Smacking Ban

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Who's talking about 'leathering' weans ? There's some very colourful language getting thrown around to justify outrage and name calling. :lol:

P & B, the home of reasoned debate.

Try battering your screen until you like what it tells you then. 

Just now, Gaz said:

So does a tap on the arse stop a child being a nightmare child 24/7?

I've already stated that I'm not into smacking, I never found anything that worked properly, there's a lot of crossing your fingers and hoping for the best involved when you're raising a nightmare child.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

I'm just killing time before taking the dugs out for a walk, I don't take this place as seriously as some. Enjoy your froth though mate.

Freudian slip, imho.

This has really taken a turn, I don't think anyone is advocating "leathering, battering, beating" a child.
I personally don't agree with physical chastisement, I do think however that this law is superfluous as the arseholes who abuse their children (already unlawful) won't take a blind bit of notice of this new legislation.

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm just killing time before taking the dugs out for a walk, I don't take this place as seriously as some. Enjoy your froth though mate.

Here's hoping they walk at the right pace, would be nice for them to get home safe.

2 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

The trick is to install an element of fear with your children, if they are already petrified of you then there’s no need to smack them as they’ll always fall in line. 

Drink helps with this, you're unpredictable keeps them guessing and on the back foot.

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

You're the only one on here whining about a lack of 'reasoned debate', so all the froth and seriousness lies with yourself. 

Just now, Brother Blades said:

This has really taken a turn, I don't think anyone is advocating "leathering, battering, beating" a child.
I personally don't agree with physical chastisement, I do think however that this law is superfluous as the arseholes who abuse their children (already unlawful) won't take a blind bit of notice of this new legislation.

The positive I can see from it is those numpties that hammer their kids arses in supermarkets for having a wee strop, might get a wee word in their ear from the police as someone might report it, when you're scudding them hard in public you definitely have lost the battle with your kid.

So far people who agree with smacking their kids have been branded Scumbags, Dinosaurs and Child abusers on this thread by the people apposed to smacking their children. 

If those against it were smacked more as children then they may of turned out a bit more respectful of other peoples opinions instead of resorting to insults. If they were smacked, do you think your parent is a scumbag or child abuser? 

All I know is that its worked for my kids as they are polite, respectful, loyal and most importantly safe.

I can remember my mum smacking me when I was younger, my dad never, instead all her had to do was raise his voice and it was enough for me to reel it in.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it tbh. Don't have kids, but the thought of skelping them for being inquisitive, not understanding to behave, or for acting out when it's inappropriate seems over the top.

I believe that other punishments (I.E. TV Ban, Toy ban, or groundings) to he more effective.

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

So far people who agree with smacking their kids have been branded Scumbags, Dinosaurs and Child abusers on this thread by the people apposed to smacking their children. 

If those against it were smacked more as children then they may of turned out a bit more respectful of other peoples opinions instead of resorting to insults. If they were smacked, do you think your parent is a scumbag or child abuser? 

All I know is that its worked for my kids as they are polite, respectful, loyal and most importantly safe.

Except that they weren't actually safe from the parent who smacked them as a child: try again. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Except that they weren't actually safe from the parent who smacked them as a child: try again. 

My kids are safe and I have never put them in danger or harms way. Its this black and white ignorant point of view that you have that makes me think that you were never smacked as a child.