Established Premiership Side VS Newly Promoted Hibernian

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I can't believe we've went 5 games undefeated. Well done to Martin Canning for turning things around.

Canning deserves much praise, he is subjected to unbelievable criticism from our fans, he practically manages the team with his hands tied behind his back, he is provided with a paltry budget in comparison to our direct competition and for him to preserve our Premiership status and to lead us into our 4th consecutive campaign in the Premiership is an incredible accomplishment IMO.

7 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Canning deserves much praise, he is subjected to unbelievable criticism from our fans, he practically manages the team with his hands tied behind his back, he is provided with a paltry budget in comparison to our direct competition and for him to preserve our Premiership status and to lead us into our 4th consecutive campaign in the Premiership is an incredible accomplishment IMO.

Well said. Of course, if he loses our next game, I'll want him out. It's the Accies way.:D

17 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Well said. Of course, if he loses our next game, I'll want him out. It's the Accies way.:D

I haven't always defended him, he has made some baffling decisions and basic mistakes, but looking at the overall situation to keep us up is a very notable achievement, like you I shall probably show my displeasure if we lose our next game .

I think the main points about Accies are -
1) Canning is a young manager who is still learning but has shown lessons have been learnt
2) The board have learnt lessons in bringing in a smaller number of players but bringing in quality - Templeton, Rojano, Sarris, Tomas and Skondras

Agree, Tomas gets a hard time off of our fans because he was a foreign transfer.

No worse than Devlin and if it was Devlin making the same errors or playing the same as Tomas the reaction would be “oh unlucky Mikey” etc etc as opposed to the complete headsgone people have when Tomas does it.

I think Tomas is improving now and is starting to adapt to our physical game. Back to Rojano though. It is starting to look like the comical wait for his clearance might have been worth it.

41 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Other than the goal, the most entertaining moment of the game was absolutely shiting myself when I turned round to see a cat staring at me. How the f**k did it even get there?

Careful mate. Could have been one of Regan's spies. 

This will be the same Neil Lennon I take it who went into The Accies dressing room after the game and congratulated the Accies players for "scrapping well" for a point I take it?

We  played poor,while Hibs were excellent.Lennon nullified Skondras bombing forward and Docherty in midfield which negated us in an attacking sense.

However,we take an undeserved point and move on as we would have lost that game six weeks ago.

Although his overall play is fairly good and his work rate is immense I wish Rojano was a more proficient finisher, whilst saying that if he was capable of 15-20 goals a season in the Premiership, I guess the likelihood is he would have had more attractive options before ending up at NDP.

It would have been interesting to see where we would be points wise if there wasn't such a delay in securing paperwork etc to enable us to have played him earlier.On the other hand I guess him being introduced into the setup just as Templeton's fitness issues seem to have been negated, it has allowed the pair of them to establish a front two pairing, they seem to compliment each other and have caused defences problems in recent weeks.

He has shown an aptitude that given reasonable scoring opportunities he is capable of finding the target.All in all I am relieved the board have displaced the scatter gun approach of quantity and replaced it with one of targeting quality.

Archived