Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Romeo said:

That's twice by 2 St Maureen supporters I have been called condescending, must be word of the week. 

That patter. Fuck me.

Well this has escalated quickly (* insert meme here *)....

Anyone want to talk about the game?

I'd expect the same line up as last time, Stellios continuing to cover for the injured Eckersley although I do fear he's due a bit of a nightmare game sometime soon - sadly the downside of his occasional glimpses of brilliance. McGinn, Magennis, Davis, Reilly, Morgan all on top form, both Smiths putting in great shifts and even Samson showing surprising levels of competency we really are in a good place and that's before any new additions are brought in. If you believe the rumours it's likely they'll be one before Saturday, perhaps two.

I see (on the BBC) Aitken is tempting Russell to come back for them and I'd imagine they are desperate for more striking options so I wouldn't be surprised to see some movement from them before Saturday as well. Sutton has been oft mentioned and I don't know how strong that desire is. I guess, and it's only that, this is about wages. If something is done, then all I ask is that it's done after this game. No matter how ineffectual Sutton has been for us, I never like seeing an ex-signing lining up against us right after a switch. For most non-Sons fans the name that would raise most interest is probably their Froxylias. Every time I've seen him, and admittedly it's not a lot, he's looked very tidy and more than capable of causing us issues. Not sure if he's injured just now or not.

3 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

who are you you going to rip off once we're gone? don't think you'll make the same off ross co or hamilton.

We probably won't mate, I don't think their fans are complete mugs that will pay fucking anything to watch the football like you lot.

Just now, Romeo said:

Looks like it's St Mirren to me.

Can you think of a reason why St.Mirren would want to make it harder for their own fans to get cheaper tickets for an away game?

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

Well this has escalated quickly (* insert meme here *)....

Anyone want to talk about the game?

I'd expect the same line up as last time, Stellios continuing to cover for the injured Eckersley although I do fear he's due a bit of a nightmare game sometime soon - sadly the downside of his occasional glimpses of brilliance. McGinn, Magennis, Davis, Reilly, Morgan all on top form, both Smiths putting in great shifts and even Samson showing surprising levels of competency we really are in a good place and that's before any new additions are brought in. If you believe the rumours it's likely they'll be one before Saturday, perhaps two.

I see (on the BBC) Aitken is tempting Russell to come back for them and I'd imagine they are desperate for more striking options so I wouldn't be surprised to see some movement from them before Saturday as well. Sutton has been oft mentioned and I don't know how strong that desire is. I guess, and it's only that, this is about wages. If something is done, then all I ask is that it's done after this game. No matter how ineffectual Sutton has been for us, I never like seeing an ex-signing lining up against us right after a switch. For most non-Sons fans the name that would raise most interest is probably their Froxylias. Every time I've seen him, and admittedly it's not a lot, he's looked very tidy and more than capable of causing us issues. Not sure if he's injured just now or not.

I'm told Aitken wanted Sutton but has now given up on him, hence the turn to Russell (and others).  Froxylias has been in and out of the team due to fitness for the last 2-3 months and it's been pretty disappointing tbh. There's chat of us bringing Andy Stirling back this month and for me I'd be dropping Froxylias to the bench in favour of him, no bother. Froxylias is a bit too much of a luxury and to be honest I don't think he's doing everything he can to get fit. Capable of a moment of brilliance but also capable of hiding.  I expect Danny Handling, Walsh and Calum Gallagher will be our "attacking midfield 3" on Saturday, unless we can sign Stirling before then.

4 minutes ago, Div said:

Can you think of a reason why St.Mirren would want to make it harder for their own fans to get cheaper tickets for an away game?

I have no idea.

I also have no idea why the St Mirren fans were pilling in on Dubarton without knowing all the facts.

3 minutes ago, Div said:

Getting interesting now!

We have St.Mirren saying Dumbarton wouldn't let them distribute the kids tickets, and we have Dumbarton saying St.Mirren refused to sell them.

One of the clubs is lying. Why? :blink:

When I called Dumbarton earlier this week after seeing on here that they may be selling children tickets on the qt they were insistent at first that they would only be on sale on the day of the game, the lady on the phone even explained that they knew nothing about the free kids offer until it was announced by the SPFL and they had to sell them this way to keep control of them. 

It was only after asking who in the SPFL I should contact that she agreed to sell me a parent and child ticket. 

It is a guddle and doesn’t show either club or the SPFL up in a good light. 

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

I have no idea.

I also have no idea why the St Mirren fans were pilling in on Dubarton without knowing all the facts.

Aren't you now doing exactly the same thing with St.Mirren?

I've only ever gone by the ONLY official communication we've seen from either club on the matter.

St.Mirren;

Dumbarton have said absolutely nothing. St.Mirren SLO has contacted them too and had no response.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm told Aitken wanted Sutton but has now given up on him, hence the turn to Russell (and others).  Froxylias has been in and out of the team due to fitness for the last 2-3 months and it's been pretty disappointing tbh. There's chat of us bringing Andy Stirling back this month and for me I'd be dropping Froxylias to the bench in favour of him, no bother. Froxylias is a bit too much of a luxury and to be honest I don't think he's doing everything he can to get fit. Capable of a moment of brilliance but also capable of hiding.  I expect Danny Handling, Walsh and Calum Gallagher will be our "attacking midfield 3" on Saturday, unless we can sign Stirling before then.

It's lazy to compare Froxylias and Stellios just because they are both Cypriot, but it's funny how similar they seem to be. Both, and correct me if I'm wrong with Froxylias, came into the team, played as if they were the next messiah, became a "fan's favourite" then their performance drops and they become inconsistent. Still able to put in some great performances but also complete stinkers. With us, Stellios is in the defence so when he does go missing it really hurts us.

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

It's lazy to compare Froxylias and Stellios just because they are both Cypriot, but it's funny how similar they seem to be. Both, and correct me if I'm wrong with Froxylias, came into the team, played as if they were the next messiah, became a "fan's favourite" then their performance drops and they become inconsistent. Still able to put in some great performances but also complete stinkers. With us, Stellios is in the defence so when he does go missing it really hurts us.

Froxy doesn't appear to have as much of a temper as Stelios, but yes I can see similarities in their personalities. When Froxylias first came I really thought we'd found a gem, but it's becoming more and more obvious why he's playing this level of football and hasn't really ever fulfilled the potential he apparently had at AEK Athens.

Well done to our brave volunteers and receptionist, giving up their time on a Thursday EVENING so St Mirren supporters can collect/reserve FREE child tickets. Great work guys, all the best to you.

I'm just glad we are acting with grace and professionalism despite the abuse and false accusations from St Mirren FC and their supporters.

Your hate will not prevail. This love will last forever.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Well done to our brave volunteers and receptionist, giving up their time on a Thursday EVENING so St Mirren supporters can collect/reserve FREE child tickets. Great work guys, all the best to you.

I'm just glad we are acting with grace and professionalism despite the abuse and false accusations from St Mirren FC and their supporters.

Your hate will not prevail. This love will last forever.

Great that Dumbarton are opening tomorrow. I expect surely some sort of communication to let people know that?

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

This not enough?

67545ad7e2c5a398b0fcdce68e5c0bcc.jpg

No mention of away fans.
No mention of free kids tickets.

Why the fuck is this so difficult!!!

Archived