Queens v Falkirk

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Worse teams than us will not concede four goals to QoS home and away.

Frankly, getting more and more concerned that people think it will all be ok in the end. We started this season off thinking we could win the league FFS.

I thought that performance lacked any heart whatsoever and our defending was powderpuff not just for the first 20 minutes, but throughout.

In the last few weeks most of us have been discussing Grant’s loss of form but apparently we only lost four goals today because he was missing?

Also, one win in 10 games and struggling to score goals does not suggest that our prospects this season are great. Hartley may change things in the New Year but we really need a win or two sooner.

Even bookmakers now believe we will be in the bottom three.

At the moment if we end up in the relegation playoffs I would not fancy our chances against Raith or Ayr.

What we need most right now is some on the park leadership and I don’t see where that’s coming from just now.

Spot on. At least someone knows what they are watching.

Second bottom of the league, one win in eleven games, no home league win since 1st April, a ludicrously imbalanced squad, devoid of leadership and full of dross and utter wage thieves.

Brechin apart, and it's pushing it even to make a case that they are much worse than us, I do not see a poorer side in the league, so this notion that we are somehow in a false position is laughable.

Predictable that the knicker wetting jibes are coming from the usual clowns and clappers, one in particular who was w*****king himself silly on the back of a couple of wins over pub teams in the league cup. Stick to dreaming about Lee Miller.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We are shite but won't finish in the bottom three.

I didn't think we'd win the league, and it's hilarious that so many of our fans did after beating Renford Rejects and some other pish in the summer.

What we're seeing here is the after effects of Houston being given two months longer than he should have been. Thanks, happy clappers!

COYB,in Houstie we trust,Houstie must go.

The thing is, I had hoped that we would get a bounce in performance with a new man coming in. Instead we got run ragged by Inverness at home and managed to nick a point.

Today’s performance was no better, indeed worse than under a Houstie. In fact it was very similar to the Dunfermline game. Give away two cheap goals, produce a mini revival in the last five minutes then concede another.

The only time we got any sense of a revival of form was under Smith! SInce then we have not looked much better than we were a few weeks back.

28 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

In fairness, Hartley is only just in the door so it is a bit early for some Falkirk fans to soil their pants.

I am sure McIntyre had us in a similar position in the October of his first season. In fact I am sure we were 8th or 9th at Christmas but still reached the play-offs. 

Dont think we were ever 9th. We were 8th at the end of November though.

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The thing is, I had hoped that we would get a bounce in performance with a new man coming in. Instead we got run ragged by Inverness at home and managed to nick a point.

This works when you have a decent squad and replace a shite manager.

It doesn't work when you have a shite squad and replace a shite manager.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am still not worried in terms of relegation battle. I am now about 2 defeats away from totally writing off the season though.

Jeeeeeeeezzzooo. There are still some folk who don't yet think this season is a total write-off?

This works when you have a decent squad and replace a shite manager.
It doesn't work when you have a shite squad and replace a shite manager.

I don’t think we have a completely shite squad though.

What concerns me is that Austin, Hippolyte as just two examples, have not improved the team under Hartley.

Most of us thought we had a decent squad, but it was Houstie tactics in the middle of the park that prevented pretty much the same squad from winning the league last season.

Seems hard to believe that the whole squad now lacks any real quality this season.

Some changes are definitely needed, but we should not really be needing to discuss a completely new squad post Xmas.

7 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Great result and performance by the mighty South today. Made so much sweeter tonight after listening to this clem’s post match interview......get it rite up ye Muirheid emoji109.pngemoji97.png
By the way, does he suffer from a tourette’s type tic?!

To use the term "with all due respect :lol:" that is great stuff.

Some thoughts after watching the highlights:

Still don’t think Thomson is to blame for the first goal. However the second goal was pathetic. Is a bit harsh to suggest Gallacher could’ve got it off the line?

Craigens header was an absolute sitter about 6 yards out and headed it straight at the ‘keeper. Still no idea why Fash missed his chance either, if he jumps he scores.

Thomson’s attempt to keep out Brownlies header was absolutely pitiful. Alan Martin was really unlucky from the invisible mans free-kick Balatoni was standing right in front of him and tried to get a nick on it so he didn’t really have a chance. The ball in from Dunne was pure filth.

