A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

The pillars coming down in front of the enclosure wall, flat on the sides and latticed on the front/back, plus the stripy rear wall of the enclosure, all suggest Firhill. If it's not, it was built on the same model.
Alloa had a strip like that 1960-62, but with white shorts - is there any chance Thistle would've worn an away top at home due to the clash? Anyway, the badge looks wrong.

If it was a Scottish Cup tie both sides used their change kit if there was a colour clash back then. League and League Cup the home team changed.

It seems the photo shows a Thistle player called John Flanagan (as suggested by 7-2) playing at Firhill in 1967.  
Thistle's change strip in the 1960s was navy blue.  So, why this outfit? Who is the opposition? 
Intriguing.
Aye, mid-sixties sounds about right, as the boots look as if they have scew-ins.

Saints On This Day‏ @SaintsOTD
Despite being involved in a car crash, the referee makes it to Muirton Park in time for kick-off on this day in 1952. St Johnstone beat Alloa 3-0.
DvacvpfWsAAlLbu.jpg

Flipping refs. Always making it all about them. Nothing ever changes.

On 12/25/2018 at 09:28, Flybhoy said:

Saw this on Football Memories facebook page, looks like Firhill or possibly Brockville to me, can any older posters confirm teams and maybe even players?

FB_IMG_1545730014752.jpg

The bands on the chest of the strip suggest late sixties.

The colours ( in b&w ) suggest Motherwell,Dumbarton or even Leeds or Bradford,

The backside of the defender suggests John Greig (but the socks are wrong)

The badge looks like a a rabbit with it's face blown away - suggests the St Johnstone farmers.

But given that the combined football brains of P&B ( I know) can't identify which clubs these  two are - could it just be not in Scotland ?

On 21/12/2018 at 10:56, paulbrucerick said:

Pre segregation I think the Railway End was deemed the traditional home end. The roof on the SRE has been there since I started going, as has the seggie fence.  Perhaps someone  of an earlier vintage can add some more info, but I think the roof went on the SRE in the early seventies.

The segregation fence was erected during the 80/81 season, following trouble at half time during the League Cup Semi Final First Leg v Dundee. I think it might have been in place for a league match v Hibs a few weeks later.