Alex Salmond show on Russia Today

Colkitto

I welcome his new gig on RT.Just confirms the big belly flopper his political career has taken since the highs of pre Indy referendum 2014.Basically his bloated corpse has washed up on the beach of multi channel TV.I wish him all the best.Maybe he will wear a "cool" hat like Mr Galloway..

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I welcome his new gig on RT.Just confirms the big belly flopper his political career has taken since the highs of pre Indy referendum 2014.Basically his bloated corpse has washed up on the beach of multi channel TV.I wish him all the best.Maybe he will wear a "cool" hat like Mr Galloway..

^^^^lights fuse paper and stands well back...

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Still a terrible troll but you keep on trying

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

The UK Prime Minister, Government Minister and military all justifying the killing of journalists..

DOYmsYbWsAAjslV.jpg 

Yes, bombing the TV station of a genocidal dictatorship’s propaganda arm is exactly the same as getting the KGB to covertly abduct and assassinate dissenting journalists...

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Yes it is.

Either the country's political pundits heads all collectively exploded over May licking the balls of the worst right wing hate rag in the country or it didn't.

Just because the Tories lower the bar for what constitutes a healthy democratic relationship between politics and the press doesn’t make it okay for Alex Salmond to pull the bar down lower still and *still* not clear it.

Edited by Ad Lib

10 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Yes, bombing the TV station of a genocidal dictatorship’s propaganda arm is exactly the same as getting the KGB to covertly abduct and assassinate dissenting journalists...

So it's down to what kind of circumstances on how we kill journalists...I get it now

:lol: It now appears comrade corbyn took 20k for appearing on Press Tv

This isn't the most relevant place to discuss this is it when the Tories are currently weaponising it to let their Foreign Sec off the hook for potentially adding years on to a woman's sentence.

30 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

So it's down to what kind of circumstances on how we kill journalists...I get it now

Puppet propagandists for genocidal dictators aren’t journalists and aren’t conducting journalism.

Bombing Milosovic’s TV stations helped to stop genocide. Helping the Russian Government to cover up the covert abduction and assassination of journalists enables and protects a regime that explicitly protects a dictator that uses chemical weapons on civillians in Syria.

40 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Puppet propagandists for genocidal dictators aren’t journalists and aren’t conducting journalism.

Bombing Milosovic’s TV stations helped to stop genocide. Helping the Russian Government to cover up the covert abduction and assassination of journalists enables and protects a regime that explicitly protects a dictator that uses chemical weapons on civillians in Syria.

Not sure how the US bombing Aljazeera in Baghdad and Kabul helped anyone. Or killing TV staff in Belgrade because you don't like what they're saying.

Edited by welshbairn
Correction Beirut to Baghdad

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure how the US bombing Aljazeera in Beirut and Kabul helped anyone. Or killing TV staff in Belgrade because you don't like what they're saying.

The conduct of the US military has no bearing on this thread.

They didn’t “kill TV staff in Belgrade because they didn’t like what they were saying”.

They destroyed the infrastructure of a state propaganda machine that was controlling political messaging to enable a genocidal dictator to maintain control over his civil warring country. The deaths of staff was incidental to, not the object of, the bombing.

When the KGB, covertly, abducts and kills journalists it is not the same as bombing a TV station. It is done specifically to silence dissent and to strengthen authoritarian rule; not to challenge it.

This is like a f*cking Old Firm thread with all the whataboutery.

The tribalism of politics is really depressing. I'm perfectly comfortable criticising anyone, whether I happen to like them or not, for going on Russia Today. It's like the Labour supporters who were raging at the Guardian and BBC for reporting on the abuse of Bex Bailey, because it was taking it was distracting attention from the Tory scandals .I'm also happy to criticise anyone working for the Daily Mail (and I've seen lots of criticism of May going to Dacre's party), or going on Press TV.  

Also, the people going "state broadcaster" and accusing the BBC of being a government mouthpiece must have been away last week when a story broken by the BBC forced a cabinet minister to resign.

5 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The conduct of the US military has no bearing on this thread.

They didn’t “kill TV staff in Belgrade because they didn’t like what they were saying”.

They destroyed the infrastructure of a state propaganda machine that was controlling political messaging to enable a genocidal dictator to maintain control over his civil warring country. The deaths of staff was incidental to, not the object of, the bombing.

When the KGB, covertly, abducts and kills journalists it is not the same as bombing a TV station. It is done specifically to silence dissent and to strengthen authoritarian rule; not to challenge it.

You frequently undermine your own arguments by taking things to the logical extreme and end up defending the indefensible. 

cablert-300x155.jpg.213f97f86df0e22bf8755d8ab7b53706.jpg

Vince Cable here, leader of the Liberal Democrats. Appearing on RT and legitimizing Putin's propaganda.

5a084bfe1e77e_jcrt.jpg.addfbddc870ba433f54be2a2e6cccdb1.jpg

Jeremy Corbyn, leader of her majesties opposition. Appearing on RT and helping the Russian government cover up the abduction and murder of journalists.

5a084dbbe38cc_ddrussiatoday.jpg.80a0dba8ba5a6769eaf62e89b3469072.jpg

David Davis, Brexit Secretary. Appearing on RT and now complicit in the annexation of Crimea.

cablert-300x155.jpg.213f97f86df0e22bf8755d8ab7b53706.jpg
Vince Cable here, leader of the Liberal Democrats. Appearing on RT and legitimizing Putin's propaganda.
5a084bfe1e77e_jcrt.jpg.addfbddc870ba433f54be2a2e6cccdb1.jpg
Jeremy Corbyn, leader of her majesties opposition. Appearing on RT and helping the Russian government cover up the abduction and murder of journalists.
5a084dbbe38cc_ddrussiatoday.jpg.80a0dba8ba5a6769eaf62e89b3469072.jpg
David Davis, Brexit Secretary. Appearing on RT and now complicit in the annexation of Crimea.

Whataboutery.

I personally don't think any of them should be appearing on RT - it just legitimises their bullshit.