EOS Grounds for Optimism

1 hour ago, Anderson1984 said:

I was at the swifts v Broxburn game the other week at Dalgety Bay and while some things were ok, the setup is not EOS compliant surely? I could have stood on the hill and watched the game and don’t ask me where the toilets were at the ground . Player safety has to be considered as I didn’t see a clear walkway between changing rooms and pitch. Have also heard this contributed to an ugly scene earlier in the season,  where players of both teams were throwing punches at each other right next to supporters (wasn’t there so please don’t shoot the messenger if wrong)

if we are going to have a go at Edinburgh based teams, maybe should have your own house in order……

Who's having a go at Edinburgh teams

In terms of no walkway to the pitch, there’s loads of grounds where that’s the case, and I don’t think the requirement for one kicks in until spfl level.

edit- and the requirements for preventing free viewing only applies at ground level.  There’s quite a few grounds much higher up where there’s possible vantage points away from the ground

Edited by parsforlife

On 07/04/2023 at 13:39, Anderson1984 said:

I was at the swifts v Broxburn game the other week at Dalgety Bay and while some things were ok, the setup is not EOS compliant surely? I could have stood on the hill and watched the game and don’t ask me where the toilets were at the ground . Player safety has to be considered as I didn’t see a clear walkway between changing rooms and pitch. Have also heard this contributed to an ugly scene earlier in the season,  where players of both teams were throwing punches at each other right next to supporters (wasn’t there so please don’t shoot the messenger if wrong)

if we are going to have a go at Edinburgh based teams, maybe should have your own house in order……

You can't see all the pitch from the hill behind the goal. Talking nonsense re punches etc. Can't even think of a game involving anything like that. Never seen anyone on here from swifts having a go at Edin based teams. Are you just bitter cos you got pumped? 

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Are you sneakily allowed more than 2 teams lodging at the same place though ? 

Weren't Spartans, Edinburgh City and LTHV all sharing for a year when it turned out Meadowbank wasn't ready?

3 or more has to be worked around already. Airdrie's ground has to deal with SPFL (Airdreonians), LL (Celtic B), WoSFL (Glasgow Uni), SWPL (Celtic Women)

Edited by FairWeatherFan

38 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Weren't Spartans, Edinburgh City and LTHV all sharing for a year when it turned out Meadowbank wasn't ready?

Aye I thought that was a one off.

Interesting times ahead and an incoming baw ache for the fixtures secretary then. 

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye I thought that was a one off.

Interesting times ahead and an incoming baw ache for the fixtures secretary then. 

Since there's only meant to be the one applicant to the EoSFL. I'm guessing this isn't a new club problem but an existing one. 

These hints about Hearts B moving out? 

31 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Meadowbank has Leith Ath, Boroughmuir Thistle, Edinburgh Caledonian, Hibs Ladies and some other tossers playing there at the moment  

Can understand it could be difficult to make out who is on the pitch without a telescope 🧐

Only triple shares have been... Annan/Edusport/Annan SOS in 2017-18 & 2018-19; Spartans/LTHV/Edinburgh City last season; Airdrie/Celtic B/Glasgow Uni since last season; Stenhousemuir/Syngenta/Queen's Park this season. Last-named commonly playing Friday night.

On 02/05/2023 at 08:27, LongTimeLurker said:

Fu0gCnRWwBoq6Qf?format=jpg&name=small

Great forward planning on the placement of that floodlights pylon and they still haven't figured out that you need to raise the stand to give seated spectators a decent sight line especially if one of the dugouts is in the way. 

Aye would have been better if they didn't have the floodlight no quite sure why they have so much pylons surely could have had the same number of lights with less.

Sure I heard the dug outs are getting moved back.