St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at the odds (Bet365): Saints at evens; Morton at 14/5.

Even allowing for our league position, and Morton's record at our ground, those look slightly off to me.

11/4 on St Mirren with a winning margin of 1 looks a very good bet, mind.

17 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Slowly, under 1000 will be there on the day I'd imagine. It could have been advertised a lot better on our end as usual

What do you put that down to? Is it cumulative derby apathy, as people have hinted on here? I'd have thought, after what you did to us at your place, and the fact a win will leave you five points off us (basically sod-all), that you'd be bringing through at least 1,500.

(This isn't a crowdwank or a dig, I promise - just intrigued).

23 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

What do you put that down to? Is it cumulative derby apathy, as people have hinted on here? I'd have thought, after what you did to us at your place, and the fact a win will leave you five points off us (basically sod-all), that you'd be bringing through at least 1,500.

It's a struggle to get 1500 at home, the whole turnstile farce, an aging fanbase and just general apathy to the team all contribute. @Dunning1874 and VT have posted cracking posts on .org about this. In a much more factual and articulate way than me

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Apathy.

We’ve won four league games since March, and whilst the two home wins were pretty spectacular, pretty much everything else this season has been mundane at best.

It strikes me that most of us are seeing exactly what we expected after last season’s late slump- after a good season, we revert to type and this term will be like the 4-5 between 2008-12ish that seemed to merge into one.

I’d doubt anyone expects this season to go like the season that followed our last strong one in this division, but kicking about in 6th-7th place and showing a regression isn’t going to get folk out of the pubs to go to games, especially when the last two home games accrued one point against a rancid Falkirk and an ordinary Dumbarton team.

Morton have too much history of failing to strike whilst the iron’s hot. It’s little surprise that there’s so little faith from the floating supporter.

45 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The Renfrewshire cup diluted the rivalry quite a bit over the years.

Shocked we haven't had a near capacity game in Paisley since we came down but we might see that this season if we are still near the top with a few games to go.

Last home game is a derby, 21st April I believe. That could be the one if we stay at the right end of the table.

What we did to you at our place, was put in the only credible full 90 minute performance we have done so far this season.

The rest has ranged from lacklustre to abysmal.

Always look forward to derby day i expect a nervy nervy 90 mins.  Our back line will always give teams chance although we've had two clean sheets recently which is a bonus.  game could go either way and with the ref appointment that should give plenty for either sets of fans to shift the blame lol

6 hours ago, Finch road said:

It's a struggle to get 1500 at home, the whole turnstile farce, an aging fanbase and just general apathy to the team all contribute. @Dunning1874 and VT have posted cracking posts on .org about this. In a much more factual and articulate way than me

Bloody hell finch you are coming accross as quite a sensible person.  Good thing is you guys can get a few drinks in Greenock get the train right to the stadium thats got to be a positive. Wont mention the journey back to Greenock as we know you will be on a downer :P

We put a lot of decent to good balls into the box on Saturday, but between shan runs and a few decent blocks we didn't get anything out of them. In fact, our goals scored from set-pieces have largely dried up since about the last quarter of last season: coinciding neatly with our form collapsing off a cliff-edge. There's probably a bit of reversion to the mean involved, after pretty much all of our goals were coming from corners or free-kicks at the start of the calendar year.

If this season's lot have all been saved for Saturday then that'd be fucking glorious though. 

The Renfrewshire cup diluted the rivalry quite a bit over the years.

Shocked we haven't had a near capacity game in Paisley since we came down but we might see that this season if we are still near the top with a few games to go.

Does anyone know what's become of the Renfrewshire cup? Not seen it contested for in the last couple of years, not in the seniors anyway.

Archived