Alex Salmond show on Russia Today

Colkitto

7 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

RT doesn't need the likes of Salmond to give it legitimacy. It gets legitimacy for the quality of its output as evidenced by the many awards it regularly wins at international (western) film & TV festivals for news and documentaries. If it really was some kind of comical North Korean style propaganda megaphone as those who clearly don't watch it seem to think, it would be nowhere near these events alongside other established 'soft power' outlets like CNN, Deutsche Welle, Voice of America etc.

One of the main criticisms aimed at it is that it only gives a platform to anti-western voices, but when was the last time anyone saw a pro-Russian expert on the BBC or CNN, or even someone neutral for that matter? RT is only a news story in itself because of the hysterical anti-Russian atmosphere our own propaganda has created so that anything Russian is automatically suspicious and not to be trusted.

There’s no such thing as a pro Russian expert.

With Maybots cabinet woes,the paradise papers being released this is pure "oh look a squirrel "for the yoon press .The only thing it has done is give the show some publicity

I don't think they're really related are they? It's Labour who've been getting the most capital out of the paradise papers leaks and the Tories implosion.

You know what is evidence of a propagandised population living in an echo chamber? One that slavishly defends its movement’s demagogues.

One that refuses steadfastly to acknowledge that its leading figures could ever be prone to errors of judgment.

One that see literally every criticism of those leaders as a conspiratorial plot rather than just an inevitable consequence of fallible politicians and an at least somewhat functioning third estate.

5 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

What did page 6 paragraph 2 say? The fact is loads of people got the sack for reporting stuff that wasn't wrong. 

The board cravenly did the Government's bidding on that occasion while the management stood up to them. Not the BBC's finest hour.

11 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

What did page 6 paragraph 2 say? The fact is loads of people got the sack for reporting stuff that wasn't wrong. 

I was shitting all over your attempt to construct a sentence.

The Hutton report said nothing of the sort.

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yes. How did that anti-vaccine campaign work out for the ordinary person?

Fine I guess, I mean who needs protection from contagious infections anyway.

Nigel knows best.

image.png.51ff4d2f74d06c59da00755d0aee58f1.png

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

You know what is evidence of a propagandised population living in an echo chamber? One that slavishly defends its movement’s demagogues.

.....and the only reason you're acting like a wet wipe is you dislike Alexander the Great.   

I quite like RT it has a lot of great documentaries. And some good shows like Galloways and Max airing a lot of subjects you wouldnt get covered on WMSM ,

Galloway doesn't do to badly out of the media over here.
f**k sake he was on Daily Politics talking about the sex scandal which was interesting given his past comments on sex.

1 hour ago, McQuade said:

I don't see any difference between Salmond having a platform on RT and other Politicians having a platform on the Daily Mail.

I quite like RT it has a lot of great documentaries. And some good shows like Galloways and Max airing a lot of subjects you wouldnt get covered on WMSM ,

Only today Sputnik Show was slaughtering the Queen's tax dodging and other media moguls, in a way you'd never see here.

And to be fair some shows on it are hysterically biased, like the Baldy guy and the wee guy with the bow tie 

The Daily Mail isn't the propaganda arm of a state that kills and locks up journalists.

That's the difference.

8 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The Daily Mail isn't the propaganda arm of a state that kills and locks up journalists.

That's the difference.

Exactly, the British state would never lock up or kill people it disagrees with.