North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

4ish games in, everyone has a league win and Bonar are looking decent.

Unbelievable turnaround considering the state of the league a few years ago with 6 teams and Dornoch/Sutherland getting skelped every weekend.

Is a return of Bunillidh a step too far? The ammys are doing well in the NW league

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Unbelievable turnaround considering the state of the league a few years ago with 6 teams and Dornoch/Sutherland getting skelped every weekend.

Is a return of Bunillidh a step too far? The ammys are doing well in the NW league

Looking at the bottom part of the Highland League table and there are a few candidates for potential relegation to the N Cal possible in the next five-ten seasons.

The long-term prospects beginning to look better and maybe another ground or two built in Inverness e.g. the University etc could improve facilities, as could a club or two from elsewhere going for a Club Licence.

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

I'm not sure if there's much connection between Helmsdale United and Bunillidh Thistle, other than sharing the park and social club. Did the United boys sometimes play for Thistle in the winters? I know other players in the North do that, but it's a hell of a long season if you want to compete at both. Heard the Wick manager has insisted they pick one or the other this season. I saw Bunillidh play Inverness Athletic a couple of years ago, and they were astonishingly bad, more primary school than pub league. Though the barman at the Bannockburn said half of them had been in the pub till gone 3am the night before.. :lol: Hope they do get a winter team going again, it's a decent ground with by far the best facilities I've seen in the North Caley in regards the Social Club, and a nice sea view.

Yeah it’s a different world in Helmsdale I suppose!

No idea if there was a crossover in players and tbh I wasn’t really being serious. What Dev is saying is a lot more likely. I genuinely hope Clach either avoid it, or drop down, sort their sh!t out and regroup again. The banter was funny for a couple of seasons but it getting boring now. Clach need to be at the top of the HL.

I can’t see Strathspey changing from the Juniors either so it’s only really Clach or Wick that are in danger just now

Aye Strathspey have said they'd go back to the North Juniors if they got relegated. 

I've always wondered what Nairn would do if they became shite again, I know their colts used to play in the NCL but there's a Nairn club in the North Juniors. A lot less travel in that league than the NCL.

1 hour ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Loch Ness chucked out of the cup and docked points

Sam Urquhart's been playing for them recently, maybe it's him. Bit of a boost for Fort William's play off chances.

(It seems not, before his time apparently)

Edited by welshbairn

Loch Ness are appealing..

CLUB STATEMENT:
Loch Ness FC has received a charge from the North Caledonian Football League regarding the eligibility of a player over three fixtures, under the statutes of international clearance. We will promptly engage with the relevant authorities via an appeal process, as we firmly believe that the club has not committed any administrative error and has diligently fulfilled all necessary requirements. The player in question has played for a number of clubs in Scotland as a trialist. The player also played junior football as recently as last month for 2 games. The Player possesses a Scottish I.D. number. When checking the SFA player registration database (extranet) all criteria had been met for said player to play as a trialist no red flags had come up in regards to international clearance. Loch Ness have followed normal protocols in line with the information given by the extranet regarding said player. Following this, it is our belief that the alleged error is of external origin. Therefore, Loch Ness should not be held accountable for mistakes beyond the club's control.
Sincerely,
Loch Ness Football Club

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Looks like the SFA database isn't fit for purpose... Or Loch Ness are at it.

BoD took their punishment on the chin as have the countless EoS and WoS teams who have messed up over the last year or 2

BoD didn't bother reading an email from the SFA telling them a player was ineligible, they played him for a further 9 games. 

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

BoD didn't bother reading an email from the SFA telling them a player was ineligible, they played him for a further 9 games. 

Fair enough, didn't read too much into it at the time. 

Maybe I'm being harsh on the SFA, clubs needs to get the basics sorted too. It will blow the league wide open once the points come off, can't see Invergordon or even FW dropping too many points. The rest of the league seem to be fighting it out a step below them 

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Fair enough, didn't read too much into it at the time. 

Maybe I'm being harsh on the SFA, clubs needs to get the basics sorted too. It will blow the league wide open once the points come off, can't see Invergordon or even FW dropping too many points. The rest of the league seem to be fighting it out a step below them 

Tbf I doubt Loch Ness had much experience of checking out international clearance back in their Gellions days.. 😁 Strathspey amongst others in the HL will be praying they win their appeal. As far as the SFA goes it's usually safe to assume that they're unfit for purpose and a bunch of c***s. 

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Tbf I doubt Loch Ness had much experience of checking out international clearance back in their Gellions days.. 😁 Strathspey amongst others in the HL will be praying they win their appeal. As far as the SFA goes it's usually safe to assume that they're unfit for purpose and a bunch of c***s. 

This is true, only ever seen them as Gellions down the Bught 😂

I haven't looked at their squad at all but could it be something to do with EU countries and our current 'situation'? I know a lot of Polish lads play up there

The player in question has played for a number of clubs in Scotland as a trialist. The player also played junior football as recently as last month for 2 games. The Player possesses a Scottish I.D. number. When checking the SFA player registration database (extranet) all criteria had been met for said player to play as a trialist no red flags had come up in regards to international clearance.

You can't play a trialist last registered abroad, in case they're serving bans/etc. and as they wouldn't be subject to local jurisdiction here.  Coldstream and Eyemouth got caught out by this a few years ago when somebody returned from America, but told them he hadn't played over there (he had). It usually doesn't come to light until somebody tries to register the player and it becomes apparent clearance from another country is needed.

If that is the backstory, but as Loch Ness imply this man has been appearing promiscuously across the north, various clubs may be in bother depending on each competition's sanctions.

Perhaps their appeal will hinge on whether or not his registration ID on SFA system actually is his most recent registration upon this planet.