• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Martin

Fordyce Brownlie Kerr Mercer

Murray Rankin Jacobs Stirling

Dykes Dobbie

I'd assume that is our most likely line up?

Preview on official site suggests Stirling  is back training but won`t start today.

Maybe more likely that Dykes will be wide and Lyle up front with Dobbie?

Alternatively we might play Tapping on right and Murray on left.

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Preview on official site suggests Stirling  is back training but won`t start today.

Maybe more likely that Dykes will be wide and Lyle up front with Dobbie?

Alternatively we might play Tapping on right and Murray on left.

I didn't realise Stirling was injured.  Dykes out wide is a disaster waiting to happen, he simply doesn't know how to play the role.  I'm not even sure Murray is ready to start games for us, but he is thrown in due to being our only fit winger.  Even then, I'm sure it has been mentioned that isn't where he plays for the U20s.

We've spent that long fretting about our lack of options in the middle of the park, that it's slipped under the radar a bit just how poor our options are in the wide positions as well.

A return to the 4-3-3 of earlier in the season might be a better option.

Martin

Fordyce Brownlie Kerr Mercer

Tapping Jacobs Rankin

Dobbie

Dykes Lyle

As I said before when we used this formation, Rooney would be a better option than Fordyce so we at least have a bit of attacking threat out wide.

Fearing the worst about today to be honest.

If he has one of his good days it could be a long afternoon for Mercer. Hopefully he's hiding today.

Harris goes missing if someone puts a strong tackle in on him, I've watch about 10 games this season, I've seen him playing well for about 30 minutes in total. The thing is when he does play well he's unbelievably good.

8 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Harris goes missing if someone puts a strong tackle in on him, I've watch about 10 games this season, I've seen him playing well for about 30 minutes in total. The thing is when he does play well he's unbelievably good.

He's not changed since he was with us then.  Talented player, but an absolute pea-heart.

b0fc3c435a7dad0a25acd1b4f2961f19.jpg
Gallagher left back, mcghee right back and Aero in the middle?
Or Gallagher left back, mcghee in the middle and aero out right?
Or back 3 of mcghee, Ballatoni and aero with Gallagher and Dunne as wing backs?

obviously Gallacher left back, McGhee and Balatoni centre and Muirhead right back. Id guess Dunne starting on the right, the idea of Dunne and Gallacher on the left fills me with fear, two players ages combined is younger than Kerr.

Surprised to see Dunne starting, tho has been training all week with first team, good to see Loy on the bench.

Do queens have a tricky right winger ?

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Grant seems to be made a feckin chocolate. Defence had been rock solid too. Gallacher back gives me the fear .

hopefully the plus is Hartley and co on the bench will encourage and advise Gallacher constructively and not just let it happen like Houstie and co did

Archived