Mossmorran aka Mordor

D.A.F.C

3 hours ago, cowden0 said:

During the planning process for Mossmorran, they said both Cowdenbeath and lochgelly would become boom towns as a result of spin off industries that would move to the area.

Worked out just as they said. God bless Shell/Exxon.

The only boom the two towns will get will be if the bloody thing blows up:lol:

The Council of the day were well and truly conned to get the planning permission through.

The only boom the two towns will get will be if the bloody thing blows up[emoji38]
The Council of the day were well and truly conned to get the planning permission through.

Conned or paid is up for conjecture.

I'm near enough at the foot of the Wallace Monument in Stirling and we could see the glow last night. (Had a couple of wines aboard) and was thoroughly confused as Grangemouth is off in a SE direction but this was due east, behind Knockhill. Took me reading this thread for it to now dawn on on me it was this.

Tl;dr? Stay off the wine kids.

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I'm near enough at the foot of the Wallace Monument in Stirling and we could see the glow last night. (Had a couple of wines buckies aboard) and was thoroughly confused as Grangemouth is off in a SE direction but this was due east, behind Knockhill. Took me reading this thread for it to now dawn on on me it was this.

Tl;dr? Stay off the Tonic wine kids.

FTFY

10 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

They've already done several million pounds worth of improvements by the look of it. :P

A female voice can be beard from the direction of throbber’s flat, screaming “no the fucking chippy ya heartless Martian b*****ds”.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I knew it. We're fucked.

10wow.jpg

I just got excited for a second about a possible WotW adaption that I'd missed, but this is just someone's Photoshop, isn't it?  :(

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Can you see the structure from out your way? I’m pretty sure you can see down to Leith from Collinton.

Will be up in the Pentlands at some point tomorrow so yes, will likely see it from up there. Never home in daylight during the week just now.