The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Quick question T fans I'm out tonight in darkest englandshire, what' the closest thing to vitamin T will be going to a few brew house hipster type places.

Many will disagree but I'd say Carling, a much underestimated draught tipple imo, with a unique flavour that sets it apart from watery shite of Carlsberg, Heiniken and Fosters. If they're too hipster for Carling (shudder) I'd settle for a Punk IPA.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Many will disagree but I'd say Carling, a much underestimated draught tipple imo, with a unique flavour that sets it apart from watery shite of Carlsberg, Heiniken and Fosters. If they're too hipster for Carling (shudder) I'd settle for a Punk IPA.

Carling is utter shite.

Don't have to be a hipster to realise it.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Horrendous shout. Carling is abysmal stuff and all the ones you've noted are far superior to it, even though Fosters is shit.

2 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

The George Hotel in Inveraray is dishing out tremendous doses of vitamin T20180203_200829.jpg

Is that the place on the main street?

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Nice wee village. Always just been passing through on the way to Campbeltown though.

Excellent chippy if you ever stop. Also has a good wee place that does outstanding ice cream cones

Excellent chippy if you ever stop. Also has a good wee place that does outstanding ice cream cones

Yeah I know the places you mean. I have stopped there before but just for a bottle of water and a stretch of the legs. Helluva place to try get parked on a hot summer day though.

Been home for 2 of the last 3 weeks and have fairly hammered the old vitamin T for large parts of it.  Cheated myself last night and was drinking pints of Peroni instead and I feel awful today, where I was utterly smashing following the T sessions. Tells it’s own story.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

No T here but staying patriotic by guzzling Innis & Gunn. 

Probably my third favourite pint behind Tennents (obviously) and Heverlee. 

Anyway, had a few lastnight. Not loads, and not any Tennents. Tonight I will treat myself to the 2 cans of Tennents in the fridge to level me out just nicely.