Alex Salmond show on Russia Today

Colkitto

There can't possibly be anyone who actually thinks that the reporting standards on the BBC and RT are equivalents? I mean, that would be a completely ridiculous argument to make. 

Or indeed, anyone who actually thinks the behaviour of the British and Russian governments are similar.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

58 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I know for a fact that the BBC used to get Sinn Fein spokesmen to do their own voice overs instead of hiring an actor, in "London"Derry anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

3. Yeah, that will be why every military conflict the UK has been involved in in living memory has had BBC war and political reporters scrutinising and criticising actions of British military, diplomatic and political actors live on television.

Can't seem to find any BBC reports on the atrocities committed by the British in Kenya. Can you help as you mentioned the BBC scrutinised    the actions of the British military in living memory

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

There can't possibly be anyone who actually thinks that the reporting standards on the BBC and RT are equivalents? I mean, that would be a completely ridiculous argument to make. 

Or indeed, anyone who actually thinks the behaviour of the British and Russian governments are similar.

I don't think anyone is claiming this. People are merely pointing out the hypocrisy. Let's not pretend that everything broadcast on RT is bullshit and everything on the BBC is reported honestly and without an agenda.

19 minutes ago, McQuade said:

Try this

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bbc-ni-had-bias-against-catholics-during-troubles-claims-veteran-journalist-dillon-36092877.html

...And Mr Dillon, an 18-year corporation veteran who introduced the then groundbreaking Talkback programme to Radio Ulster over 30 years ago, further claimed that the Beeb's Northern Ireland newsroom "relied almost exclusively on information supplied by RUC and British Army press offices".

Perhaps the IRA/INLA and UDA/UDF weren't quite as sharing at the time. 

But it's exactly the argument that some morons here are making.

I still don't see the problem the public has with it tbh.  I watch a lot of things produced by FOX, love their sports productions doesn't mean credence is given to the bull shit FoxNews comes out with.  

The reason the UK media has a problem is because he Salmond would be able to say what he likes and the BBC, STV etc. won't be able to do a hatchet job on the reporting as they have known to do often.

Edited by Antiochas III

I still don't see the problem the public has with it tbh.  I watch a lot of things produced by FOX, love their sports productions doesn't mean credence is given to the bull shit FoxNews comes out with.  

The reason the UK media has a problem is because he Salmond would be able to say what he likes and the BBC, STV etc. won't be able to do a hatchet job on the reporting as they have known to do often.

What if you are an independence supporter who is uncomfortable with this decision?
That was where this thread was before people started screaming BBC! at anyone who held a differing opinion.

You don't have to like it, you can even fairly say it is not the choice you would have made but, you do have to say why it's so so unimaginably terrible but Theresa May genuflecting before Paul Dacre, is not.

Again I posted about May and Dacre in another thread.
It's still not an either or.

2 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Nicola is the leader now and Alex should do as he is told/advised.