The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You staying in Edinburgh tonight or do you get a train back down the seaside?

I staying up for the night, bairns and wife in bed  but f**k that 

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

So how come you get free wifi if you are drinking the big T?

Out of respect 

You know what I love about the T the most. I walked into that pub last night deed casual like, the three amigos in the corner had cranked the volume up to the max, so you could nae here yourself speak. There was a lassie serving, her heed through in between two pumps, cocked to the side, trying to hear his order,  while he was shouting in her lughole. As another lassie emerged from the darkness, our eyes met, she smiled at me as if she Kent what was coming. I just simply raised my finger in my left hand vertically, then crossed it with my finger from my right hand making a perfect T, no words required, she Kent alright as she swung roond to the appropriate tap. Name another drink you can order with no words needed ?? This is yet another reason it’s at the top of the drink chain 

Soon be the season for me to be Jolly. Heading home on Friday for the Christmas period and will spend large quantities of that time hammering back pints of T in a variety of outstanding and horrendous pubs across the Clydebank and Glasgow areas.

My mates dad runs a pub that was just sold by the brewery to a property development company. Initially he was worried they might turf him out but apparently they are only interested in the flats above. The result is, that he now rents the property directly from them with a free reign on what he can sell. A quick jaunt up the M74 to procure a new supplier, means there’s now a constant flow of Tennent’s lager.

20 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Wouldn't get excited about any of these but I would rate them as below:

1. Heineken

2. Amstel

3. Stella

4.Carlsberg

5.Tennents

6.Budweiser

7.Fosters

8.Carling

What about Kronenbourg 1664?  They sell this in some pubs in Lunnon near where the daughter stays. It seems Ok, and better than most other pish that is served up around there. 

Was it not originally made by S&N when the couldn't give away McEwan's Lager?

10 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

You know what I love about the T the most. I walked into that pub last night deed casual like, the three amigos in the corner had cranked the volume up to the max, so you could nae here yourself speak. There was a lassie serving, her heed through in between two pumps, cocked to the side, trying to hear his order,  while he was shouting in her lughole. As another lassie emerged from the darkness, our eyes met, she smiled at me as if she Kent what was coming. I just simply raised my finger in my left hand vertically, then crossed it with my finger from my right hand making a perfect T, no words required, she Kent alright as she swung roond to the appropriate tap. Name another drink you can order with no words needed ?? This is yet another reason it’s at the top of the drink chain 

I don't know why but I read this in the voice of somebody from Trainspotting. I was surprised that it all didn't kick off in your story, I was actually a bit disappointed.

I don't know why but I read this in the voice of somebody from Trainspotting. I was surprised that it all didn't kick off in your story, I was actually a bit disappointed.

“Dead casual like” had me reading it exactly as you were (I assume)

Not that anyone asked, but of the lagers you see in pubs, I'd go:

1. Estrella
  2. Innis and Gunn
  3. Heineken
  4. Poretti
  5. San Miguel
  6. Stella
  7. Tennents
  8. Budweiser
  9. Staropramen
  10. Fosters
  11. Kronenbourg 1664