Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

I still have him and I'm just starting my 3rd season in the Championship. I'm tempted to play him up top on his own as when I've used him in a two up top he tends to become an assist man.

He played as part of a two with Dunfermline on my Saints game, him and Declan McManus up front. McManus hit double figures aswell that season.

I've managed to reduce the gap at the top to 6. Should be 4 - Celtic lost a match the same weekend that I conceded a last minute equaliser against Hibs, and eventually drew 2-2. I have made it through to the semi final in the Scottish cup with Rangers the opponents.

Isma finally  signed a  new long term contract until 2022 on £3600 a week. An increase on what he was on, but much less than the £5k he was asking for. His value has trebled in less than a season though, and he's scored 23 goals in all competitions, so definitely a worthwhile extension. Shaughnessy and Morgan have also signed new deals taking them to the summer of 2022. I'm bracing myself for a tumultuous summer as I imagine there will be plenty of interest in my best players.

On the pre-contract front, I've signed Jamie Lindsay from Celtic to compete with Davidson/McTominay/Craig next season. I'm almost certainly losing Liam Henderson (who has just signed a long term deal with Celtic) and Hansson seems much more effective in behind the striker or off the left wing. I've also signed a Spanish centre half called German who looks like providing decent competition for Anderson/Shaughnessy. He's 31 so older than I would have ideally liked, but it takes the pressure off the defence a bit and may allow me to shift Shaughnessy to the right. Still looking for a goalkeeper, full back cover and a striker. I might try and sign a right winger too, but that'll depend on departures.

I've made a big statement in getting rid of 3 of the highest influences at the club. Murdoch, Higgy & Clark out the door. Higgy had missed training twice and the fines didn't seem to bother him at all so I'm not having him stink out my club. Murdoch seemed a bit upset that he didn't get his move to America, so he's now at Dundee United. Clark has gone to St Johnstone for 85k and we've parted on good terms and says that I've helped improve his game, so wishing him all the best.

Just checked the attendances from last season, looks like we had 2 Scottish Cup sell outs vs Falkirk & Rangers. Then just over 10k in attendance vs Hamilton in the playoff final. Not bad at all, the standard league attendances look like they've slightly increased but not by much. Would love to get into the Premiership to get EEP full again.

20 hours ago, Kyle said:

I've set a few players for release in the summer also. Keith Watson, Alan Mannus and Matty Fryatt the notable ones, with a few youngsters and loan players (Hopper, Demetri Mitchell and my winger from Bari) also departing to make room for a few new signings in the summer.

Matty Fryatt, there is a name from my Football Manager past!  I remember having a Leicester save in FM2007 and Fryatt scored a shedload of goals for me.

He ALWAYS scored against me in FM17, and I mean ALWAYS. I don't think I ever had a game against a team with him in it were he did not score. I grew to despise his face.

My Smith up front idea has been abandoned as it got us 2 out of the opening 12 points. I bring Reilly in the next game to join him up front and we win 3-0 with Reilly getting PoM.

My Academy game is clipping along, I won the East of Scotland league and then beat Threave Rovers 6-1 on aggregate to secure promotion to the lowland league.  Unfortunately this has meant that some of my players are attracting attention so I have had to let them go, my no-nonsense Scott Brown-esque ball winning midfielder went to Sunderland while my star Left Winger joined Falkirk.  I have some academy products ready to fill the roles (especially in midfield) but I have been forced to try to sign some young players to compensate.  I have already snapped up a 16 year old goalie from Cowdenbeath (payed the princely sum of 500 pounds for him) as well as a central defender, I have also offered a contract to another central defender and am looking for wide midfielders/wingers as I only have 1 senior RM and LM. 

55 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

The seethe on Deadline Day when I saw Falkirk had brought this p***k down to the Championship...

image.thumb.png.62ad4791d5a5946cdd357830d883f759.png

So they will get 5 amazing goals per season and bugger all the rest of the games

Edited by senorsoupe

27 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So they will get 5 amazing goals per season and bugger all the rest of the games

No doubt they'll all be against us. Rangers controversially signed free agent Scott Armstrong. His value shot right up to £15M. Armstrong, one of the key Scotland internationals that just drew 1-1 away to Estonia and lost 2-1 at home to Kosovo.... :lol:

Ended up staggering over the finish line after the split, with only 2 wins in my last six matches and being cuffed by both of the the old firm arse cheeks - 5-2 at home against Celtic (my first home defeat in any competition) and a 2-0 defeat against Rangers in the cup semi final. We did however manage to pick up very decent away points against Aberdeen (0-0) and Rangers (2-2 - we also missed a penalty). I had built up enough of a lead to still be 3 points ahead of Rangers (with a worse goal difference)going into the last weekend - we finished the season with a home game against Partick Thistle and they headed up to Aberdeen. Rangers scored in the first couple of minutes to put the pressure on, but we eventually ran out 3-0 winners, making Aberdeen's late equaliser academic. Yaldi - a 2nd place finish in my first season in charge. Goncalves got 28 league goals in the end which is a pretty excellent return.

In terms of transfers, no surprises on who moved on really. Mannus (who retired), Fryatt, Watson and a Norwegian guy brought in last summer all left at the end of their contracts with Hopper, Raphael Martinho and Mitchell departing after the conclusion of their loans. Hopper managed to get a run of games towards the end of the season because of an injury crisis which forced me to play 2 up top but failed to score any goals and Mitchell just couldn't displace Easton or Morgan on the left hand side. Kane has also been sold to Hamilton for £185k.

In terms  of signings, the blockbuster move so far has been extending Liam Henderson's loan for another season. He joins Hanssen and McTominay who had already agreed to longer loan periods earlier. I've signed Callum Connolly on loan from Everton (primarily a right back but can fill in at left back), Harry Tofolo on a permanent deal from Norwich (left back) and Kazaiah Sterling on a permanent deal from Spurs (primarily a striker but can play on either wing too). They join German and Jamie Lindsay. I still need a decent goalkeeper as either back up or to displace Zander Clark and possibly another player who can play up front. 

I can't see us getting second again next year. As much as the bulk of the squad is actually still in place,  the budget dictates that squad numbers are likely to be down on last year and I'll suffer much more if there's an injury crisis like there was in the season just past.

Got Solihull Moors into the National League, when I was meant to avoid relegation. First week in June we were subject to a takeover bid, so whilst all my non pro players left, I was unable to sign anybody. Had a squad of seven players, and got battered in my first four games, resulting in me losing my job. Two seasons down the shitter. Going to attempt one of the challenges now, possibly the youth player one.

Bought this first thing this morning and thought the easiest way to ease myself in was to take over at Man City. Sold Mangala and brought in Van Dijk and Dolberg for a combined £90 million. 

Team is ridiculously good and have 2/3 players for every position. Kompany would be sold but worried it might ruin the good team spirit. Wonder how not being in the match day squad will go though. 

So frustrating that Reilly is out for 3-4 months. Scout pops up the next day like you wanting Rooney? Emmm yeah sure, Rooney in the Scottish Championship :lol:

The only problem is I don't use AMC anymore. Might just stick him as a false 9 or something and let Smith, Forrest & Harry Wilson do all the running around him.  Just let him ping a shot from anywhere and he'll beat every goalkeeper in this league surely....

image.thumb.png.91a3744872966d4c824b0ba99a0e0915.png