Falkirk 0 v The Dobbie Machine.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean this is all good fun in here, but I think us and the Queens fans are going to have to sit down and have a good chat about this, because if we want promotion out of this league, it certainly does seem that we either have to wait until Stephen Dobbie is too old to run*, or roll him up in a carpet and dump him in the docks.

*Option 1 may not be enough. Option 2 preferred.

He’s never been too good at the running part. The way he can just casually stroll past players at ease though, would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Just look at him though, has there ever been a more beautiful specimen seen by man?

e064d5c5dd2a5ff375e4c9a17487c3ef.jpg

Why I am not as optimistic about this as the Bairns fans are pessimistic? We’ve gubbed Falkirk twice so far, but that counts for nothing.  Dobbie can be brilliant, but it doesn’t always come off for him every game. 

I’m a bit uneasy about this game. Falkirk fans, reassure me - are you really that bad?!

1 minute ago, QOSQOS said:

Why I am not as optimistic about this as the Bairns fans are pessimistic? We’ve gubbed Falkirk twice so far, but that counts for nothing.  Dobbie can be brilliant, but it doesn’t always come off for him every game. 

I’m a bit uneasy about this game. Falkirk fans, reassure me - are you really that bad?!

8 draws one win.... This season

One home league win since Feb 18th...

Is that enough ?

Yes

it's nine months since we won a league match at home

...or put another way we haven't scored in our last five games. our strike force consists of Rory loy who hasn't scored this season, lee Miller who hasn't scored in the league this season, ohara (currently serving an eight match ban) who hasn't scored this season, we've just released Nathan Austin who has scored just one league goal this season (first 5 minutes of the season). we also sent scott shepperd out on loan who hadnt scored all season and signed longridge who hasnt scored. I'm a season ticket holder who has seen 3 goals this season. it's very likely that if you score just one goal you'll win the game. we look like we could play for hours on end without scoring. oh and we've just shut our academy but if you listen to our marketing dept for this season it's #ourtime

I'm missing the game but if going would be looking forward to watching dobbie playing. only positive is our defence seems to be tightening up

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

...or put another way we haven't scored in our last five games. our strike force consists of Rory loy who hasn't scored this season, lee Miller who hasn't scored in the league this season, ohara (currently serving an eight match ban) who hasn't scored this season, we've just released Nathan Austin who has scored just one league goal this season (first 5 minutes of the season). we also sent scott shepperd out on loan who hadnt scored all season and signed longridge who hasnt scored. I'm a season ticket holder who has seen 3 goals this season. it's very likely that if you score just one goal you'll win the game. we look like we could play for hours on end without scoring. oh and we've just shut our academy but if you listen to our marketing dept for this season it's #ourtime

Jeez, that actually is quite impressively bad.

Sadly though, all it does is convince me that such a run is due to end and is bound to do so on Saturday.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeez, that actually is quite impressively bad.

Sadly though, all it does is convince me that such a run is due to end and is bound to do so on Saturday.

Falkirk might not have the sort of attacking threat to leave us quaking in our boots, but as Saturday past showed, we are more than capable of causing problems for ourselves.  Granted, Falkirk have no-one on the books as good as Gavin Reilly at harrying defenders and forcing them into making errors.

It's the makeshift team we are going to be forced into playing that makes it a bit of a lottery.  What might count in our favour is that I'm guessing a lot of the Falkirk team might be making their last ever appearance for the club and may well have their thoughts elsewhere.

Another big difference between the last two games is that Falkirk look to have finally accepted that they are terrible and resorted to being as stodgy as possible. Which seeing as we’ve not exactly looked particularly clever against, I’m less confident than last time. That being said Falkirk are the only side to make Tapping look good so I’d be disappointed if we didn’t win again.

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Falkirk might not have the sort of attacking threat to leave us quaking in our boots, but as Saturday past showed, we are more than capable of causing problems for ourselves.  

Indeed. We have conceded 10 goals in the last 5 games, including 2 own goals and one on Saturday that was as good as an own goal. I think 6 of the 10 have come from crosses into the 6 yard box.

I'm missing the game but if going would be looking forward to watching dobbie playing. only positive is our defence seems to be tightening up

But do you think we will win?

Archived