Queens v St Mirren

3 minutes ago, essex_saint said:

F**^^^€g train from Glasgow to Dumfries at 12.13 has been cancelled!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-42465452

ScotRail said one person was hit between Bathgate and Uphall, and another was struck between Dumfries and Annan.

It has led to disruption to services between Edinburgh and Helenburgh Central, and between Glasgow and Carlisle.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about this, I'd be tempted to drop Morgan to the bench today. I realise that seems a folly, and it's not as if his temperament needs questioned, but with all the stooshie around him just now, and that he's being targetted by the hammer throwers in the league, and that we really need to be able to win key games without him in the side and finally it's also a fake pitch. My only concern is who to play instead. A straight swap on the wing could be someone like Stellios, despite his somewhat crazy performance before I feel given the opportunity to atone he would do so. Smith could also play out wide and use Mullin as support for Reilly.

I am more musing here. Not given it much thought.

21 minutes ago, essex_saint said:

F**^^^€g train from Glasgow to Dumfries at 12.13 has been cancelled!!

See my post just above yours - you could maybe try to hoof it up to Buchanan St. for the 12.15 bus, gets in at 14.25, extra cost of course.

Or 13.13 train gets in at 14.56 and taxi to the ground, missing the first few minutes. Or get off at Motherwell, taxi to Hamilton to pick up the X74 bus there. Eta bus is 12.40 at Hamilton, but not sure if your train stops at Motherwell.

On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 18:03, Skyline Drifter said:

They should both be welcomed, though I don't recall any significant reaction at all on Gavin's return last season with Dunfermline. He certainly wasn't booed though. This will be McShane's first return since leaving but there's no reason he should be booed either. Gavin's local relationship with the club will likely make him more popular though.  Although no longer living in the area, he still very occasionally comes to our games and his father does if Gavin isn't playing elsewhere at the same time.

Did not realize Gavin is a QOS fan that is great like to hear things like this and not an old firm fan. Hard game today really hoping for a Saints win to set us up nicely for Friday night's BT game against Dundee United.  

41 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Thinking about this, I'd be tempted to drop Morgan to the bench today. I realise that seems a folly, and it's not as if his temperament needs questioned, but with all the stooshie around him just now, and that he's being targetted by the hammer throwers in the league, and that we really need to be able to win key games without him in the side and finally it's also a fake pitch. My only concern is who to play instead. A straight swap on the wing could be someone like Stellios, despite his somewhat crazy performance before I feel given the opportunity to atone he would do so. Smith could also play out wide and use Mullin as support for Reilly.

I am more musing here. Not given it much thought.

Good idea, I reckon you should let  him clear his head for the rest of the season. Wouldn't be fair to play someone who doesn't want to be there.

Cheers but looks like we are just going to need to drive down now instead. Gutted was looking forward to a wee day out without the car

Get the 13:10 train to Lockerbie which arrives at 14:07. Then either get a taxi or the 81 bus to Dumfries for the last 12 miles. Bus leaves 14:22 and the ground is only a 5 min walk from town.

2 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Good idea, I reckon you should let  him clear his head for the rest of the season. Wouldn't be fair to play someone who doesn't want to be there.

Well I was only meaning that we could drop him against the weakest teams in the league, hence why I suggested this game... :P

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Hopefully. To be fair to Davis he's played a lot of games in a short space of time so maybe needed a rest, with a busy period coming up.

On B&WA there is some chat that it's the fake pitch that is the issue, Ross not wanting to risk him. He does seem happy to risk McKenzie though. I'd imagine his partner will be Baird with Buchanan on the bench, so even if McKenzie suffers a reaction we'll have cover.

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

On B&WA there is some chat that it's the fake pitch that is the issue, Ross not wanting to risk him. He does seem happy to risk McKenzie though. I'd imagine his partner will be Baird with Buchanan on the bench, so even if McKenzie suffers a reaction we'll have cover.

We do have an actual pitch you know.  It does exist.

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

I suppose Davis' injury must be more or a risk on the surface. It was a dislocated knee so a hard surface is more likely to cause issues, than MacKenzie's injury.

I'm not a doctor so could be talking total shite, but it would make sense.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hopefully Morgan has an off day. I don't think any of our possible RBs could contain him fully, I just hope Mercer has learned a few things from the last roasting.

I'd imagine the wind, if it's reportedly as bad as some are saying, will be the final arbiter in many situations rather than the skill of any one player.

Archived