A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Celtic's Bobby Evans and Willie Bauld of Hearts on Scotland duty sometime in the 1950's. 
FB_IMG_1539417253181.thumb.jpg.44eb120d05feb554f780adbbc7599897.jpg
I got to touch a Willie Bauld Scotland top when I was 9(1977).
There was display of his caps etc after his death at the old supporters club and my dad was a well kent member.
Anyway they opened it and brought it over and allowed me to hold it
It was so heavy but the embroidered badge was something to behold.
I was brought up on stories from my dad of the trio but Willie always seemed to catch my imagination.
A great memory for me for all different reasons given my dad's poor health recently.
I think I have something in my eye !
Thank you for sharing that, it's stirred some amazing memories

Following on from the Australia v Scotland picture , we drew 0-0 in Melbourne in December 1985 after a 2-0 first leg win at Hampden in the play off tie for the 1986 World Cup, I remember well badgering my mum incessantly to let me stay off school to watch the match which kicked off at 8.00am our time, the game was shown live on Channel 4 bizarrely, the first ever live football they showed.
Attached pictures show David Speedie and Frank Mcavennie  in action as they get in each others way to contrive to miss an open goal and skipper Graeme Souness doing the pre match pleasantries while an extremely crabbit referee looks on.
Df0bGrHXcAAy5TD.thumb.jpg.17a1b779f3862380aeb746217b79d15b.jpg
IMG_20181013_080001.jpg.08d83e91e620f07d3a5b5d6ee760da67.jpg

The Socceroos captain was Adelaide born John Kosmina. He was actually signed by Arsenal and played in 1 league game and 3 UEFA Cup games in 78/79. Most as a sub.

15 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Celtic's Bobby Evans and Willie Bauld of Hearts on Scotland duty sometime in the 1950's. 

FB_IMG_1539417253181.jpg

Bauld was on loan to Edinburgh City (and Newtongrange Star) before making it big with Hearts. He later owned a paper shop. 

My granny told me my Granddad used to rave about Willie Bauld. My granddad died before I was born and the first game I actually went to was a Hibs match otherwise I might have been a Jambo! :lol:

16 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Paul McStay and Stuart Beedie contest the ball in the 1985 Scottish Cup Final, Murdo McLeod in the background slightly blurry, cant make out the other Dundee United player. 

IMG_20181013_074715.jpg

who's the Celtic No 9? Isn't he some kind of Celtic legend? :whistle 

judging by the number on his shorts that photo has been inverted. 

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

who's the Celtic No 9? Isn't he some kind of Celtic legend? :whistle 

judging by the number on his shorts that photo has been inverted. 

I'm incredulous that no one has recognised Dave Narey's hand. The most recognisable hand in world football. As far as I know.

2 minutes ago, sjc said:

It was a real tragedy. Durrant would have been the first football player on the moon had it not been for that tackle....

Cooper making an excellent attempt to get a mention on Viz's up the arse corner. Simpson making the second worst challenge on Durrant.

10 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Do Aussies still call football "wogball"?

Think that died out in the 80's but this is the cover of a book first released in 2002 by Johnny Warren who was born in Sydney, played through the late 50's, 60's & 70's wogball era plus captained Australia. The wogball was a reference to mainly Italian and Greek migrants.

Image result for johnny warren book

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

Think that died out in the 80's but this is the cover of a book first released in 2002 by Johnny Warren who was born in Sydney, played through the late 50's, 60's & 70's wogball era plus captained Australia. The wogball was a reference to mainly Italian and Greek migrants.

Image result for johnny warren book

That's good to hear.

My uncle played professional in Australia in the 70's and always talked about how mental it was.

Croats v Serbs was vile according to him.

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

My uncle played professional in Australia in the 70's and always talked about how mental it was.

Croats v Serbs was vile according to him.

I was in Melbourne last year and talking to some locals they said the same.   Also the same with matches involving ethnic Greek supporters. 

This has taken a strange turn...:huh:

Anyway, one for the Kilmarnock fans, winning the league at Tynecastle on the final day of the season in 1965 against a Hearts side who, uncharacteristically shat it when they only needed a draw to win the title. 

FB_IMG_1539509379958.jpg

This has taken a strange turn...:huh:
Anyway, one for the Kilmarnock fans, winning the league at Tynecastle on the final day of the season in 1965 against a Hearts side who, uncharacteristically shat it when they only needed a draw to win the title. 
FB_IMG_1539509379958.thumb.jpg.e0222e74697192b7821bc3fe8cf76a3a.jpg
Had Sir Alex Ferguson not missed a sitter in our match against St Johnstone earlier that month, the Pars would have went on to win the league - at least according to my old man. We ended up 3rd then lost the cup final to Celtic (Where Fergie was dropped on the day of the final; since then he's always said he tells players the day before if they are dropped for big games).