Hamilton Academical v Partick Thistle

Just now, cilitbang said:

Correct. Imrie practically caught the ball yet Thistle didn't get a penalty

No denying that both imries hands made contact with the ball. Your manager stated in his interview he had put his hands up to protect his face , when the shot was struck Imrie did not move his hands towards the ball in an attempt to block the balls path goalwards, the referee interperated the incident as ball to hand / accidental hand ball which is not  punishable by the award of a penalty, it is your rights to disagree with the decision but strictly by the laws of the game the refs decision not to award a pen was due to his interpretation that the hand ball was not deliberate.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

When the shot was struck Imrie did not move his hands towards the ball in an attempt to block the balls path goalwards

So your argument is basically "it's not a penalty because Imrie is a pussy"

Being a pussy is not an excuse to deny a stone-wall penalty

13 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

So your argument is basically "it's not a penalty because Imrie is a pussy"

Being a pussy is not an excuse to deny a stone-wall penalty

My argument is that the referee interperated it as accidental hand ball accept it , if penalties were awarded for all infringments committed in the penalty areas 80% of corners would end in penalty awards due to defenders holding onto players jersey's etc etc, not all infringments are penalised by the award of penalties.

1 hour ago, professor challenger said:

Salmon may have given us something a bit different but who would be have replaced?

That’s exactly what me and my mates were saying last night. Sammon would have been a good sub to bring on but there wasn’t an obvious player to sacrifice. Doolan and Storey looked sharp and dangerous even in the final few minutes of the game and to take off Barton or Edwards would have been madness.

I had to laugh at the brainless fans scattered throughout the stand shouting “change it Archie”, “make a sub” and “do something”.

7 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

That’s exactly what me and my mates were saying last night. Sammon would have been a good sub to bring on but there wasn’t an obvious player to sacrifice. Doolan and Storey looked sharp and dangerous even in the final few minutes of the game and to take off Barton or Edwards would have been madness.

I had to laugh at the brainless fans scattered throughout the stand shouting “change it Archie”, “make a sub” and “do something”.

Football is all about opinions , but I didn't think Doolan was sharp at any point of the match last night never mind approaching the closing stages.Doolan at 70% of last seasons performances against us would have bagged a first half hat-trick against our defence , he seems totally devoid of confidence , bearing in mind your start to the season it's not hard to imagine why , but our defence last night looked as comfy as they have been all season, Storey's strength and pace caused us to have some anxious moments, I was thankful though it was he and not Doolan who was bearing down on our goal 1 on 1 with our keeper , Doolan would have stroked it beyond Woods imo whereas Storey with no composure blazed it over.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but Storey did everything right with that one on one.   Perfectly timed run, took the ball on his chest, let it drop and just as he was about to pull the trigger the ball took a ridiculous bounce off that bloody pitch causing  him to snatch at the shot.

As I said last night every Thistle player was exempt from criticism because of the playing surface and one of two, including Storey were excellent

29 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Sorry to sound like a broken record but Storey did everything right with that one on one.   Perfectly timed run, took the ball on his chest, let it drop and just as he was about to pull the trigger the ball took a ridiculous bounce off that bloody pitch causing  him to snatch at the shot.

As I said last night every Thistle player was exempt from criticism because of the playing surface and one of two, including Storey were excellent

Your version differs from mine, there was no poor bounce Storey felt pressure coming from Gogic closing him down and snatched at the chance, Doolans composure would have slotted that chance away, really get so much enjoyment listening to opposition fans complaining about the playing surface , rather than question their players technique , FIFA have allowed matches under their control to be played on it so it's not as poor a surface as these fans make it out to be .Managers who lose matches at the Super Seal stadium use the playing surface as an excuse , in post match interviews winning managers don't mention the surface.I would more look at the shortcomings of players than take the easy option and blame the pitch.

20 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Your version differs from mine, there was no poor bounce Storey felt pressure coming from Gogic closing him down and snatched at the chance, Doolans composure would have slotted that chance away, really get so much enjoyment listening to opposition fans complaining about the playing surface , rather than question their players technique , FIFA have allowed matches under their control to be played on it so it's not as poor a surface as these fans make it out to be .Managers who lose matches at the Super Seal stadium use the playing surface as an excuse , in post match interviews winning managers don't mention the surface.I would more look at the shortcomings of players than take the easy option and blame the pitch.

Sorry mate, happened right in front of me so my version is the correct one.     The ball hit the surface and Sent shooting off at an angle.    The Hamilton player had already been beaten by the cross and Storey's run.

I'm glad you get some enjoyment from fans moaning about the pitch because you certainly can't get any from watching games played on that surface.

Whilst we're on the subject and I'd appreciate an honest answer, how many good Hamilton home games have you  seen since that pitch was installed.   Every time we've played there and it's without exception, the game's been a horrendous thing to witness.   

I don't care who authorised it, it demands that the game be reduced to lumping the ball up in the air waiting for a bounce to fool  a defender.      That's the last time for me and I don't miss many games.

23 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Sorry mate, happened right in front of me so my version is the correct one.     The ball hit the surface and Sent shooting off at an angle.    The Hamilton player had already been beaten by the cross and Storey's run.

I'm glad you get some enjoyment from fans moaning about the pitch because you certainly can't get any from watching games played on that surface.

Whilst we're on the subject and I'd appreciate an honest answer, how many good Hamilton home games have you  seen since that pitch was installed.   Every time we've played there and it's without exception, the game's been a horrendous thing to witness.   

I don't care who authorised it, it demands that the game be reduced to lumping the ball up in the air waiting for a bounce to fool  a defender.      That's the last time for me and I don't miss many games.

Seen a lot of good games on it , invariably when we won , you may not have seen any and on that premise you have judged the pitch as unsuitable , until you actually play on the surface yourself I think making a judgement of it is wrong. If you want to listen to other people's assessments I would suggest they didn't like it because it showed up their personal deficiencies as footballers.

When was the surface at the Accies last relaid. It seems in a poor state surface wise. Nice job on the red paint in the main stand. Gave it a nice fresh feel....

40 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Seen a lot of good games on it , invariably when we won , you may not have seen any and on that premise you have judged the pitch as unsuitable , until you actually play on the surface yourself I think making a judgement of it is wrong. If you want to listen to other people's assessments I would suggest they didn't like it because it showed up their personal deficiencies as footballers.

I watched players I watch every week adapting their game and the manager adapting his tactics to accommodate that pitch.       The fact I haven't played on the surface is irrelevant.     I knew beforehand that the pitch on Tuesday wouldn't allow for a good game and still went.    My worse fears were realised.     My bad.    I won't repeat that mistake again.

I've seen good games and bad games on artificial pitches. Just as I have seen good games and bad games on grass pitches. 

The proportion of bad games to good games on plastic far exceeds the proportion of bad games to good games on grass though. 

The best two Accies performances this season have been on Bowling Green type surfaces-Easter Road and first half in Perth.

Fwiw,the pitch suits a more physical team and Accies struggle on it-especially when we  resort to lumping balls up to our midget strikers and bypass our small midfielders.

The pitch wasn't a problem under Alex Neil as we played great fitba on it-Canning and the pitch are not a great combination.

Maybe if The Club were not so foolhardy in their banking,we could have purchased a training ground(we tried for The Bent:astrograss pitch and two grass pitches) but we are where we are.

There has been good and bad games on it;technically skilled players should have no problems on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived