The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

9 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I think T is decent, gentle, reliable. Wouldn't shout from the rooftops about it...

...were it not for the scoffing, guffawing c*nts who instantly pull a face about it, even though they've never tried it and are basing their opinions on what they think makes them better/classier/more acceptable to their c*nty social circle.

Fair pops to the guys who have actually tried it and don't like it, of course.

But because of the aforementioned c*nts, I feel the need to be a bit of a T activist. Drinking six of them tonight purely as a show of solidarity.

Who has never tried it? You'd be as well asking who hasn't tried breathing.

Last Saturday was on a piss up around London, anyway about to get a train home and the little shop in Victoria opposite the Ladbrokes was selling cans of the stuff. £5 for 4 which took the piss somewhat, but I bit the bullet and bought eight cans. 

First time I have ever seen it South of the border. 

On 28/12/2017 at 00:01, Gordopolis said:

I think T is decent, gentle, reliable. Wouldn't shout from the rooftops about it...

...were it not for the scoffing, guffawing c*nts who instantly pull a face about it, even though they've never tried it and are basing their opinions on what they think makes them better/classier/more acceptable to their c*nty social circle.

Fair pops to the guys who have actually tried it and don't like it, of course.

But because of the aforementioned c*nts, I feel the need to be a bit of a T activist. Drinking six of them tonight purely as a show of solidarity.

That goes on a lot on P & B.....

Anyhoo, I'll be firing into the vitamin T's latter as a either a post xmas tribute to baby Jebus or a pre hogmanay work up, not decided on the reason yet although the voices in my head are getting louder. :cheers

I was in the Citizen yesterday, so tried the tank stuff. A victory for style over substance and very little, if any, different from the regular stuff. The tanks look impressive though. It jogged my memory of the big ugly aluminium tanks that were delivered to the old man's pub I worked in years ago. Is it really something innovative or a tarted up way of delivering more at a time?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Tennents probably needs a gimmick unfortunately to win over all of the pretentious arseholes in this country who turn their nose up at it. Make it seem a bit artisan in a pub like Citizen and watch the same fannies queue up to pay more for it. 

Well done Tennents for exposing these Emperors new clothes type fannies. 

They will always try to increase market share, but I don't think they are being seriously harmed by any competition. It's only really in the big cities you get many alternatives.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I've got a great gimmick for Tennents.

Make it taste like proper fucking beer not chemically tasting mass produced shite.

Horses for courses, Tennents isn't a high end lager but its a decent 'cooking lager', personally 'king of the cooking lagers'. I've spent a lot more on pints that I've been disappointed in, some of the more high end/fashionable lagers just don't do it for me and after sampling them I've resorted to whatever brand of cooking lager the pub sells. That's even after a bucketful when the taste buds aren't even up to much. Whatever gets you to your happy place though.