Queens v St Mirren

14 hours ago, Flash said:

Wow.

Have you tried this?

https://www.splitticketing.com/

Don't even get me started...

If it works, you can save money. When it doesn't, you're fucked.

I had a train booked using split ticketing on Saturday, from Newcastle to Rugby. I had a dinner reservation, and then a surprise party to attend, and time was tight.

My train was cancelled. The split tickets I'd bought didn't work on any trains that would have got me there at a reasonable time. It cost me £109 to get a single to Bham New Street on the next train. 

Fucking livid! (I'm getting the money back, I think, but still, spent the whole weekend in a fucking stinking mood.)

#TripAdvisorforthisPish

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could do this with an off-peak or anytime ticket, but not with an advance which doesn’t allow you to break your journey. Might not matter at Carlisle station if you can move between platforms without going through a barrier. But might be charged extra on the return journey to London if you don’t get on the train in Glasgow. Apologies to everyone else thinking “Tripadvisor for this pish.”

I can't see how they would know if the guy hopped off and on at Carlisle. No barriers at Carlisle and it'd have to be a right observant guard who notices him get back on. He could just say he got on Glasgow.

ETA. Given the discussion is regarding an Essex dwelling St Mirren fan I think the appropriate topic is definitely 'C*nts on a train'b)

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't see how they would know if the guy hopped off and on at Carlisle. No barriers at Carlisle and it'd have to be a right observant guard who notices him get back on. He could just say he got on Glasgow.

ETA. Given the discussion is regarding an Essex dwelling St Mirren fan I think the appropriate topic is definitely 'C*nts on a train'b)

Fair enough. Advance tickets have reserved seats, so maybe the train manager ;) would notice that the seat wasn’t occupied at Glasgow.  The rule is that you’re not supposed to break your journey, but I have no idea how they go about enforcing that or whether they do or not.     I guess it just depends on whether you think it is worth the risk and the cost involved if you get caught out.

Fair enough. Advance tickets have reserved seats, so maybe the train manager [emoji6] would notice that the seat wasn’t occupied at Glasgow.  The rule is that you’re not supposed to break your journey, but I have no idea how they go about enforcing that or whether they do or not.     I guess it just depends on whether you think it is worth the risk and the cost involved if you get caught out.

I think you're giving that role a bit too much credit...

O/T but FAO Skyline Drifter. I have a family voucher for a game. Do I take it to the usual ticket collection point or just go to the office?

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think you're giving that role a bit too much credit...

O/T but FAO Skyline Drifter. I have a family voucher for a game. Do I take it to the usual ticket collection point or just go to the office?

Take it to a ticket office. They'll swap for match tickets.

23 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I must have missed that Queens scored 5 against Dunfermline the other week...  

3 points would be massive.  

Shame, let me tell you it was a thing of beauty. Sir Stephen at his best.:)

Anyway back to Saturday, yep 3 points would be massive but I hope the rain stays away as it will make the surface terribly slippery.

Hope we adopt a positive attitude on Sat. We gave DU far too much respect and failed to impose ourselves on the match. If we give Morgan the sort of space afforded to the likes of McMullan, King and Fraser we will be unlikely to ride our luck two weeks in a row.

If on the other hand we go out with a positive attitude and play a similar style to our EEP performance there is no reason that we cannot get the 3 points.

Saints have had a couple of drubbings away from home and are not infallible. It will be interesting to see what version of Queens turns up on Sat.

Danny Dyer's not from Essex.....you muuuuuug! [emoji6]

Can't believe how quiet this thread is, really looking forward to tomorrow's match. Two of my favorite players of recent years playing. Just wish I could have seen them playing for us.

On 19/12/2017 at 08:51, essex_saint said:

7.30am train up from Euston to Glasgow, meet my auld man then 12pm train back down to Dumfries for the game. Madness but hopefully see us top of the league at Xmas. COYS!

Think the 12.13 from Glasgow to Dumfries is now leaving from Kilmarnock. You’d need to get the 11.43 from Central to connect. Next train to Dumfries is at 13.13 but doesn’t arrive until 14.56. If you see this before Carlisle, maybe best to get off there.

Other alternative is 12.15 X74 bus from Buchanan Street bus station that gets to Dumfries at 14.25

Archived