Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Won two consecutive league titles with Aberdeen, and reached the last 16 of the Europa League. Can’t take them much further, so I left while my stock is high and took over at Newcastle which seems like a good challenge.

If you can ever get Eddie Nketiah on loan then you have to, and play him as an Advanced Forward

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Did you ride his wife or something?

I wish, all I done was ruin his club. Lost about 17 out of 20 games and got them 3 points adrift at the bottom of the table.

Was nothing but nice to them in the little interviews afterwards because I'm classy as f**k, but I hope the next time I play them I hammer them by about 8, not that I'm bitter or anything. 

Somehow managed to get the Raith job almost immediately, they're 4th in League 1 with 4 games to go, f**k knows what they're doing hiring a diddy like me. 

They've actually got a half decent squad so hopefully I can get them promoted. Just won the first game 4-3 against East Fife, long live the Raith juggernaut. 

Edited by LiviLion

Managed to shock Real Madrid with Celtic in the champions league round of 16, lost the first leg away 3-1 but won 4-1 at parkhead in extra time thanks to a Leigh Griffiths 119th minute penalty!  In the Quarter Final I have drawn Atletico Madrid, drew the first leg away 1-1 after conceding a goal that at first had me absolutely raging.  If you look at the screenshot below this is where all the Atletico players were and I thought it was offside 150% but on slow motion replay the ball had deflected off my own defender before bouncing to one of the offside Atletico players.  Griffiths equalized and then I parked the bus playing the last 40 minutes as a 5-4-1

Notoffside.PNG

Edited by senorsoupe

First season finished. 1 point behind winners Celtic. Quite gutted tbh.

Boyle, Murray & Coulibaly all won end of season awards.

Got Moult, Morgan (compensation), Liam Henderson, Bain & Humphreys (Man City cb) on free transfers and taken Rhian Brewster on loan.

4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

not surprising, griffiths is a cheat code striker in this, Sign Doolan to replace him though and you won't notice any difference. ;)

I decided to spend the Griffiths money on Alexander Isak from Borussia Dortmund.  So far the 26 mil on an 18 year old stiker has gone OK, 4 goals in 2 Champions League qualifiers. 

Ditching some of the rubbish players is getting tricky though.  As it turns out nobody wants Nadir Ciftci, Scott Allan, and Dedryck Boyata permanently.  At least I was able to make a profit on my mistake depth Left Back Craig Forsyth but only got 350,000 for Eboue Kouassi

First season complete with Killie. 

Finished 3rd on 60 odd points ahead of Aberdeen Hamilton and St johnstone. Celtic won the title by 7 points from Rangers. Brophy and Erwin had 32 goals between them. Brophy joint top scorer in league but lost the award to dembele coz he played less games. Pile of pish.

Released several auldies and a  bunch of youth players, Boydy now a coach.

Just signed Liam Henderson on a free in the following pre-season, lowish wage for good ability and potential. Need a keeper as Jamie Macdonald spat the dummy and need come CB cover. Tried to get Danny Wilson but asking for the world

14 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I decided to spend the Griffiths money on Alexander Isak from Borussia Dortmund.  So far the 26 mil on an 18 year old stiker has gone OK, 4 goals in 2 Champions League qualifiers. 

Ditching some of the rubbish players is getting tricky though.  As it turns out nobody wants Nadir Ciftci, Scott Allan, and Dedryck Boyata permanently.  At least I was able to make a profit on my mistake depth Left Back Craig Forsyth but only got 350,000 for Eboue Kouassi

I sold Dembele for £22.5 (release clause met by Man Utd) at end of the third season. He had just score 62 goals in 54 appearances. Signed Florin Andone and Josh King ( already had Kevin Lasagna). Do everything you can to sign Allan Saint-Maximan. Almost single handedly won me the Europa league last year and I'm 3-0 up after the second leg of the Champions league semi final against Man City. Away leg will be tough but I haven't not scored in any game and if I lose 5-1 then I deserve to go out. My team is a bit unrealistic for Celtic as Renato Sanches can't get a game. 

IMG_2529.JPG

2 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

I sold Dembele for £22.5 (release clause met by Man Utd) at end of the third season. He had just score 62 goals in 54 appearances. Signed Florin Andone and Josh King ( already had Kevin Lasagna). Do everything you can to sign Allan Saint-Maximan. Almost single handedly won me the Europa league last year and I'm 3-0 up after the second leg of the Champions league semi final against Man City. Away leg will be tough but I haven't not scored in any game and if I lose 5-1 then I deserve to go out. My team is a bit unrealistic for Celtic as Renato Sanches can't get a game. 

IMG_2529.JPG

What season is your screen pic from?  You have no current Celtic players apart from Tierney lol!  Only similarities to my team are Tierney and John McGinn although I am in the process of signing Smalling as well, Man Utd transfer listed him for 10.5 Million and I just sold Sviatchenko to Southampton for 10 Million.  

3 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Also surprised how little interest there has been in Tierney. Although I thought he was gone for £28 million at the end  the first season but he turned down the contract offer from Spurs and Arsenal. 

I have kept Tierney so far, was able to fend off Liverpool on the January 2018 deadline day and gave him a new contract and haven't had an offer so far this transfer window, although it's still August.  I was also able to sell Boyata to Aston Villa and shipped Lustig to Wolves.  Still stuck with Scott Allan and Ciftci, tried to offer the latter mutual termination of his contract but that went over poorly with the Turkish "striker" lol

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

What season is your screen pic from?  You have no current Celtic players apart from Tierney lol!  Only similarities to my team are Tierney and John McGinn although I am in the process of signing Smalling as well, Man Utd transfer listed him for 10.5 Million and I just sold Sviatchenko to Southampton for 10 Million.  

8th May 2021. Here's the current table. 

Eta I conceded 3 of those 16 away to Dunfermline just a couple weeks ago. 

image.jpg

Edited by Broony88