I remember when you could leave your door open

Scary Bear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Where I used to live quite a lot of cops lived in the area, so the area was consequently quite well patrolled. Just how well patrolled I found out one night when I was sitting watching a film and having a w**k when two polis walked into my living room. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Car probably too manky for any self-respecting thief to want to nick anyway:

37F59D96-C794-4C65-8791-309484628F4F.jpeg

Here’s a wee tip.

If you want to get involved in an insurance scam with a thief,  engage one with absolutely no self respect.

You’re welcome.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Here’s a wee tip.

If you want to get involved in an insurance scam with a thief,  engage one with absolutely no self respect.

You’re welcome.

Is that what's printed on your business cards?

I used to leave my front door open out of laziness more than anything else. 3 years ago I woke up and had been burgled. Never heard a thing. So I lock it.

Folk trying folks doors at night is absolutely rife, so if you don’t lock your door at night it’s probably only a matter of time before you get burgled.

d360e99e61781920e66ab5766270daf7.jpg

That’s 2 folk who tried my daughters house a week or two ago.

Walking into people’s houses and taking their car keys was a thing I remember being common fairly recently. Made a lot of people in middle class areas reevaluate their policy of not locking their door while they are in, particularly if they had one of the commonly targeted cars like a Mercedes, Audi, BMW, etc in the drive.

I also have mates who live in big new build houses in commuter towns who seem to keep getting warnings about people going about trying doors and whatnot but none of them have been burgled so dunno if it’s urban myth.

Nothing urban myth about that. Big market for decent cars to take to be chopped up and sold for parts and also for those wishing to store them for use in future crimes.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I don't lock doors and regularly leave my car open all night.

I find it unsettling when folk lock me in their house even though several people are in there.

How petrified of life do you have to be to lock doors when you'e in?

I was in a place like that.  Fortunately I got out after 6 months.

I don't lock doors and regularly leave my car open all night.
I find it unsettling when folk lock me in their house even though several people are in there.
How petrified of life do you have to be to lock doors when you'e in?

Lock you in? Like you can’t leave?
Is that a Tommy Sheridan Party?

Archived