Christmas Eve boxes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I am probably well out of touch, but I only heard about these tonight. What is this all about? As if Christmas isn't mad enough we are now having this happening.

What are you meant to put in them, as I have been asked to make one up.

Pyjamas, bath bombs out lush or the like, dressing gown, Disney DVD. Done

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's a nice idea to try to calm excited children so they sleep through until a bit later in the morning.

In reality, it will just become another dick waving contest as spoiled kids end up with yet another mountain of presents.

Won't it also just have the effect of just pushing back the "can't sleep" night to that of the 23rd because kids get excited for their "Christmas Eve Box"?

I've seen photos of these on Facebook in previous years. The sort of things that go in them are the sort of things I'd have got as presents when I was younger.

I can't help but think this is the source of the recent clamour to provide "safe spaces" and the like. The first generation of kids brought up by "Christmas Eve Box" types now growing up. 

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Don't have kids.

Don't have nephews/nieces

Youngest person in my family is 33

Christmas is all about drink, 2 weeks off and tons of football.

give it time.....

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Luck b*****d, Gav.

It's a fantastic 16 days.

Finish up Friday 22nd December and then spend about 8 nights drunk before returning to work Monday 8th.

Falkirk play 4 games in that period and also a ton of TV footy. Lovely :thumsup2

It's what Jesus would want me to do for his Birthday I reckon.

Archived