Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entry - £22

Parking - £1

Programme - £2.50

Pie and a tea - £4.50

Returning hero Iain 'Beany' Russell striding out of retirement and celebrating like this after scoring a late winner in front of Div and his weans - Priceless

qYMGX2.gif

1 hour ago, dardo said:

Sorry, can I just say that it's still 14 fuckin pounds for 13-16 year olds in a 1 stand ground with part time players. That is simply outrageous.

To put it in context it's £10 for an under 13's for the Celtic V Hibs game and £17 for concessions, which I assume is under 16.

So £14 is a bit mental to watch a bunch of plumbers boot a ball around a waterlogged/frozen pitch.

Just now, Romeo said:

To put it in context it's £10 for an under 13's for the Celtic V Hibs game and £17 for concessions, which I assume is under 16.

So £14 is a bit mental to watch a bunch of plumbers boot a ball around a waterlogged/frozen pitch.

1) You'll be able to see the match rather than be stuck behind a pillar in "restricted view"

2) You won't have to share the stadium with mouth breathing bigots.

Carry on.

27 minutes ago, Rugster said:

1) You'll be able to see the match rather than be stuck behind a pillar in "restricted view"

2) You won't have to share the stadium with mouth breathing bigots.

Carry on.

But...

1. You get to see the finest team in the lanf

2. Neil Lennon's head might explode with rage

3. You don't have to go to Dumbarton

4.  I'll be there, which automatically makes it worth the admission price.

1 hour ago, dardo said:

Sorry, can I just say that it's still 14 fuckin pounds for 13-16 year olds in a 1 stand ground with part time players. That is simply outrageous.

So when Dumbarton (& Brechin) play at the 2021 stadium, it's exactly the same part time players. Why don't St Mirren drop the admission price?

14 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

So when Dumbarton (& Brechin) play at the 2021 stadium, it's exactly the same part time players. Why don't St Mirren drop the admission price?

Because the price is already lower!

The main issue is the price of the kids tickets, for away fans at St Mirren £5 under 12, £10 under 18. 

For Dumbarton over 12 to 16 £14 and according to the St Mirren website no under 12 tickets for sale until the day of the game, St Mirren have subsequently confirmed that this is at Dumbartons request and some posters have been told by Dumbarton that these are restricted to 50 for away fans and 50 for home fans but we will sell you one and don’t tell anyone  

This begs the question what will the 51st child be asked to pay? What Does a parent with 2 kids under 12 pay?

The fact that nobody can actually point to a single resource that lets the prospective paying customer know what they are going to be charged 4 days before a game is ludicrous. 

16 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Because the price is already lower!

The main issue is the price of the kids tickets, for away fans at St Mirren £5 under 12, £10 under 18. 

For Dumbarton over 12 to 16 £14 and according to the St Mirren website no under 12 tickets for sale until the day of the game, St Mirren have subsequently confirmed that this is at Dumbartons request and some posters have been told by Dumbarton that these are restricted to 50 for away fans and 50 for home fans but we will sell you one and don’t tell anyone  

This begs the question what will the 51st child be asked to pay? What Does a parent with 2 kids under 12 pay?

The fact that nobody can actually point to a single resource that lets the prospective paying customer know what they are going to be charged 4 days before a game is ludicrous. 

I get that the price is already lower.  And like a lot of Sons fans before, I agree that our prices (and many others) are too high.

dardo's point was implying that the price should be lower as the game was a PT team v a FT team, as opposed to a FT team v a FT team.  I just wondered if St Mirren lowered prices at their home games when they play a PT team, as opposed to when it's FT v FT?  Equally, should the other 7 teams in league 1 raise their home prices when Raith, Airdrie and Ayr come visiting, as they're FT teams?

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I get that the price is already lower.  And like a lot of Sons fans before, I agree that our prices (and many others) are too high.

dardo's point was implying that the price should be lower as the game was a PT team v a FT team, as opposed to a FT team v a FT team.  I just wondered if St Mirren lowered prices at their home games when they play a PT team, as opposed to when it's FT v FT?  Equally, should the other 7 teams in league 1 raise their home prices when Raith, Airdrie and Ayr come visiting, as they're FT teams?

The part time thing is complete whataboutery here in my opinion. Part time, full time, doesn't matter.

You treat customers with no respect then you eventually reap what you sow.

Away end won't be full on Saturday, and Dumbarton only have themselves to blame for that.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You could always just boycott the game, stick the middle finger up to our club and wait for the prices to drop at the next game.

Or, continue to pay what you deem is unacceptable for this level of football, fill our clubs coffers and then complain that we "robbed" you. 

The latter is seemingly the undoubted choice of St Mirren FC fans. 

I'll be doing the former.

This bus has been full every away game pretty much all season long.
Well done Dumbarton, your cunning plan is working :thumsup2

Genuine question here, is it normally full of folk with young families who have been put off by the U12s tickets, or is it more as a result of the standard entry prices?

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:
10 minutes ago, Div said:

This bus has been full every away game pretty much all season long.
Well done Dumbarton, your cunning plan is working :thumsup2

Genuine question here, is it normally full of folk with young families who have been put off by the U12s tickets, or is it more as a result of the standard entry prices?

Wouldn't imagine many kids on that bus to be fair. Time of year when people are generally strapped for cash probably has some impact too.

Either way, the "don't like it don't come" mantra is working. That seems to be what most Dumbarton fans want.

Wouldn't imagine many kids on that bus to be fair. Time of year when people are generally strapped for cash probably has some impact too.
Either way, the "don't like it don't come" mantra is working. That seems to be what most Dumbarton fans want.
Cheers. I wasn't sure if it was a special case, or something that would've happened anyway.

I'd imagine Saints will still bring our biggest away support of the season. It'd be fairly easy to estimate if we lost money as a result of the £2 increase after the game - assuming someone can get away ticket numbers.

Archived