Again might be slightly harsh but maybe Thomson could’ve done better for the last goal not sure he really should be getting beat at his near post.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

No, he just turns up! I wish he'd start doing it against anyone else. He's only scored against Falkirk in the league this season.

I thot age and perhaps playing 40 odd games last season for the first time in 10 or so year ago had hit him, tho his goal scoring albeit against Lower league teams and only Falkirk is either worrying times for us or ?

I'm not gonna check but I'd be surprised has scored more goals than he has v Falkirk

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He was also unusually lively today.

I don't think I've ever seen him doing so much harassing of defenders before.  It's not usually a feature of his game at all, but this afternoon it was.

Brings back my theory, he hates us

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

To be fair it would seem Balatoni and Grant are our best with McGhee at LB

Gallacher is obviously either not a defender or not ready...but let's not forget McGhee preferred position is centre half......if his performance today was to prove he was a better centre half than left back.......he'd be playing left back on Saturday

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Worse teams than us will not concede four goals to QoS home and away.

Frankly, getting more and more concerned that people think it will all be ok in the end. We started this season off thinking we could win the league FFS.

I thought that performance lacked any heart whatsoever and our defending was powderpuff not just for the first 20 minutes, but throughout.

In the last few weeks most of us have been discussing Grant’s loss of form but apparently we only lost four goals today because he was missing?

Also, one win in 10 games and struggling to score goals does not suggest that our prospects this season are great. Hartley may change things in the New Year but we really need a win or two sooner.

Even bookmakers now believe we will be in the bottom three.

At the moment if we end up in the relegation playoffs I would not fancy our chances against Raith or Ayr.

What we need most right now is some on the park leadership and I don’t see where that’s coming from just now.

One game, yep 4-2 is probably correct on the basis of the game, I'm pretty sure the league winners this season will have a two goal defeat in Dumfries.

I agree we have far too many heartless players, I'm pretty sure they will be eradicated....

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

Jeeeeeeeezzzooo. There are still some folk who don't yet think this season is a total write-off?

Everyone is either drawing or getting beat above us, queens have described where they were afore finishing fourth in a league that was pretty much as of now, its by far a write off, just needs a major improvement

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think we have a completely shite squad though.

What concerns me is that Austin, Hippolyte as just two examples, have not improved the team under Hartley.

Most of us thought we had a decent squad, but it was Houstie tactics in the middle of the park that prevented pretty much the same squad from winning the league last season.

Seems hard to believe that the whole squad now lacks any real quality this season.

Some changes are definitely needed, but we should not really be needing to discuss a completely new squad post Xmas.

Hartley is only in the door, ffs give him time

On 10/27/2017 at 20:31, Bairnardo said:

You can have 10 Steven Dobbies up against our new defence and it won't fucking matter.

(Please don't anyone bookmark this)

Sorry, what?

6 hours ago, JessieField said:

You Falkirk boys were on the wrong side of the ground to hear Hartley going ballistic at Austin and Hippolyte in the first half. That's why neither appeared for the second half. I reckon both will be on the way out in January.

Not surprised, Austin was absolutely honking and Hippo did hee-haw on the right. I thought he'd hook Austin at half time and shift Hippo to the left though.

Not surprised, Austin was absolutely honking and Hippo did hee-haw on the right. I thought he'd hook Austin at half time and shift Hippo to the left though.

Thought it was pretty clear that Hippo was going nowhere down the wing and he needed to be moved into the middle with Craigen moving wide. Was surprised that we persisted with the same throughout the first half tbh.

Just watched the highlights there. Not quite sure why Thomson has been criticised for the first goal, the guy was backpedaling and had to change gears, even if it was only Dobbs I don't think he had any chance of getting there quick enough to clear. The defender takes the blame there in my book. The 2nd and 3rd are down to poor goalkeeping though. I don't think he had any reason to come out on the second. The 3rd is awful.

For our goals I'd like to see if we had a camera behind the goal. On FalkirkTV I saw it as Brownlie leaving it. I just wonder if he could have put his head in the way. The 2nd, Lyle is brushed off the ball too easily but Rooney is ball watching rather than keeping an eye on his man coming in at the back post.

I think it was palmy_cammy who said it and it's spot on: Dobbie must have got pissed off and decided the game was needing finished. Eased past the Falkirk players to set up Del. Vintage Dobbs (and Lyle!).

Cracking reaction save from Martin against Craigen but no idea how Austin missed his chance. If he extended his neck he'd surely have scored.

Archived