Edinburgh City v Stirling Albion

This Saturday we travel to Ainslie Park the temporary home of Edinburgh City whilst Meadowbank Stadium is rebuilt, to face a City side 2nd bottom of the League 1 point ahead of Cowdenbeath.

After the poor performance from us last Saturday against Stenny, I hope that our good form away from home continues and we get the 3 points to stay top of the League and keep our 2 point advantage. 

City have struggled to score goals this season, whilst we have no problems scoring goals away from home and I expect a tough encounter on Saturday. 

Just hope Peter MacDonald is fit for this one, as we missed his presence up front last Saturday. If fit fully expect us to win this one by the odd goal or two. Taking nothing for granted from a City side fighting to avoid the bottom spot but think we should have to much up front for them in the likes of Callumn Morrison, Darren Smith and Peter MacDonald if fit. 

Prediction Edinburgh City 0 Stirling Albion 1      :thumsup2

We've signed a striker on "emergency loan"* from the Bairns- Scott Shepherd. 

Ironic really, as our strikers have been playing like Cybill Shepherd all season. 

maybe I'll stick a quid on a home win at the current generous odds them. 

*presumably the emergency being that the others can't hit a coo's erse with a banjo

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

We've signed a striker on "emergency loan"* from the Bairns- Scott Shepherd. 

Ironic really, as our strikers have been playing like Cybill Shepherd all season. 

maybe I'll stick a quid on a home win at the current generous odds them. 

*presumably the emergency being that the others can't hit a coo's erse with a banjo

We had him at Forthbank on loan as well, surprise surprise, missed a golden chance first game he played for his. Didn't do much the rest of his loan spell so unless he has IMPROVED :lol: don't expect too much from him. 

We are much better away from home, so fully expecting 3 points.

Scott Shepard is awful, no doubt he will score though default_laugh.png

Obvious concern if he does is that I'll have literally forgotten how to celebrate

There's a watering hole called The Village nearby but I'm told its a bit dear. Still, you Stirling types must be flush with cash... :lol:

Otherwise it's worth a wee hike to Stockbridge- the Stockbridge Tap does a nice pint. :cheers

Just want to reiterate what others have said about Shepherd, awful is maybe a little harsh on the lad but he certainly didn’t play well during his spell at us.

I’ll miss the game due to my sons football but I’d like to think that we will get back to winning ways on Saturday, fingers crossed ????????

I remember Shepherd as a stand out when he was on loan at Brechin. Because he was so bad. But, I saw him play for Falkirk u20 a few weeks ago and couldn’t believe it was the same player. Seems to have bulked up a little.

I remember Shepherd as a stand out when he was on loan at Brechin. Because he was so bad. But, I saw him play for Falkirk u20 a few weeks ago and couldn’t believe it was the same player. Seems to have bulked up a little.

U20s is a completely different level though. Neil McLaughlin is banging them in for Partick Thistle u20's, yet for us (Cowden aside) he hasn't been great.

On to this game, hopefully we have Peaso back, he's been our unsung hero this season and without him we look a little lost up top.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

U20s is a completely different level though. Neil McLaughlin is banging them in for Partick Thistle u20's, yet for us (Cowden aside) he hasn't been great.

Oh, hadn't realised.

4 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

On to this game, hopefully we have Peaso back, he's been our unsung hero this season and without him we look a little lost up top.

Peaso is out for up to 6 weeks due to knee injury according to Club website along with Willie Robertson who has a hamstring problem. Doubts over Ross Smith as well, also Scott Davidson also looks to be out. 

Was looking forward to this game as a win keeps on top but given the injury problems we have don't know what to expect on Saturday, hopefully we can still get the points but it wont be easy with a weakened side. 

Peaso is out for up to 6 weeks due to knee injury according to Club website along with Willie Robertson who has a hamstring problem. Doubts over Ross Smith as well, also Scott Davidson also looks to be out. 
Was looking forward to this game as a win keeps on top but given the injury problems we have don't know what to expect on Saturday, hopefully we can still get the points but it wont be easy with a weakened side. 

Can see us losing top spot then, guessing he'll go with this team.

Binnie
Noble- McNeil- McGeachie- Hamilton
Black- Caddis
Dickson
Morrison- McLaughlin- DLS

Can see us losing top spot then, guessing he'll go with this team.

Binnie
Noble- McNeil- McGeachie- Hamilton
Black- Caddis
Dickson
Morrison- McLaughlin- DLS

Go with that side bar 1 Ross Kavanagh in for McLaughlin. If McLaughlin starts I hope he plays better than on Saturday otherwise we could find ourselves being caught by the pack.

Go with that side bar 1 Ross Kavanagh in for McLaughlin. If McLaughlin starts I hope he plays better than on Saturday otherwise we could find ourselves being caught by the pack.

Forgot about Kav, could put him out wide and move DLS up top.

Onto another point when is Andy Little back?

Forgot about Kav, could put him out wide and move DLS up top.

Onto another point when is Andy Little back?

Yes I would be happy with that. Regarding Andy Little no idea when he could return, just have to wait and hope for the best.

5 hours ago, rhliston said:

You do know you'll  only need to score One goal to win this game ?     

Archived