Aberdeen v Hearts

And McKenna who was once again very good yesterday. Considering some of the dross Scotland have had to endure at centre back in recent years, his performances must be getting attention.

Agree with all the above other than the omission of McKenna from that list of players. Every bit as good a player as Souttar and taller, stronger, and faster also. Albeit with less experience in the top flight as yet.
The fact that they're the u21 national team pairing now would suggest a strong future in the centre of defence for the national team. Both excellent players tbh.

Indeed both correct. Early days for McKenna but outstanding for us yesterday and has been for weeks. Berra and Arnason pivotal to develop these lads. Both McKenna and Souttar knocking on the door for call ups in March

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with all the above other than the omission of McKenna from that list of players. Every bit as good a player as Souttar and taller, stronger, and faster also. Albeit with less experience in the top flight as yet.

Genetically speaking, Mckenna is a beautiful specimen for playing centre half. It is early days, but he looks like he has been playing at this level for years. Hopefully he can continue to develop and fulfil his potential.

1 hour ago, Craigie Jambo said:

No, we were happy to set a new record for clean sheets in a row

Steady on, Craigie.

1 hour ago, 2pac said:

I personally thought it was pathetic players throwing shirts in the crowd celebrating a 0-0 draw

Depending on who those players were, they might be away in this window - might have been their last game for us. 

6 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Good point with half a team.

That's it right there - and finishing the game with ten men.

It's a longish journey from Edinburgh to Aberdeen - a lot of our fans were half pished, mind.

15 hours ago, DC92 said:

No, the gameplan was to sit in and hit Aberdeen on the break and it would have worked perfectly if it weren't for incompetent finishing/final passes. We had at least 4 or 5 very good openings, including two missed sitters.

Aberdeen fans must be the biggest moaning-faced c***s around. Every time we play they've got some sort of fucking grievance. 

Aberdeen fans hailed beardy as a tactical genius for playing that way against Sevco last season.

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

This is not a whinge, merely pointing out a statistic. Hearts 22 matches this season have produced only 40 goals. Next lowest in the league are Saints with 51

Aye, that will happen when you are keeping clean sheets.  ;)

Would be handy if we could score a few, mind.

Sounded like a decent 0-0. Hearts fans will be delighted that our supporters are raging about physicality and tinewasting. I know I would be. It's a means to an end, and if it rattles the opposition, all the better.

The Lafferty tackle looked a booking in that grainy gif, but it doesn't give a good impression on if there was excessive force, or reckless intent, two things which make a red card.

Sounds like both goalkeepers played well and it could have been a few more with some better finishing. With that in mind, I can't wait for McGinn back in a red shirt. His finishing is a cut above. (I've spent the crimbo limbo watching his best goals.)

Have a lovely new year Dandies, Jambos I hope you have unsatisfying jobbies all year.

You can see the moment after Lafferty's tackle where Shinnie remembers that he better not react as he is only a yellow card away from a two game ban. 

Given that will be inevitable at some point - and with the piss-poor Motherwell game when he was suspended last time in mind - I think McInnes needs to be studying the fixtures closely to see when this next booking should occur.

Would be good if we had an alternative box to box midfielder in place by then.

3 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Were they splitting their support in two yet again with the 'party songs'? Really glad I had a look at this thread today. 

It's a Hearts thread and you're a Hibs fan.

Of course you're going to have a look Donut.

The Lafferty tackle looked a booking in that grainy gif, but it doesn't give a good impression on if there was excessive force, or reckless intent, two things which make a red card.

Exactly. If Lafferty just wanted to break up play he had an opportunity to just trip Shinnie as he skipped away - he might have got a yella’ for that.

Instead it was a desperate diving lunge from the rear at pace when he had no chance making contact with the ball. Reckless and from behind so was always going to be encroaching on red card territory. I see Hearts have already appealed.

Exactly. If Lafferty just wanted to break up play he had an opportunity to just trip Shinnie as he skipped away - he might have got a yella’ for that.

Instead it was a desperate diving lunge from the rear at pace when he had no chance making contact with the ball. Reckless and from behind so was always going to be encroaching on red card territory. I see Hearts have already appealed.

It'll probably get rescinded. After that Scott Brown one v Ross County last season, it's fair game from now on I'd say.

2 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

It'll probably get rescinded. After that Scott Brown one v Ross County last season, it's fair game from now on I'd say.

Always makes me laugh when I see that word and remember Chic Young catching Lee Wallace (when he was a Hearts player) on Radio Scotland after the post-match warm down.

Chick: That's good news about your red card being rescinded.
Lee: Naw. They've taken it away.

:lol:

4 hours ago, red23 said:

Is that really as good as it gets for you lot? 

Will you be adding that to your honours list to help bulk it up a bit? 

Utterly pathetic :lol:

No, it's going to get a lot better than that; pathetic is not admitting what team you support on an anonymous forum :lol:

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Steady on, Craigie.

Depending on who those players were, they might be away in this window - might have been their last game for us. 

That's it right there - and finishing the game with ten men.

It's a longish journey from Edinburgh to Aberdeen - a lot of our fans were half pished, mind.

Well done, PA, these are indeed other factors, #77 was one who threw the jersey into the crowd (some asked jokingly if he missed) & he can leave (immediately after midnight would be good) but was only pointing out that we were not celebrating a draw, why would we? We had several chances to win & they never looked like scoring :)

=

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Just seen the highlights, looks like Lafferty can't have too many complaints. It's probably right on the border of yellow/red, so seems about right. Echo the comments of those above, Shinnie was a class act after the tackle.

Did Laugherty simply mistime the tackle and trip Shinnie up in trying to get the ball ?

Of course not. He's as thick as shit, the red mist came down and in his frustration at being a talentless, braindead hh*nfuck he lashed out at Shinnie.

It's not the referee's fault that Laugherty is such a pussy he can't even lash out like a man. 

Straight red card, no doubt about it. 

Archived