win it.  I'm no 11 points clear with 6 games to play

Here we go Terry Munro!

image.png.65257c810d81994133df5ae8aa92db46.png

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Dat team :lol: 

Signed a goalie called Berke Ozer for Hibs a few seasons in. Have a look for him, was very solid in my game. 

Managed to offload my dead weights (like 6 or 7 players) and brought in Joe Hart & Danny Rose for free on Deadline Day as well. Transfer values in Scotland are quite high at this stage on my save. I don't think we'll ever go bust, all I need to do is sell one of my big names at the start of each season and that's me sorted financially. 

Just got offered the Celtic job out of nowhere and was really confused, only to find out BR took the Arsenal job. I also saw that Chelsea have won 5 Premier League titles in a row. According to the History, City haven't even made top 3 in any season on this save.