Queens v St Mirren

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I don`t know the rule but suspect it`s any sort of message. That takes away any need for a ref to consider if the "message" is offensive or not. 

Just had a look. In fact just lifting your shirt over your head or taking it off completely as part of a goal celebration is a cautionable offence. Its nothing to do with what message may or may not be underneath.

There is an example of a player in the US who thought he would be smart and wore two team shirts, one under the other. When he scored he ripped off the top one and threw it into the crowd thinking ge would be fine with his second shirt underneath. He was wrong. He got booked and as a result sent off as he had already been booked.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Just had a look. In fact just lifting your shirt over your head or taking it off completely as part of a goal celebration is a cautionable offence. Its nothing to do with what message may or may not be underneath.

There is an example of a player in the US who thought he would be smart and wore two team shirts, one under the other. When he scored he ripped off the top one and threw it into the crowd thinking ge would be fine with his second shirt underneath. He was wrong. He got booked and as a result sent off as he had already been booked.

Cheers SD. 

3 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Can’t believe we have been this lucky all season long.

The amount of times we have caught teams when their defence is having a nightmare  is remarkably lucky.

I wasn`t there but from those who were it`s pretty clear that we gifted at least 1 goal today. Nobody is suggesting that St Mirren were lucky, in fact there seems to be a general acceptance from our fans that St Mirren were a real threat going forward today.

27 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The amount of times we have caught teams when their defence is having a nightmare  is remarkably lucky.

Gavin Reilly gives most defences nightmares 

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is anyone saying that was Queens' worst game of the season though?

If so, I missed it.

Apologies for paraphrasing.

I posted my response earlier after a number of responses implying that all Saints goals were down to Queen’s failings.

We'll that was entertaining but disappointing. Sir Stephen scoring what must be one if not the fastest goal scored at Palmerston then to go 2 up so quickly we looked as though we would be on easy Street. Oh how wrong eh.

Gav did what Gav does and it was game on. Both defenses were awful at times with St Mirren looking as though the were terrified of Dobbies skill and Kane's pace. We really miss Jacob's when he went off, just hope he won't be missing for to long although it didn't look good with the ref immediately calling for the physio.

We really should have got something out of the game especially after the start we had. As good as Dobbie and Kane were, our defence were bad. McShane and Morgan had good games for them but I thought Gav was the best player on the park. Nice to see him not celebrating when he scored and I was surprised but pleased when he was subbed. Like quite a few Queens supporters I was has happy to applaud him off. I've always said my dream strike force would be Dobbie and Reilly, yesterday showed why. Shame we'll never get to see it.

6 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Yeah, you're right. Our defending for your first goal has been as comical as that all season and it's only Reilly that has been good enough to carve out the half-chance he scored from.

What the hell is brownlie doing for the first goal ? Martin has clearly shouted as both players reaction says it all. The second Kerr has to be much stronger, I'm not sure it was a foul but either way he is a 6 foot plus centre back and should be taking everything with him if need be. The third is just laughable but looks like we managed to block our own player from tracking McKenzie. Think it's Kerr again who loses his man.  

He was giving it big licks at 2-0.

Dobbie was a constant threat but Morgans touch and awareness was orgasmic, lost count how many times he ripped the full back.

I agree 100% with the Morgan comment. I think the best you can say about Mercer's performance was that he undoubtedly got better as the game went on and when he switched to left back he did do a whole lot better.

For the first hour Morgan ripped him to shreds at will - I don't think I have ever seen a visiting winger cause so much mayhem in such a period.

Worth bearing in mind amid the debate about defensive mistakes that most goals at this level will come from a mistake of some sort. We are set up to attack with pace, harry defences, force errors and capitalise on them.

Opponents seem to think they are gifting us goals; we get pissy at the implication that we're not winning games for ourselves. The truth is somewhere in between. We should take it as a compliment, while opponents should understand that we have contributed to those errors. (Obviously, Queens, sometimes gifts are just gifts.)

Defenses at this level will naturally shite themselves against pace and movement. Smith, Gav and Morgan put so much pressure on that mistakes become inevitable. You still need the skill and composure to finish. 

7 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Has this now just become a way of winding us up?

I could respect that.  I fear though, that people might mean it.

Archived