Shit Bands With One Good Song

Gaz

21 hours ago, The OP said:

Yes it generally does, what you're doing is confusing personal taste with consensus. The consensus is that it's one of the best and most influential songs of the 20th century and it has been used in loads of films and TV programmes as a result.

But music is all about personal taste.

TV not so much, but I watch a lot of films and I can genuinely say that I have never heard it on a film score. Going by your logic I can expect to see tracks such as Real 2 Real (ft The Mad Stuntman) track I Like To Move It,  being listed as one of the best and influential songs of the 20th century because it has been used in loads of films and TV.

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

But music is all about personal taste.

TV not so much, but I watch a lot of films and I can genuinely say that I have never heard it on a film score. Going by your logic I can expect to see tracks such as Real 2 Real (ft The Mad Stuntman) track I Like To Move It,  being listed as one of the best and influential songs of the 20th century because it has been used in loads of films and TV.

Nah I don't think you're going by my logic tbh. If anything, logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead with the above post. And, following your logic, if music is all about personal taste the implication you have made that I Like to Move It is not one of the best songs of the 20th century seems false because no song could ever be considered bad or good as long as someone somewhere likes or dislikes it.

Off the top of my head it's in Platoon, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, starts and ends an episode of The Sopranos, is in more than one episode of the Simpsons, is in the Handmaid's Tale and the recent amazing Ken Burns documentary about the Vietnam War. I'd also imagine it would feature in any lists of songs of the 20th century and greatest songs of all time and what have you because objectively it's a pretty class song and is up there as one of the classics of the Woodstock/Vietnam era and of psychedelic rock.

• 2 weeks later...
There are some really wild suggestions on this thread but here are mine   Dido - Here with Me EMF - Unbelievable

Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to love

Basemant Jaxx = Good Luck

Shamen - Move Any Mountain

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Obv someone who hasn’t listened to early Shamen.  

In Gorbachev We Trust is an outstanding album.

Synergy

Raptyouare

Transcendental

Adam Strange

All so much better than Pro>Gen ....

MDMAzing

https://youtu.be/hxoe-xUYL8g

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 17:54, paranoid android said:

Rush is an interesting one - incredible band with few decent songs, if any. 

Not really a "song" band.  With a singer like that it's understandable! 

On 11/25/2018 at 15:31, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Bluetones - Slight Return

On 3/24/2019 at 19:14, Lost In The Humming Air said:

Pearl Jam - Jeremy? 

On 1/8/2018 at 23:26, D.A.F.C said:

Nirvana smells like teen spirit

I realise that some of the posts in the thread are just abysmal trolling, but get a grip.