A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

James Bartram ('Battering Ram') was a burly big lad from South Shields who had a reputation for putting the goalie into the net with the ball, seemingly allowed in 1934.

1gppv.jpg

Scored 76 goals in 81 matches for Falkirk, including six in one game at Brockville against Ayr United. 

Wonder if he was related to Sam Bartram, born three years apart and from the same area?

1 hour ago, getaffthegrass said:

Given the "I'm always the victim, I'm only standing up for myself" comments of Neil Lennon over the last couple of days, this picture is very pertinent. Jim McLean was a fiery character, he allegedly punched a BBC reporter during an interview, but here he seems capable of taking much more close up provocation than poor old Neil without responding.

There was no 'allegedly' about it

13 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

James Bartram ('Battering Ram') was a burly big lad from South Shields who had a reputation for putting the goalie into the net with the ball, seemingly allowed in 1934.

1gppv.jpg

Scored 76 goals in 81 matches for Falkirk, including six in one game at Brockville against Ayr United. 

Wonder if he was related to Sam Bartram, born three years apart and from the same area?

Jimmy was Sam’s older brother mate. Their dad was a footballer of some repute too.

40 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:
Muirton - I think there were more than 27,000 at the game

Wikipedia has the number at 25812

If you add all the liftovers, me included, there would probably be about 27,000.

Edited by paul wright scores

29 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I think one of English FA Cup finals was won as a consequence of a centre forward barging the goalkeeper into  the net when he was holding the ball.  Nat Lofthouse perhaps (GNU Linux will look up wiki to tell us who) 

Edited by paul wright scores

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The TCS under construction in 1995/1996 - 

Image result for caledonian stadium inverness

It's original configuration from 1996-2002 before the bridge end terrace had a roof added - 

Image result for caledonian stadium inverness

Which you can just about make out at the very top of this picture of Ross Tokely in 2003/2004.  Very hard to find pics of that configuration as it only lasted 3 years - 

Image result for Inverness caledonian thistle 2003

I went to it like that for a Scottish Cup game. Drew 1-1, with both goals scored in injury time.

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He told the truth about Souness.

Can’t really remember what he said.

I know it’s not cool in the era of ‘Hipster’ football fans but when he was at Liverpool and Sampdoria I think Souness was amongst the finest midfield players in Europe. His record at club level during that period speaks for itself. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can’t really remember what he said.

I know it’s not cool in the era of ‘Hipster’ football fans but when he was at Liverpool and Sampdoria I think Souness was amongst the finest midfield players in Europe. His record at club level during that period speaks for itself. 

As a manager and bloke though, a total dick.