A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Jimmy was Sam’s older brother mate. Their dad was a footballer of some repute too.

Thanks. I've got a handful of old Falkirk and 'Shire photos, but I'm not sure if people on here will be very interested with them. One shows the roof blown off the Brockville enclosure after strong winds eighty years ago.

32 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thanks. I've got a handful of old Falkirk and 'Shire photos, but I'm not sure if people on here will be very interested with them. One shows the roof blown off the Brockville enclosure after strong winds eighty years ago.

Get them posted!

Far too much Kilmarnock and St Johnstone pish on here. Celtic too.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

48 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

You’re joking. Most sensible people on here will be delighted to see them. East Stirlingshire’s ground was one of the few that I didn’t manage to visit in my many, many years following Aberdeen.

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

Genuinely curious, but I cannot find any record of us wearing a red top, or striped tops in our history. 

Could this be a rare alternate kit for us, or possibly a jeanfield v Kinnoull junior match? 

The Aberdeen player taking the shot is our match winner in the 1.0 win, Derek “Cup Tie” McKay. I’m pretty sure that the photo is of the goal, but my memory isn’t what it used to be. I was there in the enclosure in front of the stand. Great memories from that match.

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’re joking. Most sensible people on here will be delighted to see them. East Stirlingshire’s ground was one of the few that I didn’t manage to visit in my many, many years following Aberdeen.

Never mind, you can at least console yourself by having been in two 20,000+ crowds at Muirton, something very few Saints fans can claim I expect!

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Get them posted!

Far too much Kilmarnock and St Johnstone pish on here. Celtic too.

Yeah, far too much. Using McGhee's principle, here's some Falkirk stuff to redress the balance.

Related image

Former Falkirk manager Alex Totten pictured at Somerset Park after winning promotion.

Image result for john lambie st johnstone

Former Falkirk right back and manager, the late, much missed John Lambie.

Image result for blair alston st johnstone v rangers

Blair Alston, who made over 200 appearances for Falkirk, celebrates after scoring at Ibrox.

Yes yes very good.

Here's one for you: my mum saw Alex Totten's cock.

I was a mascot for a match in 1983 that was postponed (I got my turn for real a few months later). To compensate for the game being off, I got to watch the players train, got the tour of Brockville, welcomed into the changing room etc. Bairns boss Alex Totten had showered after training and came marching into the changing room where we were all chatting. He was stark bollock naked. You've never seen anyone do a 180 at such speed in your life. My old mum was a nurse and not phased in the slightest and the players were totally helpless with laughter.

31 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes yes very good.

I was a mascot for a match in 1983 that was postponed (I got my turn for real a few months later). To compensate for the game being off, I got to watch the players train, got the tour of Brockville, welcomed into the changing room etc. Bairns boss Alex Totten had showered after training and came marching into the changing room where we were all chatting. He was stark bollock naked. You've never seen anyone do a 180 at such speed in your life. My old mum was a nurse and not phased in the slightest and the players were totally helpless with laughter.

He'd be on the sex offenders register if that happened nowadays.

I must thank you though. Not only have I seen Saints win the Scottish Cup I've now seen complaints about their being too much St Johnstone coverage.  These are indeed heady and historic times. :cheers

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He told the truth about Souness.

Only an Excuse (radio version) late 80s:

Jan Bartram (as impersonated by Tony Roper?): "It is not true I called Souness a b*****d. I called him.... a dirty b*****d"

Bartram had a fleeting career with Rangers and published an autobiography in Denmark in which he called Souness "a b*****d" apparently. The Daily Record had a number of Danish speakers in those days seemingly...

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes yes very good.

Thank goodness your mum was so robust. She could easily have had a stroke, assuming she could have reached of course ;)

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He also strikes me as an utter shitebag despite his hard man image. His stuff always looked like it was sneaky.

Although fair play for the Galatassary flag.

Na Souness was a hard b*****d on the park, make no bones about it. And as mentioned, he was one of the best central midfielders around Europe in his Liverpool days.

1 minute ago, Old Pack said:

John Brogan hits the back of the net 5 times in a 6-1 defeat of Falkirk in the League Cup at Brockville on this day in 1982.

IMG_4956.jpg

I mind that. In the same group we lost 0-1 at Muirton, 0-4 home and away to Dundee United, and had 2-0 and 0-0 results v Raith Rovers.