A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As you can probably guess, I was there as well. In a totally unsegregated North Terrace with no trouble, that I saw, and as you say absolutely drookit and not giving a sh*t. Fantastic day.

That was the third time I'd seen The Dons beat Celtic in a final - 1970 Scottish Cup, 1971 Dryborough Cup and 1976 Scottish League Cup

9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Slightly off topic but, I read somewhere online recently that the 6000 seat rule for the top flight no longer applies meaning, if Ayr United get promoted they would be able to use Somerset Park in its present format?

Christ almighty.

Stop the presses.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That was the third time I'd seen The Dons beat Celtic in a final - 1970 Scottish Cup, 1971 Dryborough Cup and 1976 Scottish League Cup

Are you my long lost twin? Exactly the same as me. You may have been at the 1967 losing final against Celtic, but I wasn’t, so my first three finals were winning ones. That all ended in 1978 against Rangers.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

'Are you my long lost twin? Exactly the same as me. You may have been at the 1967 losing final against Celtic, but I wasn’t, so my first three finals were winning ones. That all ended in 1978 against Rangers.

I was at the 1967 final. At the end a Celtic fan shook my hand and said "I hope you win before you're an old man." I thought cheeky so and so (or something along those lines) but then thought, "Wait a minute, we've only won it once, and that was 5 years before I was born, and this is our fourth losing final since." But I did see us win before I was an old man.

However, I'd already had a losing final experience, having seen Hibs defeat us 3-1 in the replay of the 1964 Summer Cup Final at Pittodrie.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig and grrama

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was at the 1967 final. At the end a Celtic fan shook my hand and said "I hope you win before your an old man." I thought cheeky so and so (or something along those lines) but then thought, "wait a minute, we've only won it once, and that was 5 years before I was born, and this is our fourth losing final since." But I did see us win before I was an old man.

However, I'd already had a losing final experience, having seen Hibs defeat us 3-1 in the replay of the 1964 Summer Cup Final at Pittodrie.

I wasn’t counting that! That Summer Cup Final replay is my first real memory of being at  Pittodrie. As we lived in the country and my dad worked at weekends my visits were only midweek matches. I also remember going to a Scotland v England Under 23 match at Pittodrie when Billy Bremner and Alan Ball we’re on opposite sides.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I wasn’t counting that! That Summer Cup Final replay is my first real memory of being at  Pittodrie. As we lived in the country and my dad worked at weekends my visits were only midweek matches. I also remember going to a Scotland v England Under 23 match at Pittodrie when Billy Bremner and Alan Ball we’re on opposite sides.

I very seldom got to midweek games, that was one of the few I was at, (until I was old enough to go on my own).

I was at that one, too, although I can't remember the date, must be around 1964?

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I very seldom got to midweek games, that was one of the few I was at, (until I was old enough to go on my own).

I was at that one, too, although I can't remember the date, must be around 1964?

I’ve found out that it was 24th February 1965. Also playing were Charlie Cooke (two months after his transfer to Dundee), Jim Forrest, George Murray, Peter Cormack, George Graham, Andy Penman, Paul Reaney, Norman Hunter, Nobby Stiles, John Sissons, Martin Chivers and Mick Jones. It finished 0.0. I remember it being absolutely baltic.

On Sunday, November 04, 2018 at 23:13, ftk said:

When Ayr were away and I couldn't make it I used to go and watch killie years ago (always in away end obviously) when it was terracing. Loved it supporting the away team.

This is fucking tragic behaviour  :lol:

You might be in the home end next season when you're paying us rent...

This is fucking tragic behaviour  [emoji38]
You might be in the home end next season when you're paying us rent...
I was only 12 lol. My mum used to go shopping in killie and I would go to the football with my mate. Happy days watching killie get beat. Somerset is premiership ready so no rent for anybody. [emoji4]

1 hour ago, ftk said:

I was only 12 lol. My mum used to go shopping in killie and I would go to the football with my mate. Happy days watching killie get beat. Somerset is premiership ready so no rent for anybody. emoji4.png

You can't use terracing in the Premiership can you? 

Anyway, jokes aside I'd absolutely love both teams in the top league - was just saying this to my Dad on Sunday. I honestly thought you lot would have petered out by now, fingers crossed you can keep it going :)

Anyway, jokes aside I'd absolutely love both teams in the top league - was just saying this to my Dad on Sunday. I honestly thought you lot would have petered out by now, fingers crossed you can keep it going [emoji4]

Sure you can - Celtic have standing at Parkhead after all. The all-seated rule was an SPL one and with that particular organisation no longer with us, the rule has gone too.

Anyway, jokes aside I'd absolutely love both teams in the top league - was just saying this to my Dad on Sunday. I honestly thought you lot would have petered out by now, fingers crossed you can keep it going [emoji4]
Yeah they changed the rules when the league changed to spfl. Only thing we need to get apparently is pitch covers.

I'm old enough to remember league derbies (just) early 90s. Awesome, hopefully they will be back next season although I preferred rugby park when it was terracing.

Aberdeen v Dundee at Pittodrie. Alan Gilzean and Kenny Cameron (I think) are the Dundee players and that has to be John Tubby Ogston in goal. Is the Aberdeen player on the left Jimmy Hogg? If it is and also Kenny Cameron then it’s probably 1962/63.  

ETA: It's 1963/64 League game on 7 Sep which Dundee won 4-2 (Gilzean 2, CAmeron, Penman) Crowd: 12,500

IMG_0616.jpg

Edited by Eednud

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

Aberdeen v Dundee at Pittodrie. Alan Gilzean and Kenny Cameron (I think) are the Dundee players and that has to be John Tubby Ogston in goal. Is the Aberdeen player on the left Jimmy Hogg? If it is and also Kenny Cameron then it’s probably 1962/63.

IMG_0616.jpg

strong possibility the Jimmy Hogg encountered Nemaja Vidic's mum on holiday.......