Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to work out how that was an indirect free kick considering the Raith player could hardly get out of the way. Then when i was watching Reid get booked i was surprised that Adams hadn't been involved in this then five second later he's down on the deck, shock haha.

Have to say it looked like we had the better chances at the end of the second half and could have possibly nicked it, Feguson has to do better with the marking for their player though for their goal so probably a point was about right.

Adams’ header. Deary me, we do seem to like missing one absolute sitter per game! Looked like a penalty on Shankland in the first half, shout for handball near the end was never one though. Looked like we created better chances than Raith even if the game was generally even.
Still feel we had to win that.

Looks like Ayr had the better of the chances and probably should’ve had a penalty, too. Shankland probably doesn’t help himself with the way he falls, makes it look more like he’s looking for it. There is definitely contact, though.

At the Ayr goal could Dave McKay do more to get back towards the line? When Shankland gets the ball there it only really one thing he’s going to do, if he’s sprinting back towards his own goal he would certainly have been pretty close to getting it clear. Spence’s celebration is not to dissimilar to what Moffat and Shankland were doing at the last game between the sides at Stark’s. The complete change of direction from running towards the dugout to getting himself round the back of the goals most pleasing.

Making Stark’s Park such a fortress in recent times is a big difference. I’m all for it.

Just glad the pressure is all on Ayr now. They need us to f**k up and they can’t afford to f**k up themselves. McCall’s excuses today lead me to believe they’re sweating a bit now. They really needed a win there.

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Doesn,t say much for your team/ forwards who only  managed the one goal and very few other opportunities against  a pish defence

Sorry, I forgot you were Fifers and it would take 3 attempts for you all to understand. 

Defence, made up of defenders, the ones closest to your goalkeeper, well, they were crap

Midfield, the ones further up the pitch from the defenders, well, they were quite good

On the few occasions we by-passed your quite good midfielders, your defenders were pish

do you understand this time or do you require pictures?

Sorry, I forgot you were Fifers and it would take 3 attempts for you all to understand. 
Defence, made up of defenders, the ones closest to your goalkeeper, well, they were crap
Midfield, the ones further up the pitch from the defenders, well, they were quite good
On the few occasions we by-passed your quite good midfielders, your defenders were pish

And you still couldn’t beat us. Get it up the lot of you.

Pictures please and this is my second attempt just incase you cant count

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Pictures please and this is my second attempt just incase you cant count

Third from Fifers*in case you can't count

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm hearing BANG,BANG, BANG , yet I don't have a headache, could it be @diegomarahenry having an embolism?

Again, I'm sure this was funny to you.........

I do find it a little concerning that we’ve played three games since signing this lad from Celtic and haven’t seen fit to give him a single minute on the park yet. I understand there’s been mitigating circumstances in each of those games so far but my hopes of him being a marauding midfield general, running up the pitch whilst juggling the ball on his head are getting slimmer with each passing match. Putting Herron in ahead of him today must’ve been a kick in the teeth.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I do find it a little concerning that we’ve played three games since signing this lad from Celtic and haven’t seen fit to give him a single minute on the park yet. I understand there’s been mitigating circumstances in each of those games so far but my hopes of him being a marauding midfield general, running up the pitch whilst juggling the ball on his head are getting slimmer with each passing match. Putting Herron in ahead of him today must’ve been a kick in the teeth.

Agree with this. Seems to be the Juan Guerrero syndrome. I was hoping we'd give him some game time today at least, but Smith didn't change it up at all or bring him on. He'll only get better the longer he stays on the bench according to our fans. Next week people will be posting his track record for Celtic u20s. 

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Your having a mare.

Switch off your PC and head to your bed,you,ll feel better in the morning

Because I had to explain to you what the difference between defence and midfield was ? and all the while you were preparing to use the word  "mare" 

Archived