A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

33 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

thats one of my favourite kits weve ever had. im too young to have seen it on the fleah (only 30) but if anyone can point me towards a sight that sells decent replicas that would be appreciated emoji106.png

I love that design. 

Coventry and Wales had it too.  

A Dundee team wearing it, led by Gemmell and captained (I think) by Strachan, managed to lose a League Cup tie at Palmerston 6-0.

TOFFS have a decent version of it for £42, but it's minus the Admiral logo.

https://www.toffs.com/shop-by-team/football/scottish/dundee

Edited by Monkey Tennis

UP Kimi
I love that design. 
A Dundee team wearing it, led by Gemmell and captained (I think) by Strachan, managed to lose a League Cup tie at Palmerston 6-0.
thank you sir! might treat myself to the tartan SA tour shirt as well

41 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I love that design. 

My young lass bought me the replica top complete with Admiral logo. Sure she got it out the club shop but must have been about 4 years ago now

Taken from Robin Marwick's "The Boys from the Brig; A history of Albion Rovers", this pic shows Leith Athletic v Albion Rovers at Old Logie Green in 1906. The site is now the Tescos at Canonmills. 

5b1ef6c2c8b91_leith1906.thumb.jpg.3af0a63badf04cbe000c524310d0e424.jpg

5b20457aea1c5_newtongrangestar.thumb.jpg.6c7178fa6073273edb6205a507838a2a.jpg

Newtongrange Star v Meadowbank Thistle pre-season friendly 1988. 

Victoria Park is now a boring housing scheme. Although you can now get a train to Newtongrange (line passes to the back of the terracing in this photo). 

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:25, tamthebam said:

Taken from Robin Marwick's "The Boys from the Brig; A history of Albion Rovers", this pic shows Leith Athletic v Albion Rovers at Old Logie Green in 1906. The site is now the Tescos at Canonmills. 

5b1ef6c2c8b91_leith1906.thumb.jpg.3af0a63badf04cbe000c524310d0e424.jpg

Leith FC, surely ;).

On 7 June 2018 at 19:27, 8MileBU said:

You wonder how many would get in for f**k all back then?

Looks like there’ll probably be some old tales of Dads paying in through the turnstiles, but having all told their laddies to go round the back, climb the trees and get a lift down over the terrace wall.

Hope so!

Those trees are in the graveyard across the road at least 50 feet away from the retaining wall which had jaggy broken bottles as a nice decoration for any budding monkey thinking of climbing over it.

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:15, tamthebam said:

5b20457aea1c5_newtongrangestar.thumb.jpg.6c7178fa6073273edb6205a507838a2a.jpg

Newtongrange Star v Meadowbank Thistle pre-season friendly 1988. 

Victoria Park is now a boring housing scheme. Although you can now get a train to Newtongrange (line passes to the back of the terracing in this photo). 

"from Newtongrange", Shirley?

15 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"from Newtongrange", Shirley?

that would depend where you start from really. It was only a Number 3 LRT or a Number 86 Eastern Scottish bus you could get when I took that pic. 

Sandy Davie saving from Alan Gilzean at Tannadice September 1962. It was a 1-1 draw. Not sure who the other United player is but it might be Stewart Fraser. From the Courier's story about Alan Gilzean's condition. 

davie22_v01_001.jpg-910x564.jpg

From the same article. This is the Scotland team at their training camp I think before drawing 1-1 with England at Hampden in February 1968. 

Gilzean must have been injured as John Hughes played instead and scored Scotland's goal.

Back Row: Tommy Gemmell, McKinnon, Billy McNeil, Ronnie Simpson, John Greig (Capt), Eddie McCreadie Front Row: Charlie Cooke, Billy Bremner, Alan Gilzean, Willie Johnston, Bobby Lennox

PA-4843288.jpg-609x564.jpg

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

From the same article. This is the Scotland team at their training camp I think before drawing 1-1 with England at Hampden in February 1968. 

Gilzean must have been injured as John Hughes played instead and scored Scotland's goal.

Back Row: Tommy Gemmell, McKinnon, Billy McNeil, Ronnie Simpson, John Greig (Capt), Eddie McCreadie Front Row: Charlie Cooke, Billy Bremner, Alan Gilzean, Willie Johnston, Bobby Lennox

PA-4843288.jpg-609x564.jpg

Classy strip.