Alloa v Dundee United

Waspie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisna there today sadly, but listening on open all mics. Tam Mcmanus saying Alloa ruing missed opportunities and better team for large parts of the gemme. 

Stats say otherwise..... for those who were there... any sense in that or is he just being a complete fucking walloper????? :blink:

The first half was absolute pish and the second half barely better.  If Alloa’s front men had had their shooting boots on today they could have taken something from the game.  Thought their No 9 and No 11 looked dangerous going forward.

The first half reminded me of our first visit to Paisley this season; 11 players thrown out on the pitch who looked like they hadn’t played with each other and who had been given absolutely no game plan.

Lyng is rotten (at least in a wide position) and Slater is rotten full stop.  In the first half the only player who offered anything was King and it wasn’t coming off for him; he fell out of the game in the second half.

Flood is a disaster at RB; thank Christ Murdochisback but I don’t understand why we recalled Allardice if we’re not going to give him a chance.

The silver lining, other than getting through to the next round, was Kadded’s 10 minute cameo.  The lad looks like he can offer something; hopefully this is a sign of things to come. 

Thought we played pretty well. Organised and determined and certainly carved out a couple of decent chances, especially Kirkpatrick's right at the start.

Losing the goal right on half-time was a sore one, more so because United had created so little to that point.

Up to the second goal we were very much in it, but we just didn't have the quality to hurt United. After they went 2-0 up, with the aid of a fortunate deflection, we didn't look like getting that back.

McCart and Jordan certainly add to the squad strength and we look well set to hold our place in the playoffs.

Lovely day, Ochils looked terrific, plenty of childish fun to be had waiting for snow to fall off the gazebo. Decent game too; really didn't seem like there was much between the teams until the second goal went in, and the team still didn't fall apart even then, which is something we've all seen before in these types of game. The BBC's stats look well off to me - did we really not have a shot on target?

The United fans seem like a decent lot; possibly the most polite I've ever encountered in the town centre. Best of luck against the unstoppable Jack Ross machine  :P

One-nil to United at half time was hash on the Wasps. In fact, if the home side had gone in, in front at that point, there could have been no complaints.

Alloa looked a strong, tall side, and the boy we've brought in to provide height, Lyng, was tortoise like. 

Probably United shaded it over the ninety, and Charleston was shit for both sides. As an example, it looked a clear penalty to Alloa right at the death,  but the referee, close by, saw nothing amiss.

Kadded looked good when he appeared, a surprise.

Charleston was shit for both sides. As an example, it looked a clear penalty to Alloa right at the death,  but the referee, close by, saw nothing amiss.

Nonsense, the ref hardly put a foot wrong.

Re the penalty call. I think it was more a case of Cawley tripping over the defenders legs rather than an actual challenge bringing him down. I've seen those given, but as an example of the ref being shit it's a poor one.

31 minutes ago, printer said:

Nonsense, the ref hardly put a foot wrong.

Re the penalty call. I think it was more a case of Cawley tripping over the defenders legs rather than an actual challenge bringing him down. I've seen those given, but as an example of the ref being shit it's a poor one.

yep a penalty would have been harsh , not to say we didnt deserve a consolation mind you , on another note Fleming grows on me, his "take no s**t" approach is entertaining to say the least

still think he could be fitter though but he has been playing well, shame for robertson to be on the bench too .

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Lovely day, Ochils looked terrific, plenty of childish fun to be had waiting for snow to fall off the gazebo. Decent game too; really didn't seem like there was much between the teams until the second goal went in, and the team still didn't fall apart even then, which is something we've all seen before in these types of game. The BBC's stats look well off to me - did we really not have a shot on target?

The United fans seem like a decent lot; possibly the most polite I've ever encountered in the town centre. Best of luck against the unstoppable Jack Ross machine  :P

From a United perspective the snow falling off the gazebo was the most exciting thing that happened in the first half.

4 hours ago, printer said:

Thought we played pretty well. Organised and determined and certainly carved out a couple of decent chances, especially Kirkpatrick's right at the start.

Losing the goal right on half-time was a sore one, more so because United had created so little to that point.

Up to the second goal we were very much in it, but we just didn't have the quality to hurt United. After they went 2-0 up, with the aid of a fortunate deflection, we didn't look like getting that back.

McCart and Jordan certainly add to the squad strength and we look well set to hold our place in the playoffs.

Agree with this. We should have been ahead rather than behind at half time, but if you miss an open goal then concede from the first set piece the opposition get then you can't really complain. The second goal was unlucky for us too but again we missed two very good chances shortly after to make it more interesting in the closing stages and only have ourselves to blame. Something of a missed opportunity overall for United weren't great and looked like a team there for the taking. Good day out though; great effort to get it on and good turnout and friendly away support. Good luck to United in the next round. 

From an Alloa point of view the new signings are very encouraging. Kirky should certainly have buried that early chance but he fitted back in very well and really improves our attacking options. With Crossan and Stewart to go back into the attack we are much better placed than than we were at the start of the season. McCart also fitted in very well in defence  and having Taggs back at RB once again gave us more attacking threat on that flank. Meggatt still to come back too. The team should be top 4 without doubt.

We'd have been in orbit if Kirkpatrick had scored that opener. What a return  :P

You feel for Robertson, as he's hardly put a foot wrong for us, but Fleming's great in Goodwin's old position. Obviously a free kick, but that moment in the second half where the wee United lad bounced right off him and he didn't even flinch  :lol:

Haven't enjoyed a defeat that much in a while. As everyone else has said, thanks to the folk who helped get the game on in the first place. Some tidy snow piling in evidence  :thumsup2

Archived