Top 30 Scottish football grounds 2018

PB 4.2

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disgusted by the lack of Central Park in the top 30.  The only ground in Scotland to have a gravestone (I imagine).  Give me this over sitting in a 1 stand stadium anyday.

Yes it's a shit hole but it's my shit hole.  You can get a cracking view from the terracing and the noise that can be generated in the old stand is fantastic.  Is it the only wooden stand left in Scottish football?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF9af8FNtpoChpmJ3HaTwIfcRXu64FC7CYV0AccyWb0h1Gx3_K
It's not changed a bit [emoji38]
Ayr a deserved winner though.  

The main stands at Firhill, Fir Park and I think Tannadice as well are all still wooden. I'm sure there will be a few others as well. Possibly Pittodrie?

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The main stands at Firhill, Fir Park and I think Tannadice as well are all still wooden. I'm sure there will be a few others as well. Possibly Pittodrie?

Tannadice?

rh4c2o.jpg

You can see the skeleton of the stand in the picture above (any excuse to post it is always good!). It's clearly made of steel beams. The facings were built with brick. The original seats were wooden, but that was common everywhere

I'm no football snob but I would say stenhousemuir is a better ground to watch football than Ayr or Central Park.

Every view in Cowdenbeath is obscured plus you have the rigmarole of the track and the ball going out of play all the time. I've enjoyed watching the ball boys more than the football at times. It's probably the worst footballing arena in Scotland, including most juniors.

Ayr is ok but there's no running water and the view isn't great.

Morton is shit unless you are in wde.

On 1/29/2018 at 15:46, Hedgecutter said:

In an age where Mrs Brown's Boys can win polls such as best sitcom of the 21st Century, Ayr winning this doesn't come as the shock one might have expected. 

Anyway, I'll do the honours for the Glebe:

glebepark-679x395.jpg

Can't find a photo of it, but a little known fact is that the top corner of the main stand has a  little house for one of the supporters' cat .

Thought that was Wimbledon.

15 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I think East End’s is - pretty sure that’s why smoking was banned in it after the Bradford fire. 

On 1/29/2018 at 12:08, Gaz FFC said:

On p&b you'll read shite about crappy dumps being 'atmospheric' and new stadiums being 'lego land'. Worst offenders being Ayr and Morton.

In reality they are just like reliving your youth from a time best left in the past. They have no place in 2018 Scottish football

post-11540-0-79047800-1381521049.png

Somerset Park isn't particularly historic; Station Park offers a far better seaside league ground that is actually maintained. 

Archived