East Fife V Raith

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

Daylight robbery today and I actually felt we would go on and win it. A shocking bit of play by our defender cost us dearly for Raith's 3rd and decisive goal.

Felt East Fife were the better team over the 90 minutes. We played some good stuff and didn't give Rovers much time on the ball.

:lol: Behave. We had about about 3 or 4 more clear cut chances. 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Did Hendry get a run out today?I was in the hospital with the Mrs listening on rathtv. As we went in for a scan it went 1-1, which took me all my time to not shout something. Half way through the scan it was 2-1 and I missed whatever the midwife said. At 2-2 we were in a room on our own so I was finally able to shout for f**k sake only to be clipped over the lug by the mrs. My phone then decided to pack in so didn't find out the score till about 6. I wonder if my seat was resold?

Also if they are on here cheers to the rathtv guys. They do a fantastic job.

Thanking You! Have passed that on to the rest of the RTV squad :-)

There was the same bother the first time round as well. I have a lot of time for East Fife they're our cute wee neighbours and have a pretty good set up for a Jr team. If they can sort this stuff out they might be able to compete with the big boys....

Maybe they could get Dundee to do it for them, seen as they’re too fucking diddy to do it themselves.

8 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Daylight robbery today and I actually felt we would go on and win it. A shocking bit of play by our defender cost us dearly for Raith's 3rd and decisive goal.

Felt East Fife were the better team over the 90 minutes. We played some good stuff and didn't give Rovers much time on the ball.

Gave the so called "big teams" a fright but we need to be taking care of the rest to avoid the danger zone. Keep up with performances like that and we'll be fine.

Happy Fucking New Year!

Behave yourself, Your team canny defend that’s why you got beat no daylight robbery there however I do think a draw would have been a fairer result IMO ! but that’s football . That’s probably the best East Fife could play yet still couldn’t beat an underperforming injury hit Rovers team pleasing

13 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Gave the so called "big teams" a fright but we need to be taking care of the rest to avoid the danger zone. Keep up with performances like that and we'll be fine.

Happy Fucking New Year!

Image result for dirty rotten scoundrels gif

That was a good three points for us yesterday, and the end to a very good festive period in general. Not playing well and still winning is not to be sniffed at. First goal was a good move from our point of view, with Buchanan and Spence splitting the two centre halves and Robertson being the third man running on to the knock down. If you're an East Fife fan you would probably pick up on the fact that we could have literally driven the team coach between the two CB's. The equaliser was shoddy defending from us, a complete inability to clear the ball which culminated with a good header somewhere sort of near the corner. I'm not sure if it's the way Smith doesn't really try for it that makes it looks like he could've done more but it wasn't exactly into the side netting. It shouldn't have ever gotten to that stage either way. The early "whey" from the Rovers fans when 9 has a fresh air shot at the second cross made to look pretty daft. 

Directly after our second Darren Young was half way down the touchline chastising the linesman for not awarding a free kick to his side for what I assume was what he thought was a foul on number 5 by Davidson. Upon viewing the highlights he couldn't have been more wrong - if anything it could've been a penalty! 5 isn't even looking at the ball half the time, instead occupying himself with attempting (and failing) to manhandle Davidson. I'm sure Davo had a few choice words for him whilst he was lying on his arse and the ball was in the net. Certainly a bit of fortune about the finish with it coming off Buchanan's back but it's good to see our front men getting properly amongst the goals. Second East Fife goal is a good free kick - something which Rovers fans aren't exactly unaccustomed to seeing against us. It's been a while since we conceded one but i'm nigh on certain there won't be another team in the land who concedes as many direct free kicks as us. 

Vaughan then got booked for a foul which Euan Murray committed when Lamont was running clean through. A very good foul as i'm pretty sure no one was catching him and he'ed have been in. Liked the look of Lamont, though he fell completely out of the game after an hour or so. Good touch and decent dead balls. Does that booking now take Vaughan on to 5, meaning he's out of the Forfar game? We then got a bit of momentum about us and missed a few chances, the Buchanan one where he was put in by a cross from Vaughan in particular a great chance. The Court for Buchanan sub really swung the game in our favour and the ball suddenly seemed to stick in the final third.

