Gary Neville

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Anyone else got the ‘Can’t be arsed to return to work’ vibe?

Yeh, caught that bug when I was 53 and retired.

Only set the alarm when there an away game or a plane to catch. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, throbber said:

Was Kinross somewhere it was meant to stop and he took the wrong turn off or did he think that was the correct way to go to Edinburgh? I’m a bit confused here.

Yes it was a scheduled stop. Which is strange on a megabus granted, but the guy behind me was raging the driver missed the turn off which alerted me to the fact.

I know it well x

A disgrace that they moved it away from there, the location was one of the best things about the festival and Strathallan was just an attempted money saving exercise that failed spectacularly. I often drive by the old site and park up and reminisce about happier times.

Just now, throbber said:

A disgrace that they moved it away from there, the location was one of the best things about the festival and Strathallan was just an attempted money saving exercise that failed spectacularly. I often drive by the old site and park up and reminisce about happier times.

I didn't even bother going to the Strathallan one was I knew it would be crap with all the #noises and #murmurs going about. It's a shame that nothing whatsoever has replaced it. A lot of people claim TITP is an utter bam fest but if you just steer away from them it's fantastic.

I didn't even bother going to the Strathallan one was I knew it would be crap with all the #noises and #murmurs going about. It's a shame that nothing whatsoever has replaced it. A lot of people claim TITP is an utter bam fest but if you just steer away from them it's fantastic.

I was the same and knew strathallan wouldn’t work, the access roads going to it aren’t fit for purpose compared to Balado which was right off the motorway but yet able to feel like it was in a remote enough location.

It’s replaced by TRMST but it will never be the same. Maybe the 18-25 demographic don’t see the appeal in festivals that involve camping anymore as it will mean less time away from their smart phones but it will never be the same again sadly.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I was the same and knew strathallan wouldn’t work, the access roads going to it aren’t fit for purpose compared to Balado which was right off the motorway but yet able to feel like it was in a remote enough location.

It’s replaced by TRMST but it will never be the same. Maybe the 18-25 demographic don’t see the appeal in festivals that involve camping anymore as it will mean less time away from their smart phones but it will never be the same again sadly.

I thought TRMST wasn't a camping festival though? Camping is half the fun really as you allude to. I do plan on going to TRSMT next summer actually, so I'll write a lengthy review for you after the event. 

I thought TRMST wasn't a camping festival though? Camping is half the fun really as you allude to. I do plan on going to TRSMT next summer actually, so I'll write a lengthy review for you after the event. 

I know it’s not camping, it’s just because you said there was absolutely nothing to replace it which wasn’t exactly correct.

I’m probably too old for it all now anyway and wouldn’t possibly be able to enjoy myself as much as I did back then so will probably never go to anything like that again. I did say I wanted to try Glastonbury one year but I don’t know if
It will happen now.

Glad T in The Park got binned.

Real music fans were gradually pushed aside when they started putting in slam tents and fucking DJ's on the main stage, the last few years it just became a haven for neds and bams to get as fucked out their faces as possible and act like utter scumbags.

Dont bring it back.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Glad T in The Park got binned.

Real music fans were gradually pushed aside when they started putting in slam tents and fucking DJ's on the main stage, the last few years it just became a haven for neds and bams to get as fucked out their faces as possible and act like utter scumbags.

Dont bring it back.

Agree. In it's last couple of years, Wickerman was attracting the neds too. Can't beat Belladrum and Kelburn.

Archived