Jon Venables

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Depends if it's delt with by a fixed penalty notice or not.

Timpsons don't always sack people who steal from them so I guess they are the victim and the rehabilitation body in theses cases.

Was it not you who claimed fairly proudly that you paid as little in tax as was legally possible, can't help but think doing so slows down criminal justice and drives up offending rates. So congratulations you've played yourself.

I'm all for rehab, but I always wondered about the wisdom of teaching burglars to make keys, or do the make them stick to resoling shoes?

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The criminal world must be rubbing their hands with glee at all this empathy and support thrown their way.

Victims must be shaking their heads wondering where all the vocal empathy and support for them has gone in comparison. Seems to be in very short supply.

It's possible to have empathy for both mate. 

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The criminal world must be rubbing their hands with glee at all this empathy and support thrown their way.

Victims must be shaking their heads wondering where all the vocal empathy and support for them has gone in comparison. Seems to be in very short supply.

Give it a rest. It's getting very tedious.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've removed a few of the posts that go into rather a lot of detail about the injuries inflicted on Jamie Bulger, which I think are a wee bit much for this forum (especially since anyone can read it). This information is freely available elsewhere on the internet if you really do need to know. 

I skipped over them tbh, but you've done the right thing, imho

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ab1b604940c46fefb04d365601cae14.jpeg

Chuckling at the image of the modern day equivalent of the Krays relaxing in a nice leather desk chair, feet up reading the General Nonsense threads on PnB between ordering torturing, murders and setting up huge drug deals all with a sense of tremendous wellbeing that their exploits are not going to see them castigated by anyone but Oaky.

Wondering what sort of punishments the likes of Oaky would set for 'convicted criminals'.

Take for example a 16 year old caught tagging a wall. We already know he should never be able to get a job and lead a normal life.

- hard labour ?

- penal colony ?

- chemical castration ?

- death penalty ?

9 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:

Wondering what sort of punishments the likes of Oaky would set for 'convicted criminals'.

Take for example a 16 year old caught tagging a wall. We already know he should never be able to get a job and lead a normal life.

- hard labour ?

- penal colony ?

- chemical castration ?

- death penalty ?

I find it interesting also. My relative was found guilty of murder before being pardoned due to new evidence coming to light some time down the road. Wonder what @oaksoft would consider a reasonable time to keep said person alive for before the justice system did it's thing.

1 hour ago, Futureboy said:

I find it interesting also. My relative was found guilty of murder before being pardoned due to new evidence coming to light some time down the road. Wonder what @oaksoft would consider a reasonable time to keep said person alive for before the justice system did it's thing.

^^^
relatives mates put the frighteners on some witnesses.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I wonder what you would do about the rather large crossover of people who are both victims and “criminals”.... 

Are they banished from society too. 

They lost all their human rights when they commit crimes m9.

I wonder if oaksoft differentiates between the minority of the population who've been convicted of crimes and the overwhelming majority of the population who've committed crimes but never been convicted.

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What if you commit a crime, but then the thing you did becomes legal? Like, if cannabis was decriminalised for example, but you already have some possession convictions? Can you start looking for a job (almost certainly as a cobbler) then? 

Or all gay men? Perhaps take a leaf out the Saudis book and kill all gay men that were 18 before homosexuality was legalised just to be safe?

12 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm all for rehab, but I always wondered about the wisdom of teaching burglars to make keys, or do the make them stick to resoling shoes?

That would certainly stop them reoffending!