Queens v St Mirren

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's about time the Queens manager realised that Dykes is not going to make it, he was surely the worst Queens player today, and this has been the same for months, he has only pace and height he can't score, but gets picked every week.

He was giving it big licks at 2-0.

Dobbie was a constant threat but Morgans touch and awareness was orgasmic, lost count how many times he ripped the full back.

3 hours ago, mylothedog said:

I will give you that dobbies goal was well taken but it was the first minute of the game and we were caught cold.
Poor defences on both parts tbf. Suppose it's one of the reasons that makes this league the best in Scotland

Please stop comparing the goals the respective sides conceded for calamitousness.  That was the contest we won.

12 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He was giving it big licks at 2-0.

Dobbie was a constant threat but Morgans touch and awareness was orgasmic, lost count how many times he ripped the full back.

How high can you count? Morgan is an outstanding player but if he "ripped" Mercer more than a couple times today I didn't see it. He left him tackling thin air at one point in the first half granted.

Several "Quee-eens" fans bemoaning that our goals came from defensive errors (also palmy_cammy, the third goal was a tap in not a header).

But what of Queens goals? Also defensive errors, two howlers by Gary McKenzie making his first appearance in 4 months.

The first he is up and down for the high ball before it reaches him, it goes over his head and lands at Dobbie's feet albeit was a good finish.

The second he goes for the ball with no conviction, it goes right through him straight to Kane who also finishes well.

Just as well GMcK redeemed himself later on 8)

The defending was dreadful for all 5 goals.

As SD said, where do you start?

Storming start, and the longer it stayed at 2-0 the more comfortable it felt, until THAT comedy goal. From then on it was game on. 

Someone completely missed a tackle for number 2,  need the replay to see who.

Although Morgan had a few wonderful moments,  I thought we played him well. Stirling was doubling up and his crosses were being dealt with.

Around me Tapping was being heavily criticised for contributing so little. He had a great opportunity to shoot or cross from just inside the box, and instead floated one into the terracing.

We were also seething with frustration over getting free kicks in good positions then giving away a cheap foul, that happened thrice in the last 15 minutes.

It was certainly entertaining, just the result that jars......

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Several "Quee-eens" fans bemoaning that our goals came from defensive errors (also palmy_cammy, the third goal was a tap in not a header).

But what of Queens goals? Also defensive errors, two howlers by Gary McKenzie making his first appearance in 4 months.

The first he is up and down for the high ball before it reaches him, it goes over his head and lands at Dobbie's feet albeit was a good finish.

The second he goes for the ball with no conviction, it goes right through him straight to Kane who also finishes well.

Just as well GMcK redeemed himself later on 8)

The defending was dreadful for all 5 goals.

Right this is getting as ridiculous as some of our defending now.

Nobody is denying that St Mirren looked good going forward, were quick, lively and incisive and did very well to haul themselves back into the game and ultimately win it.

The Dobbie goal however, saw him control the ball with his chest, drive forward and hit a beautiful, early low strike into the corner on the half volley.  It was a brilliant goal.  Any slight error that preceded it, certainly didn't dictate it.  Reilly's first however, was entirely reliant on an utterly disastrous mix up at the back for us.

Now, I like most Queens fans, love Reilly, applauded him from the park today and am pleased to see him resurrect his career.  That goal however, was a very unusual gift.  

To pretend that all the goals today were born of similarly weak defending is bonkers.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The Dobbie goal however, saw him control the ball with his chest, drive forward and hit a beautiful, early low strike into the corner on the half volley.  It was a brilliant goal. 

True and I did say it was a good finish.

Any slight error that preceded it, certainly didn't dictate it.

If McKenzie times his jump correctly he heads the ball away then Dobbie mutters "curses, I would have been through on goal had he missed that".

All 5 goals were the result of defensive errors.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

True and I did say it was a good finish.

If McKenzie times his jump correctly he heads the ball away then Dobbie mutters "curses, I would have been through on goal had he missed that".

All 5 goals were the result of defensive errors.

Yes, but you also said it landed at Dobbie's feet.  It didn't.

Yes, there were errors ahead of all five goals, but not all of them were comparable in scale or nature.

Not that it matters much.  That was obviously a great and important win for St Mirren and I hope they go on and win it, given that I don't suppose we can.  Allow us to lament the defending round that first Reilly goal though, for Christ's sake.  It was cruel and unusual.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but you also said it landed at Dobbie's feet.  It didn't.

Yes, there were errors ahead of all five goals, but not all of them were comparable in scale or nature.

Not that it matters much.  That was obviously a great and important win for St Mirren and I hope they go on and win it, given that I don't suppose we can.  Allow us to lament the defending round that first Reilly goal though, for Christ's sake.  It was cruel and unusual.

Fair enough :lol:

1 hour ago, The Caul Back said:

It's about time the Queens manager realised that Dykes is not going to make it, he was surely the worst Queens player today, and this has been the same for months, he has only pace and height he can't score, but gets picked every week.

I'm also astounded by the fact that Dykes is an automatic pick for Queens and amazed how many 90 mins he's completed this season.

Fantastic result down there, especially from 2 nil down. Great to see Gary Mack back and among the goals too, he’s a fantastic asset in both boxes when he’s fit.

All set up for a cracker on Friday evening against United now.

1 minute ago, queenslad said:

Why was Dobbie booked after scoring? Didn't see it clearly but did he remove his shirt - seemed hash!

Ref has to use some discretion early goal and 100th goal for club

He was booked for lifting his shirt to reveal a message. Its pathetic but thems the rules. He would have known when he did it what the likely outcome was. Referees dont have any discretion on that.

3 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Why was Dobbie booked after scoring? Didn't see it clearly but did he remove his shirt - seemed hash!

Ref has to use some discretion early goal and 100th goal for club

No he doesn`t.

It`s either a bookable offence or not (I wasn`t there) but we can`t expect the ref to take the context of a goal into account.

Archived