Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

30 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Tony Watt and Scott Bain in the Scotland team?  And I thought Strachan's choices were bad

Watt is currently playing up front for Basel with Van Wolfswinkel. Not a bad gig for him at all. Whereas Bain is the backup goalkeeper for Rangers :lol:

Went from 1 defeat in 10 games to 4 on the bounce and not a single goal in the process, safe to say our form's gone down the toilet slipping from 1st to 5th. Think I've lost the dressing room, couple players moaning about first team football and had a disaster of a team meeting before the Queens Park game. Need January to hurry up so I can get these new players in and hopefully avoid the sack :lol:

FSFlEAa.jpg

Just played the game against Annan there and WE FINALLY SCORED A GOAL!!!! 2 late consolations in a 4-2 defeat, but baby steps and all that. 

Edited by LiviLion

Funny that Brendan Rodgers won the league at an absolute canter for Celtic in season one and two. He then moved on to PSG and Celtic replaced him Frank De Boer who led them to 6th before getting the punt just after Xmas. 

The Frank de Boer effect is very, very real. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Funny that Brendan Rodgers won the league at an absolute canter for Celtic in season one and two. He then moved on to PSG and Celtic replaced him Frank De Boer who led them to 6th before getting the punt just after Xmas. 

The Frank de Boer effect is very, very real. 

Lol in a FM2017 game he took over Rangers in Season 2018-19 and was sacked with them in 9th, they ended up finishing 8th that season

Got bored of Liverpool fairly quickly lol, Mane got injured and I could no longer score goals so I have switched back to my Celtic save and have been absolutely flying once Scott Brown returned from injury.  I also did some wheeling and dealing picking up right back Omar Elabdellaui from Olympiakos for 2 million (he's been class) and triggered John Souttar's release clause of 4.2M to replace Jozo Simunovic who I though I had a deal to send him to Swansea for 4M plus add-ons but the deal collapsed.  I then tried to dump Boyata (who had been shite) but nobody would take him permanently so I sent him on loan to Brighton.  Also ditched Nir Biton (he went to Maccabi Tel-Aviv) and got close to 10 Million from Stoke for Tom Rogic.  

Summer will be to get rid of Jonny Hayes (I have Lewis Morgan coming from St. Mirren, bought him with a loan-back for the year) and see if I can get someone to take Ronny Deila's remaining misfits (Scott Allan and Nadir Cifcti) permanently, but before that I have a round of 16 Champions League tie with Real Madrid to lose.

Scottish Prem table has been interesting, 26 games played and the top 3 are Celtic, Rangers, St. Johnstone, and Partick Thistle.  Kilmarnock are well adrift at the bottom (I recently pumped them 7-0 at Rugby Park) while Hearts are in danger of the relegation playoff place

Edited by senorsoupe

19 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Just drew 1-1 away at bottom of the league Hearts. I feel dirty. Jon Daly got the sack hours later. What a terrible team they have right now.

In FM2017 Hearts were quite excellent and actually pipped my injury plagued Celtic team for the title one year.  In FM2018 they are really poorly rated, across all of my saves they have been rated as being mid-table (6th, 7th, 7th, and currently 9th in my Celtic game)

16 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

In FM2017 Hearts were quite excellent and actually pipped my injury plagued Celtic team for the title one year.  In FM2018 they are really poorly rated, across all of my saves they have been rated as being mid-table (6th, 7th, 7th, and currently 9th in my Celtic game)

Here we go again...

image.thumb.png.94f79500b222a5aebe8001c1bfe70419.png

8 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I might make my current save one were I manage in random countries that I would not otherwise have chosen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I hear Belgium is an interesting league to play because of the convoluted rules!  Other than that maybe Hungary?  Budapest is a lovely city