North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think most of the summer leagues have got going yet so I doubt that's the reason, I remember Orkney pulled out of one of the cups because the players were more keen on an Island 7s tournament though, so who knows. The North Caley will have to give out serious penalties or you could see more clubs not bothering to turn up for meaningless end of season games, especially when there's a load of travel involved.

image.png.464c398573a83f2a5d222244474a8ea3.png

Must be "reaching out" to their American fans with that apology...

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Must be "reaching out" to their American fans with that apology...

Fort William certainly, Orkney have never managed to get the hipster fandom for being 'the worst team in the world', and Fort have probably blown it by being solidly mid table since they arrived in the North Caley. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fort William certainly, Orkney have never managed to get the hipster fandom for being 'the worst team in the world', and Fort have probably blown it by being solidly mid table since they arrived in the North Caley. 

I was poking fun at their use of "apologize" instead of "apologise"...

Please don't fall oot.

You are two of the very few folk that encourage the rest of us tae actually approach this section of this...erm,...forum to see what might be going on up in Shintyland.....as well as the FitbaNorth chap. He is always good.

Oh,..aye,..and also except for the Brechin City guy wae the handsome wee hairy dug. Bert is better than any oh yeez.

Chill.

3 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Add Loch Ness to the list of teams that couldn’t raise a squad to fulfill a fixture. And we’re supposed to take this league seriously as part of the pyramid 🙄

Doesn't affect the pyramid with their Champion already declared, f**k knows when that will happen in the Midland and Highland Leagues.

5 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Add Loch Ness to the list of teams that couldn’t raise a squad to fulfill a fixture. And we’re supposed to take this league seriously as part of the pyramid 🙄

If you knew where this league was a few seasons ago, this is just a blip. I would love to find out what was said to clubs by the league as it can't be a coincidence that so many teams have been caught out. It's not a good look though 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Three teams scratching is pretty embarrassing for the league. There should be a far harsher penalty than a 1-0 defeat.

Loch Ness have basically cost bonar bridge the opportunity to not finish last which would have been a big deal for them,they've gone from being whipping boys last year to really improving this season,bad craic

18 hours ago, highlandmac said:

Loch Ness have basically cost bonar bridge the opportunity to not finish last which would have been a big deal for them,they've gone from being whipping boys last year to really improving this season,bad craic

So what has happened here then? Have the league told the teams they would be finished by now? Or was there an option to move the Easter holiday games to next week as a lot of the boys who play will be forced to work this week considering half the UK shows up in the area for a holiday 

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

So what has happened here then? Have the league told the teams they would be finished by now? Or was there an option to move the Easter holiday games to next week as a lot of the boys who play will be forced to work this week considering half the UK shows up in the area for a holiday 

I think clubs are behaving as they please because they know they won't be sanctioned other than an irrelevant 1-0 loss

2023/2024 Season Review

image.png.795811b0b26debd985d412c324adb6fb.png

image.png.909f8f19feb79104e0a57deeafb9bca0.png

image.png.0c144a6bff4ba135a26e3ed66f569026.png

Another bottom place finish but a better showing from Bonar Bridge this time out. Interesting to see where Loch Ness go next season after the proposed merger with Strathpspey fell through. League should be up to 13 team next season assuming Bunillidh Thistle  return as was reported earlier in the season.

Edited by GNU_Linux

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Another bottom place finish but a better showing from Bonar Bridge this time out. Interesting to see where Loch Ness go next season after the proposed merger with Strathpspey fell through. League should be up to 13 team next season assuming Bunillidh Thistle  return as was reported earlier in the season.

Bonar Bridge were a little bit screwed by Loch Ness failing to field a team against Thurso, with Thurso being awarded the win. Loch Ness would surely have won that game and Thurso would have finished behind Bonar Bridge on goal difference.

On 13/04/2024 at 21:42, GordonS said:

Bonar Bridge were a little bit screwed by Loch Ness failing to field a team against Thurso, with Thurso being awarded the win. Loch Ness would surely have won that game and Thurso would have finished behind Bonar Bridge on goal difference.

The Loch Ness goalie was playing for Strathspey last night from what I read.

On 16/04/2024 at 06:50, Spyro said:

The Loch Ness goalie was playing for Strathspey last night from what I read.

From what I can see Strathspey borrowed Kit Fletcher from Fort William. Their normal goalkeeper Ethan Rae must be injured, he's excellent, turned 18 today and on loan from Ross County, played a blinder when they beat Clach a few weeks ago.

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

From what I can see Strathspey borrowed Kit Fletcher from Fort William. Their normal goalkeeper Ethan Rae must be injured, he's excellent, turned 18 today and on loan from Ross County, played a blinder when they beat Clach a few weeks ago.

Ah, that might have been me getting wires crossed 

• 1 month later...

Using GTF day as an excuse to ask if there's any news on the club with the best social club and one of the most picturesque grounds in the Highland League, Bunillidh Thistle, coming back to the North Caley? I know they were trying to. @NiallFH?

https://www.northern-times.co.uk/sport/helmsdale-at-the-heart-of-football-clubs-ambitious-rise-fro-331895/