c***s on the road

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

The same effect happens to drivers on entering a supermarket/retail park car park. 

Are you one of those people that impatiently sits at my arse while I drive at a sensible speed around a busy car park?

Edited by eez-eh

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Probably rightly though.  

4 hours ago, Swarley said:

You don't think people should slow down in car parks? Given the number of pedestrians wandering around without paying attention and muppets just reversing out of spaces I'd say this is one place you should probably slow down a bit.

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Are you one of those people that impatiently sits at my arse while I drive at a sensible speed around a busy car park?

I'm talking about the twats who trickle round at 5mph, no matter how quiet or busy the car park is.

28 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I'm talking about the twats who trickle round at 5mph, no matter how quiet or busy the car park is.

Thought you might of have. Yes, agree there some twats who do drive far too slow around car parks. Usually those trying to find a spot as close to the shops as possible, even if it means blocking the road to anyone else.

Edited by Swarley
Official complaint

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't mind them, but I was behind a golf the other day that instead of the sweep across the two lights on the indicating side, it alternated between the two lights.

It just seemed stupid

Some of us are old enough to remember when (some) drivers only had hand signals to indicate their driving manoeuvres. 

It wasn’t until 1975 that candidates taking their driving test no longer had to demonstrate hand signals.

Surprisingly “w****r” was not included as it’s used more and more these days.

5 hours ago, Swarley said:

See also people slowing down for speed cameras. You can be happily driving along, everyone is at or below the speed limit then some twat slows down because they think they have to be 20 or 30km/hr under the actual speed limit and it causes everyone behind to slow right down as well.

When does that ever happen?

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

People parking their petrol/diesel car in electric car charging bays.

Knock a hole in their fuel tank, as they clearly don’t need it?

Bonus points if it’s by a smoking area.

Edited by TxRover

More like c***s on the pavement for this one. I'm in Glasgow city centre for a wee swatch at the cycling and are, as you'd expect, plenty of infuriatingly fit looking guys with their bikes about. The c***s are the ones who insist on trying to cycle through the crowds on the packed pavements.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Just this morning I nipped to the Coop near my house on the way to work.  It's a fairly decent sized car park and at half 7 on a Monday morning it's pretty deserted save for a couple of cars.  I parked in a space with plenty of spaces around me.  As I came out of the shop some stupid hoor was getting out of her 4x4 and there was literally about a foot between my driver door and her passenger door.

Me, as I walked towards her as she walked towards the shop 'Park any closer, like?'

'Sorry?'

'Could you park any closer?  It's not like you have the whole carpark to choose from is it?'

She then mumbled something and walked past me as I said loudly 'There's some fucking morons around here'

I wanted to key her car but the only thing stopping me was it would likely be on CCTV.  How fucking inattentive do you have to be to your surroundings for you to park next to a car when there was about 15 others spaces to choose from with no car near them, and then park so close that the driver struggles to open their door without whacking their car.  And no, I'm not clambering over from the passenger side.

Very mild example - was going out for a walk this morning and a woman in a Land Rover came down the street barely slowing for the speedbump and then doing a 180O where she clipped three curbs - I suppose if you live in town you've gotta make your own rugged terrain!

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Just this morning I nipped to the Coop near my house on the way to work.  It's a fairly decent sized car park and at half 7 on a Monday morning it's pretty deserted save for a couple of cars.  I parked in a space with plenty of spaces around me.  As I came out of the shop some stupid hoor was getting out of her 4x4 and there was literally about a foot between my driver door and her passenger door.

Me, as I walked towards her as she walked towards the shop 'Park any closer, like?'

'Sorry?'

'Could you park any closer?  It's not like you have the whole carpark to choose from is it?'

She then mumbled something and walked past me as I said loudly 'There's some fucking morons around here'

I wanted to key her car but the only thing stopping me was it would likely be on CCTV.  How fucking inattentive do you have to be to your surroundings for you to park next to a car when there was about 15 others spaces to choose from with no car near them, and then park so close that the driver struggles to open their door without whacking their car.  And no, I'm not clambering over from the passenger side.

A 4x4 driver who doesn't park bang in the middle of two spaces, or in a parent and child space right by the door when shopping solo? New species found. Cvnts one and all.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

'Sorry?'

Shame if, while squeezing into your car, your keys were hanging out of you pocket, eh?

I always get stuck behind the 40-mile-an-hourers-and-no-faster merchants. 40 miles an hour on the open road, and still 40 miles when in the 30 mph zone. Then down to 10 mph before a very late signal. 50/60 is perfectly adequate on that road in dry conditions on a clear day.

On the way home I got stuck behind a 35 mph on the open road doozy. No excuse for that sort of speed.

Also seen a lycra clad arsehole flying up the very busy pavement in Dunkeld today, if he'd hit someone he'd have done some damage at the speed he was going.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

Also seen a lycra clad arsehole flying up the very busy pavement in Dunkeld today, if he'd hit someone he'd have done some damage at the speed he was going.

I suppose if someone had hit him it would have done some damage too- say a pedestrian carrying a rolled up golf umbrella