I tweeted towards the end of the game that we had been second best and again didn't seem to have much in the way of a proper attacking tactic and an EF fan that follows me replied saying not to worry and that they'd somehow contrive to throw it away - and they did. No idea what the left back was doing but Vaughan robbed him before crossing it to Court, then Spence and finally when none of them fancied having a shot, Zanatta not so powerfully swung his standing leg at it. The keeper's touch probably only took it away from the boy on the line who could then only hip it into the net. Decent scenes in the away end at the winner.

Zanatta gets it quite tight from our supporters but he's a real danger going forward when he's in that mood. I've not been particularly impressed in the past with him but he's chipping in with goals now and looks like he really cares - not something you could say about the majority of the loanees we've had over the years. Ayr game now looks pretty tasty.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That was a good three points for us yesterday, and the end to a very good festive period in general. Not playing well and still winning is not to be sniffed at. First goal was a good move from our point of view, with Buchanan and Spence splitting the two centre halves and Robertson being the third man running on to the knock down. If you're an East Fife fan you would probably pick up on the fact that we could have literally driven the team coach between the two CB's. The equaliser was shoddy defending from us, a complete inability to clear the ball which culminated with a good header somewhere sort of near the corner. I'm not sure if it's the way Smith doesn't really try for it that makes it looks like he could've done more but it wasn't exactly into the side netting. It shouldn't have ever gotten to that stage either way. The early "whey" from the Rovers fans when 9 has a fresh air shot at the second cross made to look pretty daft. 

Directly after our second Darren Young was half way down the touchline chastising the linesman for not awarding a free kick to his side for what I assume was what he thought was a foul on number 5 by Davidson. Upon viewing the highlights he couldn't have been more wrong - if anything it could've been a penalty! 5 isn't even looking at the ball half the time, instead occupying himself with attempting (and failing) to manhandle Davidson. I'm sure Davo had a few choice words for him whilst he was lying on his arse and the ball was in the net. Certainly a bit of fortune about the finish with it coming off Buchanan's back but it's good to see our front men getting properly amongst the goals. Second East Fife goal is a good free kick - something which Rovers fans aren't exactly unaccustomed to seeing against us. It's been a while since we conceded one but i'm nigh on certain there won't be another team in the land who concedes as many direct free kicks as us. 

Vaughan then got booked for a foul which Euan Murray committed when Lamont was running clean through. A very good foul as i'm pretty sure no one was catching him and he'ed have been in. Liked the look of Lamont, though he fell completely out of the game after an hour or so. Good touch and decent dead balls. Does that booking now take Vaughan on to 5, meaning he's out of the Forfar game? We then got a bit of momentum about us and missed a few chances, the Buchanan one where he was put in by a cross from Vaughan in particular a great chance. The Court for Buchanan sub really swung the game in our favour and the ball suddenly seemed to stick in the final third.

I tweeted towards the end of the game that we had been second best and again didn't seem to have much in the way of a proper attacking tactic and an EF fan that follows me replied saying not to worry and that they'd somehow contrive to throw it away - and they did. No idea what the left back was doing but Vaughan robbed him before crossing it to Court, then Spence and finally when none of them fancied having a shot, Zanatta not so powerfully swung his standing leg at it. The keeper's touch probably only took it away from the boy on the line who could then only hip it into the net. Decent scenes in the away end at the winner.

Zanatta gets it quite tight from our supporters but he's a real danger going forward when he's in that mood. I've not been particularly impressed in the past with him but he's chipping in with goals now and looks like he really cares - not something you could say about the majority of the loanees we've had over the years. Ayr game now looks pretty tasty.

Vaughan needs to have 6 yellows to get a suspension.

The only disappointment for me was that the big flag wasn’t up behind the goals.

Has that lad The Russian given up on East Fife as a bad idea? He used to get himself in a right state about the previous big flag (RIP), which Sevco mutants kidnapped and killed. Who knew a big flag could create these feelings in a human being?

Archived