Queens v St Mirren

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png

200553777475c00845d8e42df94c0c15.jpg

1f3fa202e07998dd045540f550cd34e0.jpg

Aye, it's a bit more central than I recall. If the bottom corner had a ball sized hole the ball would have rolled right through. It's about as in the corner as you can get ffs.

If you roll it back to you where the ball crossed for  six yard line you'll see how central it was. That's where I feel it could have been saved.

I'm not putting Dobbie's down, I know you all love him, I'm just saying Samson was slow to get down.

Edited to add: it crossed the line about 3 feet in from the post. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From watching the video, my first thought on Dobbie's goal was that Samson should have done better, it was nowhere near right in at the post. Having said that, Dobbie takes it on far earlier than anyone would expect, so catches the keeper flat footed.

It's a good goal, but he's had many better.

From watching the video, my first thought on Dobbie's goal was that Samson should have done better, it was nowhere near right in at the post. Having said that, Dobbie takes it on far earlier than anyone would expect, so catches the keeper flat footed.

It's a good goal, but he's had many better.

The voice of reason.

1 minute ago, Kingston Bud said:

From watching Dobbies goal from the camera in the net Sammy goes down slower than costal erosion

Yet again Samson picking up a lot of stick from Saints fans when the goals package show him to have been less blundersome than his oppo..................................8)

He is what he is, a Championship/Bottom 6 keeper.

I was in the St Mirren end on Saturday and thought Dobbies goal was a cracking goal at the time. 

The reason it is so good is because he hits it so early, I wouldn’t apportion too much blame to Samson tbh. 

I’m not making comparisons but it’s the sort of goal Messi scores on a regular basis; an amazing first touch to control and a measured finish that is arrowed into the bottom corner. 

9 hours ago, TeeMan said:

From my vantage point in the new stand you could almost see Brownlie's mind working as he saw Reilly running on to it. I don't think he was ever going to get the ball and pulled out but without that booking I'd imagine he'd have had made the tackle and brought down Reilly.

Exactly this, any tackle soon after his ridiculous booking for "time wasting" was risking a sending off.

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’m not making comparisons....

Well that seems fair I mean who would you compare him to?

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

...but it’s the sort of goal Messi scores on a regular basis

:lol:

Oh, IrishBoy, I would just like to congratulate you for making my Christmas morning full of mirth.

The 2 Queens goals and our 2nd were very well taken goals for different reasons.

Dobbie caught Samson out by taking it early, Kane's was a neat finish and Reilly showed great composure when he had plenty of time to think about where he was going to place the ball.

Merry Christmas everyone.

If Reilly had those chances against Dunfermline he'd have missed the target with both, evidently loves the Pars more.

I was speaking to Gavin in the pub after the game. He was in with his Dad and both are big Queens fans. I wouldn’t say that Gav is desperate to leave the Saints but put it this way...if a bigger club comes in for him during this transfer window he’ll be off like a shot!

I was speaking to Gavin in the pub after the game. He was in with his Dad and both are big Queens fans. I wouldn’t say that Gav is desperate to leave the Saints but put it this way...if a bigger club comes in for him during this transfer window he’ll be off like a shot!

I was taking the piss a bit, Reilly had a bad time at the Pars, he seemed dreadfully unhappy whenever he played tbf.

I don't think posts like the above though are very respectful to his present employers or fans though, I'd probably recommend rewording/deleting it, Reilly has probably said whatever he's said in confidence.

26 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Well this person is clearly "in the know".

Someone who has rattled in 18 goals in a team sitting at the top of the league and after a season of hell with another club, it's clear he is desperate to get away. In fact, I'd go so far as to say let's just let him go for free, cancel his contract and wish him well for the future as it's plain to everyone how unhappy he is at St Mirren.

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I was taking the piss a bit, Reilly had a bad time at the Pars, he seemed dreadfully unhappy whenever he played tbf.

I don't think posts like the above though are very respectful to his present employers or fans though, I'd probably recommend rewording/deleting it, Reilly has probably said whatever he's said in confidence.

He didnt enjoy his time at Dunfermline at all. I dont think thats any surprise. Dont know if Mustafa is just mischief making but I know he is loving it at St Mirren. At the end of the day he is contracted to St Mirren. He wont be going anywhere in the window unless it suits them. That most footballers would go to a bigger club given the chance is no great revelation though.

1 hour ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I was speaking to Gavin in the pub after the ga poiame. He was in with his Dad and both are big Queens fans. I wouldn’t say that Gav is desperate to leave them  but put it this way...if a bigger club comes in for him during this transfer window he’ll be off like a shot!

I was speaking to Gavs dad who said he loved it at St Mirren as he hsd a point to prove after last season and it was great getting the chance to prove what he was capable of. He said Gav's contracted until the end of the season and has unfinished business in the Prem and would be pleased if he could do it with the buddies. However like any other player and like the boy Lewis, if a bigger team comes in players move on.

I was speaking to Gavs dad who said he loved it at St Mirren as he hsd a point to prove after last season and it was great getting the chance to prove what he was capable of. He said Gav's contracted until the end of the season and has unfinished business in the Prem and would be pleased if he could do it with the buddies. However like any other player and like the boy Lewis, if a bigger team comes in players move on.

Did he start any business in the Premier League?

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Or not at all:lol:

The lad is a quality player and it’s a shame his move to Hearts didn’t work out for him. Had he been given a run in his favourite position then who knows what might have happened. My Jambo season ticket holding workmate certainly rated him as did many other of their fans.
If he continues to play well and score goals this season then bigger clubs will come knocking. When they do I wish Gav all the best and I suspect he will be in a far better position at his age now to take the opportunity with both hands......or should that be feet?!!

Archived