Top 30 Scottish football grounds 2018

PB 4.2

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Number 9 features the location of tonight's BBC question time.   With 500 points Queen of the south
s-l300.jpg

I haven't visited this ground but I have travelled to Dumfries before and it's a horrible place.  The Alloa of the south if you will.    But sometimes when you have nothing you can rally round your football team, and Queen's have always been well supported.    

Google tells me the East stand holds nearly 2,100 queen-of-the-south-fc-palmerston-park-east-stand-1435051364.jpg

The main stand a few hundred less queen-of-the-south-fc-palmerston-park-main-stand-1435051364.jpg

queen-of-the-south-fc-palmerston-park-portland-drive-terrace-1435051368.jpg

queen-of-the-south-fc-palmerston-park-terregles-end-1435051368.jpg

If you’re gonna show the stadia, get a video....

Time for number 13 on the list to be revealed.     
Think about the Amazon warehouse.   The Kingsgate Shopping Centre.   The Halbeath Interchange.   Booze Cruises to the 'Dam.    The Shark Tunnel.   The Queensferry Crossing (under budget).   The Queen Margret Hospital. The home of middle-class commuters who can't afford property in the capital.     
Yes!  I'm talking about the 10th biggest place, the 20th best team and number 13 on the list for East End Park the home of Dunfermline Athletic football club. 
 East-End-Park.jpg    

The origins of the name isn't known, but it's rumoured to be because the park is in the East end of Dunfermline.    The Stadium was redeveloped in the late 1990s to prepare for top level football.   For many, it made their demotion to  League 2 for the 13/14 season all the funnier.    The ground is fitted with around 11,000 red plastic seats - but not everyone uses the seat provided.   Cast your eyes to the bottom-left of the photograph and you'll Dunfermline has sadly swallowed this equality pish, with a nicely concreted concourse - where paraplegics can pay a lesser price for a superior view.    Thankfully the cherubic steward with orange-viz is watching them like a hawk.    I like to hope he's behind the tight parking spaces, and the painted reminder they cannot walk.   
image.jpeg.d57bd51c2b609c126ea827fb38972f01.jpeg

East End Park has, of course, hosted some glorious European nights during the 60's when Scottish teams went deep in Europe.    Dunfermline's greatest result is arguably mauling an excellent Valencia side 6-2 at home.   It was during the 1960's which Dunfermline hosted their record crowd of 27,816 against Celtic.   
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn4XDsFXETFWqHiqiqy3_UaqYz5hYvOHJsmlGSJFHEVBD7Gdrhxw
image.jpeg.dbf9df60fa93d20ba146e212a78e25c9.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ69KtKbtgJJL-4JHwhtEcrQm4K3tYu3WjGF1ojVDYD_BEeNiyd

League 2? 7th place in League 1 you absolute walloper. But you can’t hear me because I’m on ignore...

On 25/01/2018 at 23:59, Black and White Tragic said:

League 2? 7th place in League 1 you absolute walloper. But you can’t hear me because I’m on ignore...

P and B isn't an audio-platform.  

Care to meet for an arm wrestle?    

Number 8 and it's the highest ranking junior ground and home to Pollok F.C.    With 600 points it's Newlandsfield Park.  

Related image

image.thumb.png.614c0008e17d23e836404874def35fa7.png

Related image

I've never visited Newlandsfield Park so I'm relying entirely on Google for this.    Pollok F.C was founded in 1908, the ground has a capacity of 5,000, they're currently managed by Alan McInally.   Although rarely filled, Pollok enjoy one of the larger supports in junior football averaging around 650 through the gate for a home match.     The ground is situated in the town of Glasgow which has the genius location of being exactly the same distance from Lugton and Carbeth.   The ground is well served by public transport with Pollok east station only a couple of minutes from the ground.    Given its location, It will be on bus routes.    

Situated close by is Pollok country park which I have visited before for a wedding.    (QUICK TIP:   Pollok house is a shite wedding venue)  and a well-stocked Homebase and I'm beginning to appreciate the 'full-day out' experience offered by a visit to Newlandsfield and surrounds.   

One of the more aggressive members of the forum criticised the lack of video in a previous 'write-up'.     So here's a wee drone video of Newlandsfield Park - number 8 on the list.   

Right can't be fooked copying any more pics here was the full result 30-1.  

30th Stirling Albion 180 points 

29th Falkirk  190 points 

28th Livingston 190 points ( more 1st choice votes) 

27th Hampden Park 200 points 

26th Motherwell 210 points 

25th Kilmarnock 220 points 

24th Inverness 280 points 

23rd Edinburgh City 290 points 

22nd Annan Athletic 290 points ( more 1st choice votes)  

21st East Fife 320 points 

20th Peterhead 330 points 

19th Berwick Rangers 350 points 

18th  Dundee United 360 points 

17th Montrose 360 points (higher ranked votes) 

16th Stenhousemuir 370 points 

15th Lesmahagow  380 points 

14th Forfar 420 points 

13th Dunfermline 430 points 

12th Rangers 440 points 

11th Raith Rovers 450 points 

10th Hibs 500 points 

9th Queen of the south 500 ( more 1st place votes) 

8th Pollok 600 points 

7th Celtic 690 points 

6th Ross County 720 points 

5th Brechin 780 points 

4th Morton 840 points 

3rd Arbroath 900 points 

2nd Hearts 1140 points 

1st Ayr United 1230 points 

Unbelievable that Wick's Harmsworth Park never got in the top 30, Britain's only 3D pitch. You can watch the game from your car if you park on the raised level at the back if it's raining, like a drive in movie. 

250px-Harmsworth_Park_-_geograph-2094247

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Unbelievable that Wick's Harmsworth Park never got in the top 30, Britain's only 3D pitch. You can watch the game from your car if you park on the raised level at the back if it's raining, like a drive in movie. 

250px-Harmsworth_Park_-_geograph-2094247

Perhaps you should have voted for it 2 x 1st place = 200 points made the top 30.  

6 minutes ago, supermik said:

Will that be classed as a links pitch and putt?

Yes.  There's two GC's in Arbroath I've played Letham Grange.   The other course looks like it's build of link land - as does this Pitch n' putt. 

Archived