St Mirren v Morton

2 hours ago, virginton said:

We put a lot of decent to good balls into the box on Saturday, but between shan runs and a few decent blocks we didn't get anything out of them. In fact, our goals scored from set-pieces have largely dried up since about the last quarter of last season: coinciding neatly with our form collapsing off a cliff-edge. There's probably a bit of reversion to the mean involved, after pretty much all of our goals were coming from corners or free-kicks at the start of the calendar year.

If this season's lot have all been saved for Saturday then that'd be fucking glorious though. 

One of our strongest areas last season was set pieces too and that's dried up a wee bit. Mainly thanks to Mallan's free-kicks and excellent deliveries no longer being an option.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if going to Paisley on Saturday thinking we are going to get beat is a good decision. We win? I'm ecstatic. We lose? I'll probably be slightly less annoyed.

I don't know why but I feel like our squad have a real lack of hunger, barring our comeback against the Pars. I don't expect anything from this team right now, and I'm sure a lot of fellow fans feel the exact same way.

12 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

What do you put that down to? Is it cumulative derby apathy, as people have hinted on here? I'd have thought, after what you did to us at your place, and the fact a win will leave you five points off us (basically sod-all), that you'd be bringing through at least 1,500.

(This isn't a crowdwank or a dig, I promise - just intrigued).

A win would leave us 4 points off....

It wont happen right enough

The Renfrewshire Cup seems to have been dropped as the teams are in the same division.

To suggest playing it is behind derby apathy is nonsense.

From a Morton point of view, the St Mirren game at Cappielow and the second half of the Dunfermline game apart, watching Morton has been a chore this season.

That’s more the reason that the away stand capacity won’t be tested on Saturday

Home form has been shit can't break teams down plus add effect of the  new ticketing system hence poor following Sat.

But I have been reasonably satisfied with away form so I will take the 15 min hike to the game with a hidden hope this just might be one of those Saturdays.

Anyway nothing to loose, we are neither getting promoted or relegated this season and as everyone is shite may sneak a playoff spot  and a few raw tackles will mean at least the boys are up for it and there will be great joy reading the blackandwhitearmy pages with a few sherbets on Saturday night.

9 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

there will be great joy reading the blackandwhitearmy pages with a few sherbets on Saturday night.

Fucking hell, even I don't read those any more.

(But, I can see that if it's an irrational St Mirren-themed meltdown you're after, there's probably nowhere better on the internet.)

11 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

I don't know if going to Paisley on Saturday thinking we are going to get beat is a good decision. We win? I'm ecstatic. We lose? I'll probably be slightly less annoyed.

I don't know why but I feel like our squad have a real lack of hunger, barring our comeback against the Pars. I don't expect anything from this team right now, and I'm sure a lot of fellow fans feel the exact same way.

You would think Morton will be well up for this game I'm sure Jim Duffy will be telling his players you beat St Mirren by 4 goals they will be wanting revenge we on our day can beat them again. I'm sure Morton will be up for this.

Fucking hell, even I don't read those any more.
(But, I can see that if it's an irrational St Mirren-themed meltdown you're after, there's probably nowhere better on the internet.)

Have you never visited GreenockMorton.org?

2 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Have you never visited GreenockMorton.org?

I actually haven't. Is it worth a look? 

Honestly, BAWA has become unbearable over the past few seasons. There are a few decent posters but far too much shite. I tend to prefer dry humour and there's not enough of that, either. I only really use it for transfer rumours - that doesn't take long once you figure out who's in the know and who isn't.

A hard game to call from both sets of supporters. Most seem to think it will depend on what "team" will turn up on the day. 

Morton fans seem most pessimistic , but given St Mirren are top of the league and at home I suppose that's understandable.

For us, we have players that will cause problems if they perform on the day. Jai will trouble any defence in this league.  With Forbes and Harkins both have the potential to produce a moment of magic that could win a game.

We also have the threat of O'Ware at set pieces - albeit he hasn't been the threat this season as he was last season. 

Throw in the added equation of a referee who has been heavily criticized recently  and it makes for a very interesting game indeed 

Only outcome I'll predict is it won't be a 0-0 game 

It’s not the sole reason, but to suggest the Remfrewshire Cup didn’t diminish interest in the rivalry is naive. I enjoyed them for the most part, but I wonder what the gates for the derbies back in 15/16 would’ve been if we’d only met in the actual cups before.

24 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It’s not the sole reason, but to suggest the Remfrewshire Cup didn’t diminish interest in the rivalry is naive. I enjoyed them for the most part, but I wonder what the gates for the derbies back in 15/16 would’ve been if we’d only met in the actual cups before.

Decent chance of meeting in the playoffs this season, I reckon. That would be mad. I'd love to see it happen. I'd hate to lose.

6 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

You would think Morton will be well up for this game I'm sure Jim Duffy will be telling his players you beat St Mirren by 4 goals they will be wanting revenge we on our day can beat them again. I'm sure Morton will be up for this.

When was that?

Archived