The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Rugster said:
I thought they usually put the T in red that's all. You tennents mob are Touchy!

Maybe Philpy bought fake cans??

Nothing would surprise me with that one. 

On the subject of San Miguel, when abroad, should one drink the local lager? I would say a it's a definite yes. You don't want to be that guy who's paying €4 for a poorly poured pint of Tennents in a pub called the Highlander when there's a pint of local beer for €1. I see it as a cultural exchange, I'll try the local beer for a week (Dorada being a personal favourite) the same way I'd expect our European friends to indulge in the glorious T whilst visiting our shores rather than paying £4 for a pint of San Miguel or the likes.

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

On the subject of San Miguel, when abroad, should one drink the local lager? I would say a it's a definite yes. You don't want to be that guy who's paying €4 for a poorly poured pint of Tennents in a pub called the Highlander when there's a pint of local beer for €1. I see it as a cultural exchange, I'll try the local beer for a week (Dorada being a personal favourite) the same way I'd expect our European friends to indulge in the glorious T whilst visiting our shores rather than paying £4 for a pint of San Miguel or the likes.

I like San Miguel, but it hates me, I’m expecting a hoor of a heed in the morning. I can drink endless T and wake up fresh as a daisy. I agree though, when in Rome

Absolutely correct, Bert. It’s a wee holiday fling. Then you come home and get straight back in about T.

8 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

when in Rome

Drink Super T, it is fucking everywhere over there. 

San Miguel gives me the boak, always have a chunder if I have more than a couple pints of it. Rotten stuff.

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Have you lost the fuckin plot?!

Well, T has 20% less alcohol than San Miguel, which in these health conscious times is a good thing. If that makes me insane, so be it.

Well, T has 20% less alcohol than San Miguel, which in these health conscious times is a good thing. If that makes me insane, so be it.

So what you’re saying is drink Tennent’s?

Just now, NJ2 said:

So what you’re saying is drink Tennent’s?

If you want to do your liver a favour and wake up enjoying the sound of summer birds twittering, then yes. It's the nearest thing to an elixir offering eternal life that we have.

If you want to do your liver a favour and wake up enjoying the sound of summer birds twittering, then yes. It's the nearest thing to an elixir offering eternal life that we have.

And if that’s not reason enough then we’re all fucked

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Or less alcohol.

If I stick to T (or any cooking lager I suppose) I can tan it all night, find my happy place and not really suffer the next day. Generally remember everything and not too much of a fud the night before. If I go up a percent or so on the beer or move onto the vino, the wonderful world of drunk is a lot sorer the next morning. It depends where whimsy and my drinking compadres lead me, all part of life's great adventure. :cheers